No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see a 'hogwarts' series surviving, for a while anyway.

but all new kids with the occasional cameo - imho not by harry or ron or hermoine but the others.

or if it has to be then let it be the kids, but keep mom and dad out of it.

Hogwarts: the next generation
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      I could see a 'hogwarts' series surviving, for a while anyway.

but all new kids with the occasional cameo - imho not by harry or ron or hermoine but the others.

or if it has to be then let it be the kids, but keep mom and dad out of it.

Hogwarts: the next generation
      I can picture someone like Neville Longbottom being a recurring guest. In an interview, I remember JKR said he worked as an Auror and then later on ended up at Hogwarts as the herbology professor.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Of course...there is this...

if only that wasn't an april fools day joke...

i think it would be cool to have either a book or a tv show about james, serious, ect at hogwarts.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
          if only that wasn't an april fools day joke...

i think it would be cool to have either a book or a tv show about james, serious, ect at hogwarts.
          I know...I wish it wasn't an April Fools joke.
          sigpic

Comment

Has there been any talk of a Harry Potter TV series?
            Doing a TV series is generally viewed as a step down in terms of prestige and money so I'd really be doubtful about that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              Doing a TV series is generally viewed as a step down in terms of prestige and money so I'd really be doubtful about that.
              I don't mean with the same actors/actresses...just something set in the potter-verse
              sigpic

Comment

HBO could probably pull off a Harry Potter series, I wouldn't fancy anyone else's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                  HBO could probably pull off a Harry Potter series, I wouldn't fancy anyone else's chances.
                  I think Showtime could do it as well...
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Showtime could do it as well...
                    Lets say Showtime were willing to do a Potter series, are they the type of network that would let the franchise continue it's British production? HBO is probably spending a small fortune by filming here with Game of Thrones, when they could be doing it in Canada. Starz on the other hand decided to pack up Torchwood and ship it to the US.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      Lets say Showtime were willing to do a Potter series, are they the type of network that would let the franchise continue it's British production? HBO is probably spending a small fortune by filming here with Game of Thrones, when they could be doing it in Canada. Starz on the other hand decided to pack up Torchwood and ship it to the US.
                      Good point, how about an American wizarding school instead of basing it at Hogwarts or in England.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        I couldn't possibly answer that. I have no idea what the execs of Showtime are willing to do. However, it is a good question to ponder.

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                        Good point, how about an American wizarding school instead of basing it at Hogwarts or in England.
                        That would be interesting. It would still be in the Potter-verse!
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah, it could be Hogwarts US, starting a US school of wizardry
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            yeah, it could be Hogwarts US, starting a US school of wizardry

I honestly doubt it, as American students go to Salem Witches Institue and appear to be quite happy with it.
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                              I honestly doubt it, as American students go to Salem Witches Institue and appear to be quite happy with it.
                              Maybe this should be explored to make sure they are happy at the institute!
                              sigpic

Comment

Maybe this should be explored to make sure they are happy at the institute!
                                I take it you'll lead the investigation personally?
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X