No announcement yet.

Transformers Movie Series News/Discussion SPOILERS POSSIBLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how they could possibly make it dark or serious. The entire premise of the Transformers is ridiculous. They might as well try to turn Tiny Toons into a serious drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
      I don't know how they could possibly make it dark or serious. The entire premise of the Transformers is ridiculous. They might as well try to turn Tiny Toons into a serious drama.
      And do you have anything positive to add?

It'll be ok with Optimus I guess, I just liked Galvatron and Rodimus, sleaker and..i dunno *shrug* But ole Meggy and Prime will rock anyway

Just hope they don't do away with the storyline/characters :O
      Do a Resident Evil Movie/Game situation where the Movie was only based LOOSLY on the Game.
      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
        Just hope they don't do away with the storyline/characters :O
        Do a Resident Evil Movie/Game situation where the Movie was only based LOOSLY on the Game.
        I'm fairly certain that I've heard we should have characters we all know in the film. As for the storyline being the same, that I'm not no sure of. We can only hope. Another thing I heard somewhere before is that we'll get
        Spoiler:
        a limited amount of Transformers in the movie. Like 5 or 6 on each side.
        Could be incorrect though; wish I remembered where I read that from.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

5 or 6 doesnt sound too bad, be nicer if its more like 10 though. Limited amount means its more centred on the charcters then action.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I think I'll pass on this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
              I think I'll pass on this movie.
              Without even giving it a try, or waiting for more previews? That's too bad.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So what did people think of the short teaser trailer? Myself, I'm still highly optimistic that this film can be done right. Your thoughts??
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Dunno; there's not much to think about, methinks. All we really saw was some Mars footage, a silhouette and some transforming letters.

My sister, who recently decided to start collecting Transformers, thinks it looks cool.
                  [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                    Dunno; there's not much to think about, methinks. All we really saw was some Mars footage, a silhouette and some transforming letters.

My sister, who recently decided to start collecting Transformers, thinks it looks cool.
                    Yeah, I know, there's little to go on at the moment. But I didn't just mean the trailer. What storyline do you all think this movie should take? Should it follow the comics, the tv show, or be totally different?
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

He just wanted to increase his post count...
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Saw the teaser today with Dead Man's Chest. I wasn't a huge Transformers fan as a kid, but I did have a few of the toys. I was impartial to the idea.

However, after reading Ain't It Cool News' set visit, I am intrigued. It's Michael Bay, who likes his action scenes huge and his effects budget ever bigger. Which he apparantly has. Dig around on that site, and you can find some pics of the vehicles they've built to represent the robots in their various car/truck/tank forms.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          Saw the teaser today with Dead Man's Chest. I wasn't a huge Transformers fan as a kid, but I did have a few of the toys. I was impartial to the idea.

However, after reading Ain't It Cool News' set visit, I am intrigued. It's Michael Bay, who likes his action scenes huge and his effects budget ever bigger. Which he apparantly has. Dig around on that site, and you can find some pics of the vehicles they've built to represent the robots in their various car/truck/tank forms.
                          Thanks for the link to that. Pretty cool read. Scorponok, huh? Sweet!
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Scorponok = awesome! I can't wait to get some details about what he's going to look like.

The AICN article was a good read as well. Thanks for posting that.

As far as my individual thoughts, I think that this could be really good. This is the perfect project for Michael Bay (I'm expecting big budget, big explosions and the works). The announcement trailer was perfect. For a film that's a year from release and still filming, I think that they did a great job. I felt sufficiently teased. I should also note that Michael Bay noted on his blog that no Mars footage will appear in the film.

Comment

aintitcool.com currently has a picture of Optimus as a vehicle. Hurry now before it gets yanked....

HERE
                              My favorite Doctor Who websites;

Each episode in amazing detailed notes
                              Build a Dalek
                              Build a TARDIS
                              Dedicated to Pamela Nash, the woman who caused a ton of Who episodes to be missing
                              The Police Box Website

KNOW YOUR ROLE, AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!

Comment

The success of this movie for Transformer fans is going to depend entirely on nostalgia. As long as it has giant robot battles, Walther P38 Megatron, 18-wheeled tractor-trailer Optimus Prime, "Autobots, transform and roll out!", fans will be happy. As for people who have never seen Transformers or at least G1 Transformers, this movie is almost guaranteed to suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X