No announcement yet.

Primeval : Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...For some banal reason, I didnt think you were British.

Oh yeah, the ten episode deal was because they had another good to go, but that was before the crunch started. The declining ratings aint helping either.

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
      D'you mean, storywise 'cause of everything that happened this week, or externally in the real world?

Also: I'm going to miss it again this week! I'll be in Italy...
      Externally in the real world. Despite what happened in the last eps I don't think the story's bad.
      Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Cinematic future for Primeval?

According to reports in Broadcast, ITV dinosaur series Primeval is heading for the big screen, courtesy of Warner Bros.

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/3373-cin...e-for-primeval

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

According to reports in Broadcast, ITV dinosaur series Primeval is heading for the big screen, courtesy of Warner Bros.

No idea what to think of that...although they're trying a new direction, it might work for a movie...

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post

Hmmm, interesting...
            Not sure how it would work, mind you. Though if it's still little more than an idea, the writers probably don't know yet either!

Comment

A film makes sense, there plenty of stories that could be done with the premise. I am I hoping it will focus on what ever cause the end of the world that we have been seeing in the current.

But why does it have to be remade for the Americans audience.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                A film makes sense, there plenty of stories that could be done with the premise. I am I hoping it will focus on what ever cause the end of the world that we have been seeing in the current.

But why does it have to be remade for the Americans audience.
                Same reason they remade Life on Mars or Bella Martha for the American audience...no idea what that was, though...Ô_0

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                  Same reason they remade Life on Mars or Bella Martha for the American audience...no idea what that was, though...Ô_0
                  I think they mis calculated Life on Mars, through, it has hardly been successful from what I hear.
                  But Eleventh hour is better than the ITV version but perhaps that because we have had 18 USA episodes vs ITV4.
                  We just lucky that the beeb told American tv where to go when they asked for doctor who
                  Last edited by knowles2; 16 April 2009, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_red_ocean View Post
                    Because some people think that Americans are too stupid to get or appreciate British shows. Which simply isn't true.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      Because some people think that Americans are too stupid to get or appreciate British shows. Which simply isn't true.
                      That's sad

Comment

Adrian Hodges: Death and dinosaurs

In an exclusive interview with Total Sci-Fi, Primeval co-creator Adrian Hodges talks about the major changes in the new season – including the death of Douglas Henshall's Nick Cutter and the arrival of new team members Danny Quinn and Sarah Page...

http://www.dwscifi.com/interviews/33...-and-dinosaurs

Comment

I'm just going to whine in here for a minute or two - I'm going on holiday for a week, so will miss this week's episode. Which would be fine, 'cause ITV has an online catch-up service. Except I used that last week, and the quality was dreadful, pixellated and 'skippy'. Bah.

I think I was spoiled by Demand Five, their service is really very good, even when you take it up to full screen.

Comment

'Primeval' star discusses plot twist

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a15...lot-twist.html

Comment

I think they really need a
                              (spoilers for if you haven't seen 303)
                              Spoiler:
                              new lead character. The others are good but they don't have the star character quality that Cutter had. You could watch one episode and know he was important.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                                I think they really need a
                                (spoilers for if you haven't seen 303)
                                Spoiler:
                                new lead character. The others are good but they don't have the star character quality that Cutter had. You could watch one episode and know he was important.
                                Spoiler:

I think they're getting one - the detective from Ep2.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X