No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe like all the other crashed drivers Mr. School Bus was distracted by the mushroom cloud. Mushroom cloud + crazed deer = crashed bus.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Maybe like all the other crashed drivers Mr. School Bus was distracted by the mushroom cloud. Mushroom cloud + crazed deer = crashed bus.
      Bah!

Perhaps. The explosion happened and they appeared to be driving around okay, and the kids who found Skeet, said that the deer was going crazy and that's why the bus crashed, so that's what I was going on.

But I'm sure you are probably more than likely right.
      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Nah, I'm mostly just kidding. But it seems like every other car accident in town has been because of the cloud and other than Mr. Miracle Hero, they were all fatal.

Although I suppose prison bus guy might have been killed by the inmates rather than the cloud. The guard was, but I dunno about the driver.

Comment

Again, it's the time frame I have issue with. People freaking out after a couple of days of sitting around with no contact from the outside world and I can see the situation starting to fray, but I can't see a town's population descending into mass hysteria on the same day as the accident/attack/whatever. No one knows ANYTHING yet. Nothing concrete. I know when people gather it tends to degenerate towards a mob mentality, but I still found it a little over the top for the first day. They need time for it to sink in, to come to grips with the fact that something awful might really have happened and that it isn't a mistake or a misunderstanding... and that help isn't coming.
          well, from what i have seen, it is very possible. only way to get any kind of order is to put some sort of armed men on the streets... police, military, militia. otherwise, if there is power-vacuum, you get mobs... and panic.
          self-preservation is written in our genes and as soon as we don't have any kind of higher authority to give us sense of security, we will start looking for ourselves - some will go berserk, others might try to organize some sort of authority to oversee people... it all depends on community.

larger the community, more will go into panic mode... and when they do, it spreads like fire...

Katrina was natural disaster and people knew it was coming and they also knew there was govermant (somewhere)... so it took them more to start panicking.

Now imagine Jericho ... you see mushroom cloud over big city, all comms are down, what do you do? In smaller towns (like Jerico) there is chance to control mobs, by isolating those that might add fuel to the fire, but in large cities there is no way it would work, breakdown would be much faster and much harder to contain (LA riots over Rodney King?)... large cities have way too diverse population to use approach like in Jerico where mayor knows everyone and can talk them out of stupid moves.

As much as we like to think othwerwise, we are still animals deep down....
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Finally watched Jericho. I'm curious enough to keep watching and so far it looks promising. I hope it lives up to my expectations

Comment

Looking back, it seems as if the premiere of Jericho came in second in its time slot last week and ratings were up something like 65% over what CBS aired last year in this slot. Hope it can hold steady with the numbers. Premieres tend to be higher rated than follow-up eps, but I still have hope for the show.

I just hope TPTB know what they're doing.

Comment

So... Who knows morse code?

And ASL, for that matter. Knew I shoulda learned that.

Comment

And ASL, for that matter. Knew I shoulda learned that.

I know some signed English--but it's been a while....

Wow! I wonder how many push pins that guy wound up using?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

I wanted to see one in Boston, dammit. Just confirm that I'm radioactive slag.

Or at least boiled like a lobster.

Or slowly liquefying from radiation sickness.

Comment

I wanted to see one in Boston, dammit. Just confirm that I'm radioactive slag.

Or at least boiled like a lobster.

Or slowly liquefying from radiation sickness.

LOL.... I was waiting to see one being pushed into Houston.

Well, so far I still plan on staying tuned in.

Wonder what the story is with Hawkins. Did he have intel that made him believe, or suspect, that this was coming? Did he know Jericho would be the safest place?

At least we know there is someone else out there.... and apparently that someone knows a good number of cities that were taken out. I would have loved to have seen a world map and wonder if we we would have seen the push pins going elsewhere.

I hope they don't go the love triangle route with Jake and the two women.
                      ...or with Mr. Deputy Mayor and barkeep and wife.

Comment

Either Hawkins was military or he's militia, perhaps.

Comment

This show really has me biting my nails. Maybe because the mushroom cloud reminded me of recurring nightmares I had in the eighties. I worked with nukes in the early eighties, which probably helped trigger the bad dreams.

Comment

Sort of. Ok I cheated because my Morse is bad and I only have my Tech HAM license, but according to the CW (aka morse) program I have that can translate some morse from me, this is all I got from the show:

Spoiler:
                            (...ode delta code) delta 2 minute warning u...{end of scene}

So really not that juicy, and the beginning was fuzzy (the part in ( ) ) so I had to decode it by hand, which is why I think it doesn't make any sense. I'm hoping someone else will chip in and shed some more light on the message.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I mixed up the two most famous letters in Morse, S and O, so instead of 'csde' it was 'code.' Still doesn't reveal much, but for those who care, that's what I got.
                            Last edited by VirtualCLD; 27 September 2006, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                              Sort of. Ok I cheated because my Morse is bad and I only have my Tech HAM license, but according to the CW (aka morse) program I have that can translate some morse from me, this is all I got from the show:

Spoiler:
                              (...ode delta code) delta 2 minute warning u...{end of scene}
                              I thought he got the city names from the Morse code. Seemed like he wrote a lot down. Dang, I was ready to cheer if he had stuck a pin in Los Angeles.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It could be a cyclical thing (like the Frenchwoman's message in Lost). He spent a lot more time at the radio than we heard, the list of cities could have been in between.

Try googling: emergency "code delta" and check out the results. A couple of interesting picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X