No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Netflix, the first season episodes are numbered as 1-11, 13-23. There were only 22 episodes. Jericho went on hiatus after 11 episodes. It returned with an hour-long "Previously, on Jericho" special. For some reason, Netflix has decided this was "Episode 12." Anywho, the episode order looks correct. I just didn't want you to think an episode was missing. Take your time, there's only 29 episodes, but fret not, it does have an ending.

Comment

Cool,im defo gonna get into it.I know some like minded people on other forums who have mentioned it too and the girl im thinking about loves stargate so shes got good tv taste,lol. Yeah its on my netflix as 2 seasons and i believe,from what iv been told.It was cancelled and then given another shot only to be cancelled again. Cool,im actually looking forward to watching it cos that type of storyline is right up my street.Cheers
      O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

The first cancellation came after a full 22-episode season, ending on a cliffhanger.

The second cancellation came after a short 7-episode season, this time ending with resolution.

Comment

Cool,i'll be sure to post my own wee review about the series once watched,cheers for the input man!
          O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Somewhat of a resolution.. Left a whole lot unrevealed..
            Spoiler:
            Like why did that guy plot (baldy) to steal the show so to speak. Did texas decide to go against the new guys and side with the eastern bloc. Is Hawkins dead (or going to get freed by that alternate ending)..??

Comment

I guess they wanted to show possible opposition to the Allied States.

Check out the comics for the continuation.

Comment

Baldy wanted to take over, plain and simple. Yes, Texas sided with the eastern USA. Hawkins lives. Had the show been renewed, an alternate ending would have been used where he was captured by the enemy. The episode would have ended with Jake Green leaving Texas on the same plane he came in on. His new mission, find and rescue Hawkins. If the writers intended for him to live in the alternate ending, it's safe to say they also intended him to live in the actual ending.

Anything else I might be able to clear up?

Comment

Which of jakes 2 love interests did he finally go with?

Comment

Presumably, Emily. Heather was crushing on Jake, but she realized that he still had feelings for Emily. The Jake/Emily relationship was never explored in much depth as the show revolved around survival more than anything else. That said, it's safe to say that if Jake returns to Jericho, they'd be a couple.

Comment

I just watched through this on netflix again for the 6th time. (Too lazy to pull out my dvd's) It just amazes me that this series got cancelled. I say that every time I watch through. I cannot help but wonder if it had come out now, if it would do better. Especially with seems to be the big love for lots of apocalyptic shows, books, and movies running rampant now. I'm glad for the comics but I really wish this show could have gone on through. I will probably say the same thing the next time I get the urge to watch Jericho.

Comment

I would love to see one of the big networks restart this up, with the success revolution is having.

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                          I just watched through this on netflix again for the 6th time. (Too lazy to pull out my dvd's) It just amazes me that this series got cancelled. I say that every time I watch through. I cannot help but wonder if it had come out now, if it would do better. Especially with seems to be the big love for lots of apocalyptic shows, books, and movies running rampant now.
                          So much better than Revolution. So sad that it aired five (to seven) years too soon. How many post-apocalyptic/disaster series are presently running? Revolution, Defiance, Falling Skies, The 100, The Walking Dead. Are there others? Under the Dome, perhaps. Jericho is better than most of them.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. It's a crying shame that it only lasted two seasons.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X