Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the money, and the power to bring back one TV series...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essex View Post
    Not heard anything about a movie, Not sure if Craig Charels would be able to do, Chris Barry maybe. But Red Dwarf did go down the tubes during the last couple of seasons when they bought the crew back to life.. For me the best episode ever was Backwards, where they end up on an Earth that was living life in reverse.
    Backwards was absolutely fantastic- I agree, probably the greatest Red Dwarf episode. Have you seen the video on youtube where they ran a clip backwards and there's a hidden message in the dialogue that was backwards in the ep? Very funny. I haven't seen the last few seasons, but definitely need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Backwards was absolutely fantastic- I agree, probably the greatest Red Dwarf episode. Have you seen the video on youtube where they ran a clip backwards and there's a hidden message in the dialogue that was backwards in the ep? Very funny. I haven't seen the last few seasons, but definitely need to.

I haven't seen that clip, what did it say?

Comment

I haven't seen that clip, what did it say?
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fRYLiuBGRg

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

Thanks I love it.

Comment

Thanks I love it.
            You're welcome. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Comment

I'd bring back the X-Files, SG1, or Firefly.
              sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

re: Space: Above & Beyond- according to the producers everyone lives.

As for resurrecting shows... I really liked Brimstone. There've been a few similarly themed shows around (none of which I've had a chance to see) but Peter Horton was yummy and John Glover... to this day every time I see him in something I think he's the devil.

Maybe some day I'll be able to see The Collector. And I know there's a new show coming this fall that's also a "Hell's bounty hunter" sorta thing.

Ooooo, and how about Profit?? Sadistic antiheroes are all the rage. Too bad Adrian Pasdar's busy being a regular hero. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  re: Space: Above & Beyond- according to the producers everyone lives.

I'll take their word for it ... though that's not the way I remember it, but then, it's been a while

Just found some clips of Blake's 7 online - wow! - reminds me of Buck Rogers!! Looks like they even had their own "robot", just without the arms and legs, sort of like Theo (?Dr. Theopolis?) on Buck Rogers.

Hey, that's what Stargate needs, a robot! Nah ...

So, I'll add Blake's 7 to my list of shows to bring back

Did I just hijack this thread ... several posts back ... sorry ...

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
                    I'll take their word for it ... though that's not the way I remember it, but then, it's been a while
                    Popular theories on Wang flip between his section of the ship being sealed off and safe (relatively speaking) or him surviving a few seconds in space before being scooped up by someone. Probably Elroy EL, knowing his luck.

Vansen and 'Phousse could have survived the crash landing on the planet and McQueen was in pretty good shape, all things considered.

I'd love a follow-up series to SAaB. Just so we can find out what happened to everyone AND continue the adventure with a slightly fresher take on things. At the VERY least some kind of movie or something. That finale was one of the most traumatizing things I've ever seen- brilliantly done, but traumatizing. I think I cried messily for the rest of the day after I saw it, but I also watched the whole series in a massive, two-day flu-enhanced marathon, which made it all that much worse.

Of all the shows I've seen listed here (and the ones I've listed myself) I think I'd still stick with my original three: SAaB, Cupid and Now & Again. They top my all-time favorites list and everything else pales in comparison.

I think my love of Cupid in particular would amaze a lot of people here, given that it was a very hopeful, positive show about love and relationshippy issues. But seriously, how can you go wrong when you have Jeremy Piven as the god of love? It was frakkin' brilliant while it lasted and from the looks of the last couple scripts that Rob Thomas shared with the internet, things were going to take a slightly ominous turn for the finale. *sigh* I'd love to know how that all was gonna play out.

Now & Again's cliffhanger finale is another long-time nagging aggravation. The Eggman escaped from prison and Michael escaped from captivity with his bewildered pseudo ex family in tow shortly before armed SWAT ninjas invaded their house like an angry plague. And then... nothing. ARGH! WTF happened next?!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Star Trek Enterprise; it was just getting really good too when it went under; heck, even some of the old school fans started liking it.
                      I agree it was getting really good near to the end of the season.

I must say the 4th season, was really good, when they had to go into the nebula, really, really, good, and Jolene Blalock is BUFF-A-LA-DING-DONG-A-DOO-DI-DOO.

But I wouldn't get it renewed, but instead SG-1, it's my baby, I've been watching it since I was 10 years old, I need it.

But other then SG-1 I'd do Sliders.
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                        I think it was Earth Final Conflict's time. I was never really a fan, but I watched it. On a SciFi show, I think it's a bad call to swap out the lead character every season. It's not like it was even really an ensemble, so it was basically an entirely new cast every year.

I guess the same could be said of S9.0 SG-1.....

EFC needed a better ending. The last Season was really bad. Unlike many fans, I thought the 2 Seasons before the last one were great. If they could do an EFC re-make with a different last season that is what I would do. The cliff-hanger episode at the end of the second from last season (season 4, was it? ) was fantastic. We need an EFC finla season that resolves that cliff-hanger in a better way than the last season that aired resolved it. Or , I guess they could do a sequel to the last episode with Rene, Liam, the good Atavus and company ( wasn't there a Taelon with them too? ) exploring the Universe.

Comment

firefly! those characters were so beautifully defined in so few episodes.

Comment

Oh thank you to whomever started the Red Dwarf discussion! I did a search on-line through my library and they have series 1-4! I've only seen snippets of the show. I hope they get more in.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Firefly, all the way! That show was amazing! I'm really bummed that they didn't make anymore... the characters and the plot lines were fantasmic!!
                              Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                              PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                                I agree it was getting really good near to the end of the season.

I must say the 4th season, was really good, when they had to go into the nebula, really, really, good, and Jolene Blalock is BUFF-A-LA-DING-DONG-A-DOO-DI-DOO.

But I wouldn't get it renewed, but instead SG-1, it's my baby, I've been watching it since I was 10 years old, I need it.

But other then SG-1 I'd do Sliders.
                                Why not use the Quantum Mirror to turn Star Gate Universe into a Sliders remake?

Comment

Working...
                                X