Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the money, and the power to bring back one TV series...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    How about using all my money and influence to crush someone else's revivification attempts?
    thats not nice...

which shows where you planning to stop >_>

Comment

Crusade --Tell me a story, Uncle Joe!

Doctor Who --The new series is so shallow and unimaginative. It just isn't Doctor Who.

Stargate SG-1

The Lone Gunmen --Got better and better, then just disappeared. Typical network TV.

in that order.
      Last edited by Wordsmit2; 15 April 2007, 02:15 PM.
      Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
        which shows where you planning to stop >_>
        Farscape, Lone Gunmen, SG-1.

And I don't think the current Who is any more unimaginative, ridiculous and/or "stupid" than the old one.

Comment

stargate sg-1
          John Doe
          firefly
          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
          new enemy of the Ori
          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

SG-1
            Firefly
            Stingers (aussie cop show, beat sh.it out of any other local show... loved it and still pine for it!!!)
            Earth2, was always very cranky about that not continuing
            X-Files
            Original Transformers
            Original Robotech. new manga and anime have a LOT to be desired...
            Alias
            etc etc etc....
            Vows are spoken
            To be broken
            Feelings are intense
            Words are trivial
            Pleasures remain
            So does the pain
            Words are meaningless
            And forgettable

All I ever wanted
            All I ever needed
            Is here in my arms
            Words are very unnecessary
            They can only do harm

Comment

Other than SG1:

Dead Like Me

Crusade

Firefly

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

If I had all the power in the 'verse, I'd bring back Crusade, Space: Above and Beyond and Firefly even if it were just for a single season to tie up loose threads. Heck, I'd even be generous enough to bring back Enterprise for a fifth and final season.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Dark Angel - Hands down. It had so much more story to tell and was supposed to continue and totally got screwed over. Excellent show!!

Also Firefly definitely had a lot more miles on it and I would have liked to see much much more.
                  Andromeda Fate
                  Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                  "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                  "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                  "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                  "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Definitely Firefly!

Comment

I'd finish "Surface."
                      "Highlander"
                      "Dead Like Me"

Comment

I would also bring back a remake version of Earth: Final Conflict, Mission Genesis, Something Is Out There, The Greatest American Hero, Planet of the Apes, Airwolf, Alien Nation, The Starlost, Misfits of Science, Forever Knight, The Immortal, The Outer Limits, Quantum Leap, Nowhere Man, and Starship Excalibur (a.k.a. Crusade).
                        Last edited by Whitestar; 18 April 2007, 08:34 AM.
                        Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

I think it was Earth Final Conflict's time. I was never really a fan, but I watched it. On a SciFi show, I think it's a bad call to swap out the lead character every season. It's not like it was even really an ensemble, so it was basically an entirely new cast every year.

I guess the same could be said of S9.0 SG-1.....
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Ooh, thanks for starting this thread. Blake's 7 please!

For those who don't know, it was a low-budget British sci fi series from the seventies (I think) and just the coolest thing ever. It rivalled original Trek for tacky cardboard sets, unbelievable aliens and dodgy acting. Those were the days.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                              Ooh, thanks for starting this thread. Blake's 7 please!

For those who don't know, it was a low-budget British sci fi series from the seventies (I think) and just the coolest thing ever. It rivalled original Trek for tacky cardboard sets, unbelievable aliens and dodgy acting. Those were the days.
                              Amen! I'm glad I'm not the only one who mentioned this classic sci-fi gem! And according to B7 Media Productions who owns the rights, a miniseries has been in development for several years. Paul Darrow, who played Avon was initially part of the project, but bailed out due to creative differences with B7 Media. Now, the role of Avon will be recasted and many fans, including myself are not happy about that. Nonetheless, a new actor will play Avon and the story takes place over 30 years after the final episode. For now, there is an animated series in the works, if that does well, the live action miniseries sequel will soon follow.
                              Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

For me it would be one of these:

Airwolf. W/O Barry Van Dyke (Jan Michael Vincent would be first choice but doubtful)
                                Space: Above and Beyond (Shame they killed off Vansen, Damphouse and Wang)
                                and Dark Skies

Comment

Working...
                                X