This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    I watched a few episodes of Dark Shadows, i wasn't too interested, but probably because i was watching the very old ones in b/w, which took forever for something to happen.

Are you sure? Scare Tactics wasn't cancelled after its first season, i'm not too sure about that Tremors Series though, which recently got replaced by Andromeda .
    I said *usually* but that isn't always the case. Tremors has been cancelled (1), The Chronicle is dead (1), Black Scorpion (thankly 1), First Wave is dead (3), Invisible Man is dead (2), Welcome to Paradox (1)...

I don't follow the reality shows, but it does suck that somehow Scare Tactics will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by FieryHands
      I said *usually* but that isn't always the case. Tremors has been cancelled (1), The Chronicle is dead (1), Black Scorpion (thankly 1), First Wave is dead (3), Invisible Man is dead (2), Welcome to Paradox (1)...

I don't follow the reality shows, but it does suck that somehow Scare Tactics will be back.
      Exactly...almost EVERY series that Sci-fi has created itself has failed and been cancelled. Stargate was created on Shotime, so maybe that's why it has survived. In order to move to Sci-fi, the powers that be made it clear that they didn't want any involvement from Sci-fi staff; they wanted exclusive control like they had on sho-time. Sci-fi agreed in order to get the prized Stargate show on their severely failing network. Even back in 2001 or 2002, when it moved over to sci-fi, the network was in dire straights. The ONLY reason why the network is even still in exisence is because of stargate. This means that Stargate producers,writers, and directors have a LOT of power over there. If Sci-fi starts interfering, the Stargate people can always say "okay, bye...we'll go back to shotime or move over to another network and you'll die without us." so the sci-fi chan doesnt interfere and that's the only reason the relationship between the two works.

If not for Stargate, what would Sci-fi have? A few Farscape and miscellaneous successful mini-series? Also, I'm betting on Battlestar Gallactica's demise in january; it won't last since it's gonna be under the exclusive control of the morons at the sci-fi channel. It won't be like stargate where it's under its own power.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
        If Sci-fi starts interfering, the Stargate people can always say "okay, bye...we'll go back to shotime or move over to another network and you'll die without us." so the sci-fi chan doesnt interfere and that's the only reason the relationship between the two works.
        power.
        Actually, Showtime is the network that decided not to renew Stargate for its 6th season, and Scifi are the ones who saved SG from being forever cancelled, so i don't think the people at Stargate can say that, but maybe another network would work. The thing i don't get with what your saying Lord Anubis, the writer or producer or whatever said that they had a S5 thought out already, but had to stick it in a 4 hour miniseries (i think it was 4?). If scifi was making them do stuff which ended up making them being cancelled, why bother making a whole season storyline/arc/etc when they would know they would be told what to do.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars is not produced by Scifi--a third party stepped in and gave Henson the financial backing. Scifi has the rights to air it. That's it.

Comment

Actually, Showtime is the network that decided not to renew Stargate for its 6th season, and Scifi are the ones who saved SG from being forever cancelled, so i don't think the people at Stargate can say that, but maybe another network would work. The thing i don't get with what your saying Lord Anubis, the writer or producer or whatever said that they had a S5 thought out already, but had to stick it in a 4 hour miniseries (i think it was 4?). If scifi was making them do stuff which ended up making them being cancelled, why bother making a whole season storyline/arc/etc when they would know they would be told what to do.
            Nope, that's not what I said dude, what I said was, the ONLY good thing the Sci-fi chan has done is to get Stargate and then leave it alone. What I mean is, Show-time was going to cancel them, but up to that point, showtime left Stargate alone; they let them run their show as they saw fit. When Stargate came over to Sci-fi, based on what I read, the creators and writers were afraid that Sci-fi would do to Stargate what it had done to many other shows: destroy it. So, they fought to keep their autonomy and prevent Sci-fi from ruining the show.

Sci-fi was so glad to have a winning show on its line-up, that it left Stargate alone and it continued to do well. My point was, just imagine if the sci-fi channel powers meddled and took control, there would probably be no stargate today. Sci-fi never took control, just let them go free and poured more money at them, which was the best thing they could have done.

Sooooo, today, Stargate is doing well, Atlantis exists, but if not for those two shows, where would sci-fi be? Crossing over with John Edwards maybe!

Comment

Originally posted by FieryHands
              Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars is not produced by Scifi--a third party stepped in and gave Henson the financial backing. Scifi has the rights to air it. That's it.
              Right. Another thing I dont like about them, they are sneaky. When they announced the mini I was really pissed off about it. They made it seem like they were the ones that decided to renew it when it wasnt them at all. They are just buying the rights to show it.

They are not really acting professional. When they cancelled Farscape they told the people only a few days before shooting ended. After of course they said it would come back for another year. I just found this out but they did almost the same thing to The Chronicle, even worse. They didnt tell the people their show wasnt coming back until they were about to start preproduction on their next season! Was hoping when NBC bought them out they would have new administration but they kept everyone.

I think Scifi should try to be like Space up there in Canada. I look at their site and they have so many scifi shows!

I agree LordAnubis, without SG1 Scifi would be dead. All their original shows they cancelled. They were lucky they got SG1. You cant have a network based on one night tv shows and miniseries. Sure you would get high viewers for then, but then what? You have no show to keep them watching the channel.
              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                Nope, that's not what I said dude, what I said was, the ONLY good thing the Sci-fi chan has done is to get Stargate and then leave it alone. What I mean is, Show-time was going to cancel them, but up to that point, showtime left Stargate alone; they let them run their show as they saw fit. When Stargate came over to Sci-fi, based on what I read, the creators and writers were afraid that Sci-fi would do to Stargate what it had done to many other shows: destroy it. So, they fought to keep their autonomy and prevent Sci-fi from ruining the show.

Sci-fi was so glad to have a winning show on its line-up, that it left Stargate alone and it continued to do well. My point was, just imagine if the sci-fi channel powers meddled and took control, there would probably be no stargate today. Sci-fi never took control, just let them go free and poured more money at them, which was the best thing they could have done.

Sooooo, today, Stargate is doing well, Atlantis exists, but if not for those two shows, where would sci-fi be? Crossing over with John Edwards maybe!
                Oo- i think i understand now... Maybe... Haha... So are you saying it wasn't good that sci-fi decided to air the four seasons of Farscape in the first place, snice you did say, "...what I said was, the ONLY good thing the Sci-fi chan has done is to get Stargate and then leave it alone." Ok, maybe i'm twisting your words, but me wanna make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                  I agree LordAnubis, without SG1 Scifi would be dead. All their original shows they cancelled. They were lucky they got SG1. You cant have a network based on one night tv shows and miniseries. Sure you would get high viewers for then, but then what? You have no show to keep them watching the channel.
                  Wouldn't it suck though if scifi hadn't picked up SG1? I don't think any network would have picked our beloved show up back when it was dropped by Showtime, back in S5, although we will never know, or probably will never know, i think i rather thank Scifi for picking the SG in case that no other network would, instead of saying their network sucks, although i do think some of their original programming is something i wouldn't watch all the time.

Comment

Wouldn't it suck though if scifi hadn't picked up SG1? I don't think any network would have picked our beloved show up back when it was dropped by Showtime, back in S5, although we will never know, or probably will never know, i think i rather thank Scifi for picking the SG in case that no other network would, instead of saying their network sucks, although i do think some of their original programming is something i wouldn't watch all the time.
                    Those were exactly the thoughts i was having. Not that I wouldn't like some of their original programming to be more to my taste, or for them to air things I like more, but I don't expect much from a basic cable station.

Comment

Oo- i think i understand now... Maybe... Haha... So are you saying it wasn't good that sci-fi decided to air the four seasons of Farscape in the first place, snice you did say, "...what I said was, the ONLY good thing the Sci-fi chan has done is to get Stargate and then leave it alone." Ok, maybe i'm twisting your words, but me wanna make sure.
                      To be honest, I never got into Farscape much, but from the few episodes that I did see, it seemed pretty cool -- much better than babylon 5 and Earth: the final conflict. So, I dunno...I just think the channel sucks overall, they have a lot of potential, but fail to use it and that's why they suck :\

Comment

I don't watch sifi execpt for sifi a few times a week mst3k was graet and i would watch it if it was still on. and as for stargate mondays it is wast to watch becuas egthey play half of season one them half of season 2 and the other half of 1 and start over again. they'v been playing saseon 1-2 for almost a year.
                        -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                        GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                        M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                        ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                        geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
                          I don't watch sifi execpt for sifi a few times a week mst3k was graet and i would watch it if it was still on. and as for stargate mondays it is wast to watch becuas egthey play half of season one them half of season 2 and the other half of 1 and start over again. they'v been playing saseon 1-2 for almost a year.
                          Just to point out... Stargate Monday is going in episode order, and is in the middle of season 4 right now...

Comment

Yeah, you know, it would suck if nobody picked them up. Lucky that Scifi did. That still doesnt make it a good channel. Like I said before, Stargate is keeping the channel alive.

I think you are taking what he says too literally.
                            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

(i'm replying to the first post, but when quoting it, it was really long so... here we are)

hey, don't forget they had the Invisible Man. i loved that show. they ended it too soon, and in the worst possible way. i hated how they ended it....

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Apparently scifi has, because there appears to be no scifi.com page for it, but First Wave's still exists. What was up with the adding busty redheads to casts anyway?

Comment

Working...
                                X