No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just two more hours until I get to see it, shame it will be packed at the cinema tho.
    sigpic

Comment

^I have a feeling that all of the cinemas will be packed for a long time to come. I went to the midnight screening in a session that only had one seat left, and my partner went opening night and there were only two seats remaining.

what was everyone's favourite part of the film (the lucky of us who have seen it?):

Spoiler:
      I have a lot of favourite parts but Neville standing up to the horde was great as was him speeching at Voldy.

Luna was awesome too, always saying exactly the same thing and having the guts to yell at THE Harry Potter lol.
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

To describe it in a word....

EPIC

I really enjoyed it. Someone asked about the 3D aspect...it was pretty good really. Didn't seem fake or forced. It seemed to fit really well.

Spoiler:
        I really liked that the movie picked up right where the last one left off...literally. You see Voldemort taking the Elder Wand from the crypt. Then we see Harry sitting by Dobby's grave.

Hermione looked good as herself in Bellatrix's outfit. The scene under Gringotts was well done too. I liked seeing the dragon set free.

Of course it was hard seeing some of our favorites die like Lupin, Tonks, and Snape.

The scenes where Harry was looking at Snape's memories were done extremely well. I don't see how anyone could hate Snape after seeing those scenes and realizing that he was there to help Harry because of his love for Lily.

I also think the scenes when Harry was dead and talking to Dumbledore were done well too.

The battle for Hogwarts was done well. The destruction was epic!

I was concerned about how the characters would look in the "19 years later" scenes, but they did the makeup artists did an excellent job. I don't think they looked like 19 years had passed, but still they did it very well.

My only complaint would be Voldemort's demise. I did feel that was a little anticlimactic. After all of the battling he did with Harry to just turn to a pile of ash....sortta left me blah. Even Bellatrix had a better demise.

My favorite line in the movie is from Molly Weasley, "Not my daughter you *****!" Then she kicks Bellatrix's booty!!!

All in all an excellent film!
        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the entire movie, but my favorite bits:
          Spoiler:
          The battle for Hogwarts, so well done and the chaos was awesome.

Neville facing the horde of people when he sort of suspects that the barrier is down but it hasn't been confirmed yet, the stand off is tense but at the same time absolutely hilarious.

Snape's memories, they really made me feel bad for the guy.

Harry's death and the scene in "King's Cross" talking to Dumbledore, especially the line "Of course it's all in your head Harry, but why should that mean it's not real?"

The battle between Voldemort and Harry, althought the ending was a little underdone the action beforehand was just great.
          sigpic

Comment

Tickets purchased for Saturday a d grandparents lined up to watch the tots
            sigpic

Comment

Absolutely brilliant. The finale is, imo, the best of the lot (and they're all great movies). The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a mesmirising film.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Absolutely outstanding film, enjoyed it loads.

My fave bits:

Spoiler:
                Loved Neville chopping the head off Nagini.

Snape dying was very well done, I preferred it to the way the book did it.

Snape's memories of Lily was brilliantly handled.

The attack on Hogwarts was brutal and gave it that feeling of all out war.

Neville " Yeah you and who's army"

The Voldemort - Draco hug, that was the freakiest and easily the most uncomfortable thing in the film.
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silfrvarg View Post
                    I enjoyed the entire movie, but my favorite bits:
                    Spoiler:
                    The battle for Hogwarts, so well done and the chaos was awesome.

Neville facing the horde of people when he sort of suspects that the barrier is down but it hasn't been confirmed yet, the stand off is tense but at the same time absolutely hilarious.

Snape's memories, they really made me feel bad for the guy.

Harry's death and the scene in "King's Cross" talking to Dumbledore, especially the line "Of course it's all in your head Harry, but why should that mean it's not real?"

The battle between Voldemort and Harry, althought the ending was a little underdone the action beforehand was just great.
                    Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                    Absolutely brilliant. The finale is, imo, the best of the lot (and they're all great movies). The Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a mesmirising film.
                    I agree with you both! I guess I'm a huge Potter geek...because I'm going to see it again TONIGHT! Going with a different group of friends though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      I guess I'm a huge Potter geek...because I'm going to see it again TONIGHT! Going with a different group of friends though.
                      Wow, I haven't reached that so far, I had at least 3 days between, was the third of the original Star Wars movies if I remember it right But I will watch HP a second time and I try a third time!
                      And don't tell all the people around you 'I know what comes next!'
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                        Wow, I haven't reached that so far, I had at least 3 days between, was the third of the original Star Wars movies if I remember it right But I will watch HP a second time and I try a third time!
                        And don't tell all the people around you 'I know what comes next!'
                        I won't! But I tell ya...last night I felt so underdressed. I needed my wizard robes! I mean even adults were dressed as Potter characters!
                        sigpic

Comment

I won't! But I tell ya...last night I felt so underdressed. I needed my wizard robes! I mean even adults were dressed as Potter characters!
                          No wizard robes in my showing but lots of Gryffindor scarves and Harry Potter glasses.
                          sigpic

Comment

I heard on the news this morning that HP: DH pt 2 made over $40million in ticket sales last night!
                            sigpic

Comment

Here where we went to the midnight showing only a few people came dressed up, seems we live in a provincial backwater for these things
                              sigpic

Comment

I heard on the news this morning that HP: DH pt 2 made over $40million in ticket sales last night!
                                Looks like it could do very well.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/166...ctations.jhtml
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X