Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by False hope
    I'm 99% sure that Dumbledore will be back but as a painting (there was a mention of it near the end of book 6).
    Ah, I've got that angle covered. Dumbledore did die, so do pheonix's.
    HE was dead, so the magic that creates teh portraits put his on the office wall.
    When he comes back, he will have literally risen from the dead.
    Well, that's my theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      heheheeee new HP thread! I think we should post in the first one though! book 7 theories are welcomed there
      I know book 7 theories are welcome there.
      But that's an appreciation thread and has all sorts of posting about the movies and characters in it and JK Rowlings life and such.
      While general discussion of HP is allowed here, this thread is primarily JUST for book 7 theories.

Comment

Okay, we know that there will be a final confrontation, but how, where, and with whom (Order of the Pheonix vs. Death Eaters, Hagrid and Grawp vs. evil giants) is the question. I've always had this LotR idea. Sometimes Hogwarts is under siege. Three waves of combatants: Harry, Hermione, and Ron vs. Voldemort, Lucius, and Severus, then Order vs. Eaters, and then the creatures, like house elves, threstrals, Fawkes, giants, dragons (w00t) etc. Godric's Hollow would make a good battlefield, as well as Hangleton cemetery, the Department of Mysteries, and an unknown locale that haunts me. I think it will appear in seven. Oh, maybe it's where the 6th horcrux is!!!
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
          I know book 7 theories are welcome there.
          But that's an appreciation thread and has all sorts of posting about the movies and characters in it and JK Rowlings life and such.
          While general discussion of HP is allowed here, this thread is primarily JUST for book 7 theories.
          still you could have posted it in the Sci Fi forum

Comment

still you could have posted it in the Sci Fi forum
            I put it in off topic because it's off topic.
            Now do you have a theory to share?

Comment

Snape is good and DD is alive and Harry can't kill Voldemort with his wand, so either V changes his own or Snape will give Harry his wand on the last minute...
              yea

Comment

they obviously are not putting in any of the Rita Skeeter moments in movie 5, cuz it would be ridiculous to switch actors after 1 movie
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                  they obviously are not putting in any of the Rita Skeeter moments in movie 5, cuz it would be ridiculous to switch actors after 1 movie
                  Skeeter's role in OOP was pretty minor, so they probably will just cut it.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

yea, prolly...which is fine for me
                    sigpic

Comment

no idea I'm sure all the DVD covers will look the same though!
                      You'd think so, wouldn't you? But you never know...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I just wish they didn't have to cut so much from the movies. I was talking about Peeves with a friend of mine who has only seen the movies, and he didn't even know who the heck I was talking about.
                        sigpic

Comment

Snape is good and DD is alive and Harry can't kill Voldemort with his wand, so either V changes his own or Snape will give Harry his wand on the last minute...
                          yea
                          I didn't consider the wand thing. But I think that it would be Peter to save Harry at the last minute. Hey, can someone dual wield wands? That fight would totally roxorz.
                          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                          Caboose: They could be worse?
                          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                            I'm 99% sure that Dumbledore will be back but as a painting (there was a mention of it near the end of book 6).
                            Oh I hope so!! I'm sure he'll be a part of book 7. He's one of my favs!!! And of course Snape!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                              I didn't consider the wand thing. But I think that it would be Peter to save Harry at the last minute. Hey, can someone dual wield wands? That fight would totally roxorz.
                              Actually, it's not that Harry can't kill voldy with his wand, it's that his and voldy's wands won't fight each other properly.
                              IF voldy was disarmed or something, harry could kill him easily.

Comment

How did I get unsubscribed from this thread?!! Well, I am resubscribing now...does anyone else have a problem with thread subscriptions?
                                gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X