Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard it a few days ago, no shock at all.

It's showtime for you, they just want sex shows.

Farscape had the TV movie. Odyssey 5 had the best "season" finale in TV history, and they will never conclude that.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

gogogo reality shows!

Comment

Odessey 5 and Dead Like Me were both great fun...I do hate it when shows get cancelled before dying a "natural" death. At least they concluded Buffy with a reasonable tie-up of loose ends.
        sigpic

Comment

**** sake! This really pisses me off, constantly getting rid of the good shows that bring are some of the higest rated, why do they cancel them? Its obviously not because of raitings because Tru Calling was on for a second season but before its even aired they canceld it , and why is it they cancel them when i become a fan? I recently finished watching Season 2 and this happens, i watched the last season of angel they cancel it, same with buffy and tru calling. And now they want to do 2 new law shows, the cell and hate arrrrrrrggggg.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

The ratings for Dead like Me went down and Shotime almost canceled it after the first year but lived because it won some stuff, then the ratings for for season 2 went down and bye-bye the show.

Odyssey 5 was canceled because the Shotime president is against Sci-Fi shows, look how that turned out *cough Stargate cough*, it was their second highest rated show (What's the first QaF?) and took chances that no other show was willing to take.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I want to know more about the Ray graveling! What's up with that?? And George reaped a graveling?

Meanies cancell the good shows...

On the one article from CNN about Dead Like Me being cancelled it said that season 1 got really good ratings and season 2 was a little down from that. Well... Jeez.

The only thing that I watch now that is by Showtime is Queer as Folk and that has honestly gone a little down hill. Dead Like Me was going up.

I don't think we need more cop shows or terrorist dramas. I have nothing against cop shows - I love the Law and Orders and NYPD Blue - but they don't need anymore. They cancelled the one I loved the most. Boomtown. I'm still very upset at that. I LOVED that show so much, but nooo.

Boomtown and The Agency were two great shows that I also loved that just... disappeared. They ended the one season they were on, and they were never seen again.

Why can't they cancell Fear Factor or... Survivor or something else besides the good shows.

FOX didn't even give Wonderfalls a chance. Four episodes and then they cancell it... I'm almost ready to boycott TV... Almost... Not entirely yet. I think probably after they end Lost and Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 and Queer as Folk and... that's actually it now...

I should go sulk and watch Tru Calling and Dead Like Me DVDs...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Maybe SCIFI will buy DLM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Maybe SCIFI will buy DLM.
                  Well, that would be kind of cool.

If they did, I just hope that Movie Central will keep on with the show or else I would have to use the 'd' word.

Comment

You don't understand. DLM got good ratings the first season and they still wanted to cancel the show because the guy is anti-sci-fi.

Then when the ratings dropped, it only a little bit (mainly because they love canceling all the shows people watch the chanel for) they president thought it was a great reason to can it. He hated it all along.

All Showtime has now is QaF which went down hill heavily, and Justin will be leaving after this season making it pointless, and they have Bull**** which I can buy the DVDs for cheaper than a month of the channel cost. Ok, maybe not, but it's close.

Bye-bye Showtime, you lost another member.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                      You don't understand. DLM got good ratings the first season and they still wanted to cancel the show because the guy is anti-sci-fi.

Then when the ratings dropped, it only a little bit (mainly because they love canceling all the shows people watch the chanel for) they president thought it was a great reason to can it. He hated it all along.

All Showtime has now is QaF which went down hill heavily, and Justin will be leaving after this season making it pointless, and they have Bull**** which I can buy the DVDs for cheaper than a month of the channel cost. Ok, maybe not, but it's close.

Bye-bye Showtime, you lost another member.
                      I liked DLM, when I got a chance to see it. I didn't get showtime at school (dorm), so I would watch it when I was home. I really liked it. Mandy Patankin did a great job, so did that chick who played George. Really cute. I thought it was doing well.

I never got into QaF. People really watch that show? People really live like that? I guess I'm pretty naive. David85, you like QaF? Dude that surprises me I guess. But it's all good.

Odysey 5 was pretty good. Dunno about the other shows you guys mentioned, except buffy and angel, which were also pretty good. It's really too bad Sci-fi doesn't pick up on these things and acquire the rights to those shows or something, rather than spending more money on crap like Earthsea, Sneakhead Terror, boa vs. python, and other stuff that just pure reeks. Even ghost hunters and proof positive is lame. Scare tactics is okay once in a while, but other than stargate, atlantis, and maybe BSG, they don't have anything that's worth anything on sci-fi; they could pick up where showtime leaves off and pick up some good school shows that aren't about gay guys or whatever.

I'm also getting sick of reality shows and queer eye shows. It was funny at first, back in the day, but now it's old and frankly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                        I never got into QaF. People really watch that show? People really live like that? I guess I'm pretty naive. David85, you like QaF? Dude that surprises me I guess. But it's all good.

Yes I do watch that show, season 4 was crap, but the first two seasons were great. I only watch it for Justin, Randy Harrison, so if there is a season 6 and he leaves, I'm not watching it.

Sadly some people really do live like that, it's over the top, but my "ex" acted just like some of them. The difference is on the show the people became nicer, and more "friendly", my "ex" became a bigger and bigger *******. Not everyone acts like them, I don't, but some do, not as bad through because it's a show. I'm going to get yelled at for saying this, I always do but oh well. There seem to be two types of gays, the type you see on QaF that messes around all the time and don't care, and then there are the type that just want to have a "normal" (whatever that means) relationship.

Comment

I love Queer as Folk. Season 1 and season 2 are great. Season 3 was pretty good, and season 4 was okay. Not the greatest. I have season 1 of QAF on DVD and season 2 of VHS.

The show is just showing those people. It doesn't mean that all gay people are like that. Is everyone like those people on Friends? *shudders at the thought* There are people like them, but not everyone.

God help me if I was like some people on Friends... I saw one episode, was bored, only laughed once. Don't like that show...

Comment

Personally, I don't quite understand how premium cable networks like Showtime and HBO decide which shows to keep on and cancel. I understand Nielsen keeps track of the ratings for them, but how does that honestly make a different?

Here's what I understand:
                            With broadcast/network TV and basic cable, you've got commercials. Networks get most of their money when companies like McDonalds and Coca Cola pay them to air their commercials 9,000 times a day. If there's a hit show on TV, companies pay even more money to have their commercials shown during that show. Then the money made from the commercials go into paying to make their shows. I get that. It's why Saturday Night Live's musical guest "is brought to you by" somebody. The more people who watch the show, the more someone's willing to pay to advertise during the show.

What I don't understand:
                            Showtime gets all of their money by people who pay to watch the network itself. They couldn't possibly make any less money if less people watch Dead Like Me. I can understand if they cancelled the show because people were un-subscribing to them, and Dead Like Me was the reason, but who honestly unsubscribes to a movie network because they saw a show that didn't interest them? No one's gonna unsubscribe to Showtime simply because they don't like an episode of Dead Like Me. They'd just change the channel, but keep their subscription to watch the movies (and maybe QaF). The only thing Dead Like Me could possibly do is drawn in more viewers. Cancelling this show would only drive away what few people who were watching the network just to watch this show.

Heck, I was willing to get Showtime just to watch it. Now that I have Showtime, it's cancelled. Way to lose a subscriber. I'm buying the DVDs.
                            It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Well, I'm guessing that they just wanted to put on a new terrorist drama (The Cell) or a new cop show (Hate). So they gotta push something out of the way and Dead Like Me happened to be the paper pulled out of the hat.

Comment

Showtime has been strange...

Huff was approved for a second season before even starting production on the first, IT BLOWS!!!
                                Dead Like Me was decent, had good dark humor, yet they cancel it.

Although Huff has Teryl Rothery, she alone can't possibly make me like a series with so much bad acting... Oh well, that's life.

Besides, I don't care for Showtime, they don't allow foreigners on their main website (I know the backdoor URL, but the fact that they block the rest of the world shows how isolationistic Showtime is)
                                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                                X