This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xzyl
    USA Network has always been the parent company to Sci-Fi Channel. 2-3 years ago was about when USA Network was sold from Showtime/The Movie Channel (Parent Paramount) to NBC/Universal. Also about the same time Sci-Fi channel became Universal's dumping ground.
    Ah, that's what happened. I knew something was sold to someone and that's when programming seemed to change.

Thanks for the info.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

the only things i watch on sci-fi any more are stargate(obviously ) and the star trek (w/ my pop ) and Twighlight zone marathons
      Executive 1:Uh O! Our ratings are -9
      Executive 2:What could be so bad to do that to the greatest network in the universe?
      Executive1:It's gotta be that dang star-fence show
      Executive2: I say we cancel it!
      Executive1:OR we could make a movie so awsome, everyone will love it!
      Executive 2: but what about what happend last time sir?
      Executive 1: O yes,NOTE TO SELF never make a movie that has somone with a lawyer...damn vampires
      Executive 2: How about walrus's?
      Executive 1:GENIUS!, but for extra zing will make it possed by alien ghost cowboys. It could be in Las Vegas, with zombies
      Executive 2:Lawyers Sir
      Executive 1: DAMN
      Executive 2: stereo-type canadians?
      Executive 1: PERFECT! but were gonna need a star.
      Executive 2: let's use an actor from Sungate
      Executive 1:Id use the guy with bling on his head but his last name is judge, they scare me
      Executive 2:Will just kidnap and brainwash a model..again
      Executive 1: WE ARE GODS!

Comment

Didnt scifi show Braveheart once? THAT definately has nothing to do with either scifi or fantasy. Someone must have mistaken it for Highlander.

Scifi original movies are really horrible. SG1 is having all these problems with staging offworld episodes and scifi blows its money on bad movies. I believe the only good movie with "Versus" in the title was "Kramer Versus Kramer".

Scifi should stock its saturday night lineup with new shows. Market demographics show that the best time to show scifi is on friday and saturday nights. They are only taking advantage of half of their potential.

Comment

Definatly dump the original movies. The original movies can't be bringing in ratings. They need to just run existing movies when they want to go that way.

I don't think they can afford to do many original shows. SG1, SGA and Battlestar Galactica are probably thinning their budget pretty well. But seriously, if they concentrated on shows people grew up watching (or are too young to have done that and want to watch now) they could easily keep their daytimes filled. Get a couple of lower budget sci-fi shows (Sci-fi does not require travel to another world) and they could be in good shape.

Heck, rerunning old sci-fi shows could fill up the days (when the audience is probably slim anyway) pretty easily. Just the 70's alone gives you the Incredible Hulk, BSG, Wonder Woman, Buck Rogers, Fantasy Island, the Six Million Dollar Man, the Bionic Woman, etc etc (and that's just off the top of my head). Get ahold of some cartoons for the mornings like Superfriends, Transformers, etc and you can pull in some of the kiddie audience before they leave for school. Heck, if you want to give the kids something more modern get Batman Beyond (or whatever that was called) the Transformers Beast stuff and things like that.

I don't think I know as much about this as they do, but it seems like some pretty bad decisions (and wastes of money) keep happening.
          Seth Cotis,
          SLA Stargate Command RPG
          Stargate Command

If you are a fan of RPG's and Stargate check out SG9
          http://sg9.slasims.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
            Market demographics show that the best time to show scifi is on friday and saturday nights. They are only taking advantage of half of their potential.
            Oh that cannot be right. That just cannot. It has to be an assumption. People think you're into Sci-fi so you don't go out Friday and Saturday. That just cannot be right.

I have three very good friends. We're all into sci-fi. Two are huge Trek fans. We go out on the weekends constantly (which ticks off two of their wives). I think that is just an assumption.
            Seth Cotis,
            SLA Stargate Command RPG
            Stargate Command

If you are a fan of RPG's and Stargate check out SG9
            http://sg9.slasims.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unas
              Market demographics show that the best time to show scifi is on friday and saturday nights. They are only taking advantage of half of their potential.
              SLASeth may be onto something here. Most people usually go out saturday night. Friday i could vouch for, but only because they air Stargate and BSG on friday, so the association of those shows with Friday may draw some people to scifi.

However, SciFi can create all the new junk they want, but if it's not quality material , they shouldn't even bother.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                I wonder why I got red repped for this post? I got two reds for this recently. I was just telling the truth, or at best, stating my opinion.
                I'd give you some green for it, but the system won't let me until I give some to someone else first. Once I do that I'll send some your way, because you really were spot-on with your post.
                MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Is anyone going to give Alien Apocalypse a chance tonight? I'm hoping for an alien version of Army of Darkness...

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Alien Apocalypse looks like another stinker! Can you believe the fake mustache and beard on that dorky slave driver? How cheap are these people anyway?

Comment

Well, I'll give Alien Apocalypse a try. In fairness, I usually give all sciFi originals one screening before I berate them for their cheesiness. (But if SciFi keeps up it's usual trend, this one will more likely be another bomb-out. )

Comment

OK tell me how the movie 10.5 is sciene fiction related.(on for next week) Maybe it should be called the Sci-Fact channel.

Comment

Originally posted by vinzchlortho
                          OK tell me how the movie 10.5 is sciene fiction related.(on for next week) Maybe it should be called the Sci-Fact channel.
                          10.5 is that earthquake movie. Sci-Fi is where I saw that the first time around. The first half was the better half (in my opinion). All the good stuff gets destroyed then. But in general, 10.5 was actually one of better movies Sci-Fi made.

As for how 10.5 relates to sci-fi... There is science involved in seismology, so 10.5 could be considered a valid offering for the sci-fi channel.

Comment

Regarding Alien Apocalypse: The reviews are in...
                            Spoiler:

Wow...that was 2 hours of my life that I won't get back! Not even seeing Renee O'conner again (Xena) was worth that much cheese!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                              Regarding Alien Apocalypse: The reviews are in...
                              Spoiler:

Wow...that was 2 hours of my life that I won't get back! Not even seeing Renee O'conner again (Xena) was worth that much cheese!
                              I actually missed the first 45 minutes, and didn't bother to watch much of the remainder. (most likely because i missed the first half, so none of it made real sense at all.) But i did manage to see wasn't really up to par with keeping my interest for more than say 10-15 minutes.

Sci-Fi really needs to pick up the pace in the "Originals" department before they lose all their fans.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumper747
                                Hey Jared -- Yes!!! I completely agree with your position here.
                                They really do play so much junk on the Sci-Fi channel now. It's horrible. I really only watch it on Fridays for Stargate SG-1/Atlantis now. Nothing else I can find on there during my free time is worth my free time.
                                I think you forgot the Bowflex commercials. And all those creepy/freaky/random Sci-Fi Channel promos.
                                you also forgot the dog food commercials with pete that ONLY air on the Sci-Fi channel.

i already made a review of alien apocalypse on its thread but ill make another one here.

alien apocalypse was in my opinion one of scifi's worst movies. the story line with bruce campbell going to meet the president? I believe that was used in....THE WIZARD OF OZ! i mean come on, who couldnt forsee that the president was going to be a wimp. and the way that they picked up everybody they came acoss? the only thing missing was a pair of bright red slippers and i wouldnt be suprised if bruce slipped a pair on at the end of the show. the girl with brown hair that followed him around, worst actor i have ever seen.

Snake King--during the show a preview aired for this movie. the preview went as followed, a group of scientists stumbles something that will lead them to the basis of the fountain of youth story but giant snakes get in the way.
                                Now i'm very sorry but that is THE EXACT SCRIPT OF THE MOVIE ANACONDAS!!! the exact script! i mean come on did they really thik no one would notice?

Comment

Working...
                                X