No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't really add much, but I was able to get the program to filter out all of the other noise (the nice thing about CW is that it's only one constant tone so you can pretty much filter out all other frequencies) and I can indeed confirm that starting from the very faint beginning the message is
    Spoiler:
    ...ode delta code delta 2 minute warning u...
    which I guess is "Code Delta Code Delta 2 minute warning u..."

Unfortunately the scene cuts to the farm/ranch right after the 'u' so there's not way of getting any more from it. What's sort of odd is that in HAM and Military radio, icluding Morse, each letter has a pronuciation from the international phonetic alphabet. So the letter 'D' is by itselft Delta. Since Morse is a slow way to communicate, short cuts are always taken (i.e. when you are looking for someone to talk to you send the letter CQ which supposedly is short for "[I] Seek You"). Usually one would not go through the effort of transmitting more than one has to, so instead of spelling out Delta, you could just send D and everyone around the globe would hear that as delta from Morse code. Maybe in this case the code had to be specific so there was no ambiguity.

Comment

Let's see...the cities were, Denver, Atlanta, Philadelphia, San Diego, a couple others I can't remember and he still reached for about three more push pins. That's about eight or nine cities minimum. I just can't see that being terrorist related and I can't think of a country with that kind of resources and reach (I don't think Russia has that ability just now). If it were two or three decades ago, it might make more sense. I don't supppose they'll address it any time soon....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
        Let's see...the cities were, Denver, Atlanta, Philadelphia, San Diego, a couple others I can't remember and he still reached for about three more push pins. That's about eight or nine cities minimum. I just can't see that being terrorist related and I can't think of a country with that kind of resources and reach (I don't think Russia has that ability just now). If it were two or three decades ago, it might make more sense. I don't supppose they'll address it any time soon....
        Of course if you eliminate terrorism we're left with conspiracy of massive proportions which of course makes it likely that this didn't happen in the US alone.

How many nuclear weapons would you have to set off to make the planet uninhabitable or near uninhabitable?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

(I don't think Russia has that ability just now)
          they have ability, just like China, UK and France.
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Dang, I was ready to cheer if he had stuck a pin in Los Angeles.
            LOL! Me too. And then I was sad to see that it was San Diego instead.

Ok was it just me or did blowing up the mine entrance seem just a little overboard? Surely they could have gotten far enough up in the mine to avoid getting wet by the supposedly radioactive rain.

I don’t know. It seems to me that this supposed town of 5,000 (which in my opinion is not what I would consider all that small. Compared to St. Louis, yes, but not what I think of when you say “small” town.) is this unprepared for events like this after 9/11. Their police and fire department are acting like chickens with their heads cut off. After 9/11, the government gave out money to practically anybody and everybody who wanted to buy equipment, etc. to prepare for disasters. I saw that they had Geiger counters, but did they just totally shirk any kind of emergency planning and training? (i.e. the emergency shelter in the hospital being totally unfit for habitation, not thinking of the mine as a possible back up shelter until the last minute.)

I seriously doubt this will have anything to do with Islamic terrorist. The bad guys (if this is real) will end up being a bunch of white guys (if they ever reveal what really happened).

Originally posted by CalmStorm
            Wonder what the story is with Hawkins. Did he have intel that made him believe, or suspect, that this was coming? Did he know Jericho would be the safest place?
            Yeah, I think he knows more than he’s telling.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by silence
              they have ability, just like China, UK and France.
              Oh, I think they have nukes, but I don't know that they have a coherent plan far enough advanced to commit the widespread attack that apparently happened.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Oh, I think they have nukes, but I don't know that they have a coherent plan far enough advanced to commit the widespread attack that apparently happened.
                After last night, I'm not convinced it was an attact. I don't know why. I think we were nuked for some reason, just not sure it was by attack. Or if it was confined to the US.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

well, i am glad that show doesn't go into details, it would spoil it with politics...
                  they should concentrate on characters and their interaction in Jericho, leaving any politics out... i guess they will at some point have to explain nukes, but depending on how will show develop it might not happen so soon (hint : Lost)
                  VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

It's too organized for a terrorist attack. One or two cities, maybe, but not nine or ten. But how else would it happen? They couldn't have been remotely launched a la Wargames because someone would have seen something. Our defence grid may not be perfect, but we aren't so blind that even one or two cities could be wiped out without anyone noticing.

They could have been installed much earlier and then set off with a code from an orbiting satellite or something, but I have a feeling there'd be similar issues of likelihood there as well.

Folks on TWOP think that someone has finally had it with the NFL and is targeting all the major team cities.

I, too, would like to know if this is limited to the US.

Comment

How do people feel about spoilers? I did read something....

Comment

How do people feel about spoilers? I did read something....
                        Either spoiler it or PM me. I'd like to know.
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I say bring on the spoilers. I want to know too.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Entertainment Weekly already has it on the death watch list.
                            I'd hope to see it run the 13 weeks, just to give it a chance. Perhaps in the after life (AKA Sci-Fi) we'll see it return.
                            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I say let it go the 13 weeks. Ratings have been good, despite the doomsayers. I think getting rid of that godawful Beyond Jericho webisode was a definite step in the right direction in terms of survival because, wow, was it BAD.

Comment

From spoilerfix.com:

Spoiler:
                                Episode 1.03 - Four Horsemen (Airing October 4): Jake organizes a group to gather more information about the explosions after a satellite television in the local bar broadcasts a signal from an Asian news program shows the extent of the nuclear attacks. In addition to the television broadcast, Stanley, who is hospitalized for radiation poisoning, claims to have seen tanks headed toward Denver.

There's quite a bit more over there for this ep and for other upcoming eps--sometimes too much info.

Comment

Working...
                                X