Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
    My only hope is that they DON'T do Unicron.
    I would love to see Unicron on the big screen.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1HWqbOSJLo

very cool
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          Indeed! That was great.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Wow! Even I am impressed there!
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 30 October 2009, 02:29 AM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Bay: 'Transformers 3 will have less action'

Director Michael Bay has revealed that the third Transformers film will be less action-driven than its predecessors. The filmmaker made the admission in the All Spark Experiment feature on the DVD for Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen.

He said: "It can't get bigger, we have to figure out to go sideways and I'm wondering where to start. What I'm doing is having Hasbro send me tons of lore and stuff like that, things that we can draw from, and I just got to let it simmer. "Definitely more has to be made of Bumblebee in the third one, that's a relationship you want to explore more. And I think we're definitely going to get more into the robot characters."

He added: "The third one definitely doesn't have to be as big, we could go darker. It definitely has to be more emotional, it's not going to be just about action, action, action. "And that's where I think T3 might potentially go, where things are more undercover and not as exposed."

Bay recently announced that the third instalment of the Autobots and Decepticons franchise will be released on July 1, 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ss-action.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                Bay: 'Transformers 3 will have less action'

Spoiler:
                Director Michael Bay has revealed that the third Transformers film will be less action-driven than its predecessors. The filmmaker made the admission in the All Spark Experiment feature on the DVD for Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen.

He said: "It can't get bigger, we have to figure out to go sideways and I'm wondering where to start. What I'm doing is having Hasbro send me tons of lore and stuff like that, things that we can draw from, and I just got to let it simmer. "Definitely more has to be made of Bumblebee in the third one, that's a relationship you want to explore more. And I think we're definitely going to get more into the robot characters."

He added: "The third one definitely doesn't have to be as big, we could go darker. It definitely has to be more emotional, it's not going to be just about action, action, action. "And that's where I think T3 might potentially go, where things are more undercover and not as exposed."

Bay recently announced that the third instalment of the Autobots and Decepticons franchise will be released on July 1, 2011.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...ss-action.html
                Sounds good!
                sigpic

Comment

I suspect he is lying again.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two films, so I trust Bay. I say bring it on!
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I haven't seen the second, the amount it has been bashed has turned me off. But I liked the first. Less action is very appealing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I haven't seen the second, the amount it has been bashed has turned me off. But I liked the first. Less action is very appealing to me.
                        Frankly, I don't care what others think of things. Just what I do. And I thought Revenge of the Fallen was just as good, if not better, than the first movie.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah I'd have to agree with you on one thing. I don't care about what other people think of movies I like or don't like. Because often they have no connection.

And even though I hated them, I think you'd probably like the second movie if you liked the first. Although some people apparently didn't. Frankly I am mystified how somebody would only like one movie and not the other. They weren't that different. Hell, I even though the second movie made some nominal improvements to the first. For example, Starscream has like 5 lines instead of 2.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

IMHO... ROTF is not as good as Transformers (though it's close)..... but it's still a fun movie to watch... even if you only ever rent it and watch once..... i'd say go for it.

to be frank.... it P's me off when i enjoy a movie.... then see people needlessly insulting you for enjoying yourself.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

In my opinion, the favorable and unfavorable comparisons of Revenge of the Fallen to the first movie are essentially this:

There's no major spoilers but I decided to tag it anyway.
                              Spoiler:
                              Pros:

- Megatron actually displays some semblance of a personality this time around. It's basically similar to a giant growling robotic Agent Smith in a many ways.

- Starscream does too. Although he's still far too simplified and unimportant in the movie.

- This is more robot vs robot action in the film. And it's even slightly more intelligible. At least parts of it.

- The Fallen himself was a pretty good villian. The design wasn't bad at all. He was one of the very few that felt like he had a good unique look.

- Even though he only had 4 lines (to be fair that is more than I expected), Soundwave was freakin sweet.

- Before the movie, I thought the Ravage design looked really stupid, but actually he wasn't at all. Soundwave even got to eject him.

- The emotional impact of a few of the emotional scenes they did were actually done well.

- The long human-centric main plot that entails the overwhelming majority of the movie is actually kinda vaguely decent. The humans weren't annoying this time around. It's possible I may have kinda liked it in another movie. The problem is it still shouldn't be the main plot in a transformers movie!

Cons:

- The vast majority of the Autobots have even less screen time than before. To the point where I'm kinda uncertain who any of them even were. Except of course for all the most annoying ones.

- Megatron doesn't seem all that important anymore, because introducing The Fallen changes him from the main antagonist and renders him a mere minion of the actual main antagonist.

- Much of the "plot" as it were, is even sillier.

- The dynamic of the humans saving the day instead of the Autobots is even more overplayed. So with the exception of Optimus, the Autobots are are not only almost invisible, but also completely unnecessary and superfluous.

- There is significantly more lowbrow humor.

- The final battle is shorter. Although this time at least they didn't constantly cut to Sam during it.

- There is more unnecessary and annoying sub-plots.

In my opinion, of course. I get the impression that everything is was that people liked about the first movie was still there. Only more. But then I was never a fan of the first movie. So honestly, what do I know?
                              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 05 November 2009, 02:55 AM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                                You shouldn't let others influence your decision. I don't care what forums, critics, etc say...I have a brain and form my own opinion of movies. There were movies that critics, forums, and even my friends hateds...but I watched on DVD and loved. If I'd listened to the hype...I would've missed out on what I think are good movies.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Frankly, I don't care what others think of things. Just what I do. And I thought Revenge of the Fallen was just as good, if not better, than the first movie.
                                Amen
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X