No announcement yet.

Jericho Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't bad at all. I thought the end of the episode was a touch over the top with the inspiring don't let me down speech but I'll definitely watch the next episode to see where they take it. I could have done without the loud Survivor ads but thats just because i hate that crap.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

So... from those who've seen the pilot, I'm curious: do you think something actually happened? Was there an attack? Or an accident? Or is this all part of a government experiment testing "middle America's" reaction to fear and paranoia?

Comment

I'm just wondering if Jericho is classified scifi... and if so... why?

Doesn't look too bad on first viewing... But I'm getting Lost type vibes from it, which could be good or bad...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I think it was an attack. It's pretty hard to accidentally blow up two large US cities with a nuclear weapon. What I'm afraid of is that they're going to make this some warped convoluted conspiracy as if there was some grand plan to wipe out every city and town. I'm prepared to deal with a certain amount of mystery and secrecy but nothing too warped.
          Last edited by MarshAngel; 22 September 2006, 04:13 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily

Doesn't look too bad on first viewing... But I'm getting Lost type vibes from it, which could be good or bad...
            I think it's classified as scifi in the broadest sense. ie. it's dealing with something that looks like it could happen but the moment it does it becomes alternate history.... which in some circles is scifi-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
              Television Without Pity moved it from scifi to drama, which I think was the right move.

As for why it's in the scifi folder here, well... a better question is how in the nine hells is PRISON BREAK even REMOTELY scifi? This seems to be more of a catch-all folder and as long as something blatantly off topic like Prison Break can be here, I don't see why Jericho can't. It may have more of a drama spin to it, but post-apocalyptic movies are a mainstay of the genre.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                So... from those who've seen the pilot, I'm curious: do you think something actually happened? Was there an attack? Or an accident? Or is this all part of a government experiment testing "middle America's" reaction to fear and paranoia?
                The Atlanta phone call from mom confirms to me that something really happened. And a pretty darn useless, destructive experiment it would be, IMO.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Television Without Pity moved it from scifi to drama, which I think was the right move.

As for why it's in the scifi folder here, well... a better question is how in the nine hells is PRISON BREAK even REMOTELY scifi? This seems to be more of a catch-all folder and as long as something blatantly off topic like Prison Break can be here, I don't see why Jericho can't.
                  I asked that question once about Prison Break but apparently it was an inappropriate question and it was deleted. Apparently asking about the nature of the show is off topic.

Comment

Yeah, well, look who started the thread.

I asked about Prison Break- and 24- in the Ask a Mod thread and suggested that if they were allowed to stay then the folder needed to be renamed.

I also pointed out that it was unfair for SOME OT threads to be in on topic folders when others weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                      The pilot aired tonight. Potential. Some good cast members. But, like all pilots, it's a "let's wait and see" next week what they do with this.
                      Here's an interesting take on the show (scroll down for her views):

http://www.tvpicks.net/shows/jericho/

Excerpt:
                      I fear that the first episode may seem slow-moving to folks who already know what is going to happen, but you can rest assured that the pace picks up in the second episode (which is even better than the first episode– always a good sign).
                      ...and:

My only complaint about the pilot is that it’s a little too corny in places (there’s an inspirational speech by the mayor, for instance), but the second episode has none of that cornball stuff. My advice is to check out the first episode and if you aren’t completely sold on the series based on that, give the second episode a try before you give up on this show.
                      The whole review is pretty good and has some interesting information.

Anyway, I think I'm hooked (but then, I'm fairly easy to please).

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

well i thought it was an ok first ep.

not exactly slow moving, but sometimes when i checked the time i was surprised how much time hadn't passed yet.

i'll be watching it for a few more weeks, which is generally the kiss of death for a show. if i'm interested right from the get go, it gets the axe.
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                          well i thought it was an ok first ep.

not exactly slow moving, but sometimes when i checked the time i was surprised how much time hadn't passed yet.

i'll be watching it for a few more weeks, which is generally the kiss of death for a show. if i'm interested right from the get go, it gets the axe.
                          I've noticed that phenomenon myself. For a while I felt I was singlehandedly responsible for the death of Profit, Kindred: The Embraced and more recently Surface and Invasion. I should skip a few episodes.. after all that's probably why Buffy survived and Blade was renewed.

Of course now that you admit to guilt... I'll just blame it all on you

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                            I've noticed that phenomenon myself. For a while I felt I was singlehandedly responsible for the death of Profit, Kindred: The Embraced and more recently Surface and Invasion. I should skip a few episodes.. after all that's probably why Buffy survived and Blade was renewed.

blame away...i've got big shoulders...i can take it...i've been beating myself up over it for years anyway.
                            Thanks!
                            Jordan

my page
                            My LJ
                            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel

Oh man! I thought I was the only one who watched Kindred: The Embraced! I saw every ep except I missed the last 20 minutes of the one with the Jeff Kober character and the baby. You wouldn't by any chance remember how that ended, would you?

Ahem. Back on topic--does anyone know where Jericho is filmed?

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Pilot was so so. I’ll be giving the show a chance since it’s on Wednesdays and there is absolutely nothing else to watch.

I don’t think it’s some psychological experiment. That’s too close to LOST. So I’m guessing this is some sort of post-apocalyptic type story. So my guess is the bombs were real.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X