This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
    (i'm replying to the first post, but when quoting it, it was really long so... here we are)

hey, don't forget they had the Invisible Man. i loved that show. they ended it too soon, and in the worst possible way. i hated how they ended it....
    They have a good thing and let it die because of their inability to see that they have a good thing. They simply just dont get it. I never saw Invisible Man, but it would be like Farscape, they let a good thing slip by.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
      Bring back FarScape, B5, SAAB, Firefly... I could go on
      While all those sound good, we'll probably get something crappy like Beauty and the Beast. Ugh!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

At least people are giving sci-fi shows (or some that is) a second chance with big screen movies or a mini-series, ok maybe only 2 that i know of, Firefly(Serenity), and Farscape(The PK Wars), although i may not know whats going on when i watch Farscape miniS, i think i'll still enjoy it
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
          Raptor Island!? What is that ****!? Its a JP rip off!!
          Don't dis on Raptor Island! That was a high quality, engaging movie. Lorenzo Lamas is the man. He should be the 4th member of SG-1 with skills like that. The Goa'uld wouldn't stand a chance. I was cheering for the raptors for what bits and pieces I watched and could actually see between all the hysterical laughing because a blind person could have handled a gun better than all those people combined.

SciFi's quality is few and far between, as far as original programming goes. I loved Taken, and their Dune movies were not too bad. Most of the other junk is just that - junk. Farscape excluded. I don't consider SG-1 and SGA originally theirs. They just saw a good thing and latched on. And how they ever roped Bruce Boxlietner into doing Snakehead Terror, I'll never know. The best part of the movie was Chevron Guy.

Originally posted by NightGloom
          Some of the all day marathons are good if they would play episodes in order and not completely at random. Especially when they show only one part of a two part episode.
          Yeah, I wish the all day marathons were shown in order. If they are not going to show the show in a regular time slot, the least they could do would be to air them in order when they do so I can pick up where they left off the month before or however long they go in between showings. And toss in more of a variety. When was the last time they showed Space: Above and Beyond? I wish they would run that through from start to finish, even if it were in the middle of the night like they are currently doing with Farscape.

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
          hey, don't forget they had the Invisible Man. i loved that show. they ended it too soon, and in the worst possible way. i hated how they ended it....
          I forgot about Invisible Man. I liked that show, too. Forgot how it ended, though.
          (I guess that makes two original serial programs to their credit that were worth the money. Meh on First Wave. Never really watched it from start to finish. Just episodes here and there. It was okay.)

I guess I can't hate on SciFi that much though because they did divvy out the money to keep Stargate going, but it still doesn't quite make up for screwing Farscape out of its last season, and they do air other shows that otherwise would have vanished to that big TV in the sky where old series go to die until they are reborn on DVD.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
            Don't dis on Raptor Island! That was a high quality, engaging movie. Lorenzo Lamas is the man. He should be the 4th member of SG-1 with skills like that. The Goa'uld wouldn't stand a chance. I was cheering for the raptors for what bits and pieces I watched and could actually see between all the hysterical laughing because a blind person could have handled a gun better than all those people combined.

SciFi's quality is few and far between, as far as original programming goes. I loved Taken, and their Dune movies were not too bad. Most of the other junk is just that - junk. Farscape excluded. I don't consider SG-1 and SGA originally theirs. They just saw a good thing and latched on. And how they ever roped Bruce Boxlietner into doing Snakehead Terror, I'll never know. The best part of the movie was Chevron Guy.

Yeah, I wish the all day marathons were shown in order. If they are not going to show the show in a regular time slot, the least they could do would be to air them in order when they do so I can pick up where they left off the month before or however long they go in between showings. And toss in more of a variety. When was the last time they showed Space: Above and Beyond? I wish they would run that through from start to finish, even if it were in the middle of the night like they are currently doing with Farscape.

I forgot about Invisible Man. I liked that show, too. Forgot how it ended, though.
            (I guess that makes two original serial programs to their credit that were worth the money. Meh on First Wave. Never really watched it from start to finish. Just episodes here and there. It was okay.)

I guess I can't hate on SciFi that much though because they did divvy out the money to keep Stargate going, but it still doesn't quite make up for screwing Farscape out of its last season, and they do air other shows that otherwise would have vanished to that big TV in the sky where old series go to die until they are reborn on DVD.
            Dude, I forgot about Space Above and Beyond. That show was great. I wish it was still on or at least in reruns. It's like we'll never know what happened. Remember the Aliens, the Chigs? They were cool. We should start a thread about it.

Comment

The thing with Space on canadian tv is that it will even bring back old shows that didnt have a chance like Harsh realm probaily because it is on the cheap but somtimes the shows can become a bigger hit in reruns then they were as a new release, kind of like Startrek TOS it did badly and struggled but for some reason since startrek was way ahead of its time in things like tolerance and gender equality plus the fact it was cool,sexy,different and gave a positive vision of the future in hard times during the cold war.The 70's were more receptive to startrek and it did better then in the bigoted or messed up 60's it launched in ,Also apollo 11 landed on the moon and people were now excited about the future and space exploration. What I am trying to say is that just because a tv show doesnt get enough viewers right away doesnt mean it isnt good , Some shows came back from cancelation because it was canceld to fast it was starting to pick up steam and they cut it off to soon.

I liked First Wave and the space channel still shows it on the air once or twice a week,My interest in first wave was simular to the X-files. I didnt like Stargate SG1 at first untill it finally came on Space and since I saw it from the begining also the fact I had heard alot about Richard Dean Anderson (Macgyver) so I gave it a second chance then I got so hooked I didnt watch the boring cliche Startrek Enterprise anymore.

Its hard for a channel to be all one thing, You could oversaturate even with multiple shows in the same genre,what Space has done is that its both Fantasy and Sci fi meaning you could have startrek ,Stargate SG1, Buffy and Angel ect... They give room for a bigger audience since not everyone likes Sci fi but if they tossed in the Young and the restless **** of that nature id be angry. Space shows old Sci fi B movies that are even black and white other less known works from the 70's and 80's, They also show some horror but more like Aliens and predator or some fantasy like The Lost boys and Super hero movies ect... Ocasionaly they do show unrelated junk but its pretty minor you could live with it.
              Last edited by Bast; 30 August 2004, 04:46 PM.
              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I have to agree 100% that Scifi is not living up to its potential.

I was an enormous fan of Farscape and I was devastated with they cancelled that series. They absolutley broke my heart. I'll never forgive them for that...

Though they did, as others have mentioned, save SG-1 from an early demise and I am extremely grateful for that.

Bu they show so many stupidstupidstupid shows while they cancel good series and let other good shows rot.

Why aren't they showing Babylon 5? I used to love watching the reruns on SciFi...then it disappeared.

Perhaps they no longer have the rights, I don't know.

But SciFi could do so many more cool and interesting things if they just had the vision to conceive it.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                  Dude, I forgot about Space Above and Beyond. That show was great. I wish it was still on or at least in reruns. It's like we'll never know what happened. Remember the Aliens, the Chigs? They were cool. We should start a thread about it.
                  I confess that I don’t think I watched it when it first aired on FOX. Maybe I saw an episode or two. I can’t remember, but I happened to catch it on SciFi during one of those all day marathons and really got into it. The thing is they would never show all episodes in order and seemed to skip around or I thought they did, but since the show only lasted one season maybe I missed a marathon day or something. Anyway my point is I would really like to see the show in the correct order again to refresh my memory. So to stay on topic, I hate SciFi because apparently they no longer have this show or at least according to the current shows they have listed (I just went and looked), it is gone from their programming. Probably never to be seen again. What a shame. Yeah, I remember the Chigs being the enemy and sort of have a memory of what they looked and acted like. I like the thread idea and read it, but I probably can't contribute too much because like I said I have limited memory of the show. The thing that sticks out most is Col. McQueen and the actor who played him. I’ve seen him in other stuff and associate him with S:AaB. Guess I should continue this over on the new thread.

Originally posted by Bast
                  The thing with Space on canadian tv is that it will even bring back old shows that didnt have a chance like Harsh realm
                  That’s another one I wish SciFi in the U.S. would pick up and show. I did watch what little they did show on FOX before they axed it. I think I saw a commercial recently that they where releasing it on DVD with the unaired episodes. That doesn't do me any good because I'm probably one of the last people on Earth who doesn't own a DVD player and the PS2 doesn't count because it's my brother's and he didn't pay extra for the remote. I watched it because it was created by Chris Carter (loved The X-Files), and I remembered Scott Bairstow in the short lived tv spin-off “Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years” and other things he had done.

While I’m on a theme of shows SciFi ought to show. I wish they or somebody like cartoon network would pick up and show the 1999 animated series "Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles". I happened upon this one morning on the WB channel and really liked it. Thing is I only got to see 4 or 5 episodes and it was gone. I know it was an animated series, but it wasn’t cartoon like and seemed geared to older viewers.

Originally posted by SexyLadyBoy
                  Why aren't they showing Babylon 5? I used to love watching the reruns on SciFi...then it disappeared.

Perhaps they no longer have the rights, I don't know.
                  I think they have eliminated it or at least for the time being from their programming. I don’t see it on their listing of shows. I loved this show, too. Hadn’t watched it in a while because I had watched the series through from start to finish about five or six times after I finally discovered how good it was during like season 3 or 4. Don’t remember which. Plus, SciFi had it on in the morning, and I either had to go to work or didn’t feel like getting up to watch. Back when TNT got it, they would show the repeats in the afternoons so I got caught up on all the back story to the mythology in the show and watched it through several times.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Harsh Realm had some pretty amazing episodes and ideas that even other Sci fi shows never thought of, For that it had some originality ,Harsh Realm you could argue was a rip off of the Matrix or did the Matrix rip it?But still not quite the same as the matrix besides the idea of a artificial world that seemed almost real.

If a good show like Angel could be axed before its time anything is possible , Its scary if you realize some of these studios are run by boneheads who are stuck into their pappers and statistics who never actually watch the shows their canceling.

As for enzyte comercials they are annoying as hell , They want it to be annoying thats how they get attention.I agree the networks are being dumb advertising products for middle aged men on a channel that is primarily made up by youths who probaily dont have sexual disfunction like their dads more then likely its the opposite its up too high. I bet the channel doesnt give a **** whats being advertised as long as the Bling Bling roles in.

Whats more sickening Enzyte advertised on childrens networks! Ive seen it atleast once. Some day you will be abled to have television that will allow you to block certain advertisements when they appear, You will see a black screen with a timer on it telling you when that unwanted ad will be finnished , You could have the option of adding fancy graphics and FX on the screen with selected music as you wait.
                    Last edited by Bast; 31 August 2004, 01:09 AM.
                    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

All the complaints listed in this thread are exactly the reason I can't wait for the new Quantum Leap movie/series to start filming next year. At least we'll have another new and original idea other than Stargate that has a very good chance of lasting a long while on Sci-Fi.

Joy

Comment

I made my decision, the only reason why i would watch Sci-fi was because of SG, and maybe some movies they air, not all, because most are just... yah, not interesting to me... I do hope though Sci-fi gets better, but not going opinion-wise, Scifi is doing quite well with 2 shows boosting scifi
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I thought I would revive this thread because of the unending throng of cr@ppy movies spewed out by the sci-fi channel and the showing of unrelated-to-science-fiction features like the Flintsones they like to show. How can anyone that produces shows like Stargate and Atlantis expect anyone to enjoy this? However I did like Riverworld.

Comment

Originally posted by vinzchlortho
                            I thought I would revive this thread because of the unending throng of cr@ppy movies spewed out by the sci-fi channel and the showing of unrelated-to-science-fiction features like the Flintsones they like to show. How can anyone that produces shows like Stargate and Atlantis expect anyone to enjoy this? However I did like Riverworld.
                            This one coming Saturday @ 9pm with Bruce Campbell looks like it may have some entertainment value...damn! Can't recall the name....

*shoots self in head with finger*

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The new quantum leap is a hoax according to Bakula in a interview at startrek.com
                              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                                The new quantum leap is a hoax according to Bakula in a interview at startrek.com

That sucks. I was really looking forward to a good conclusion to Quantum Leap, rather than the super lame ending they gave us

Anyways, I agree with everything you said Lord Anubis, except about the New BSG. I think this series has some massive potential. I was never a fan of the original, don't know if that would have an effect on me. But I think it's an excellent show that deserves at least a few seasons.
                                "If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -

Comment

Working...
                                X