Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
    I'm going to watch it a second time today, this time the original version, although the cinema for that is 50 kilometers away
    Original version?

I've seen it three times already!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Original version?

I've seen it three times already!
      The English version. Here in Germany all the movies are dubbed, which is ok for me most of the time. But if I like the movie very much I want to watch it in English. Normally the DVDs are both English and German so I'd have to wait for them. But for some movies I don't want to wait, so I have to look for a cinema with the original version, and that's sometimes a bit difficult. And for HP it was absolute worth it, I loved it even more. So a rewatch only in English, and if that's not possible, I wait for the DVD, hopefully before Christmas!
      sigpic

Comment

i am sure it'll be on dvd by christmas
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*adds the remaning HP DVD's to her MUST GET list"
          Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
          Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

The English version. Here in Germany all the movies are dubbed, which is ok for me most of the time. But if I like the movie very much I want to watch it in English. Normally the DVDs are both English and German so I'd have to wait for them. But for some movies I don't want to wait, so I have to look for a cinema with the original version, and that's sometimes a bit difficult. And for HP it was absolute worth it, I loved it even more. So a rewatch only in English, and if that's not possible, I wait for the DVD, hopefully before Christmas!
            Ahhh...oklie doklie. I didn't know if they dubbed the movies in other countries or if they added subtitles.
            sigpic

Comment

I feel so empty since Harry Potter is over. Its like my childhood died.

Comment

The books were better anyways, Replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyRaptor View Post
                  The books were better anyways, Replicator.
                  Never said they weren't. But with the movies being over its sad to have no more new Potter to look forward too. Rereading the books right now BTW. On PoA right now.

Comment

Well there's always Potter Puppet Pals

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Never said they weren't. But with the movies being over its sad to have no more new Potter to look forward too. Rereading the books right now BTW. On PoA right now.
                      Don't forget about Pottermore!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NerdyRaptor View Post
                        Well there's always Potter Puppet Pals
                        lol, i used to to listen to those.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bit of good Box Office news for the final film

With his last movie gasp, Harry Potter has finally joined the billion dollar club after a strikingly successful weekend at US cinemas.

Figures show that Deathly Hallows: Part 2, the eighth and final instalment of the boy wizard franchise, has surpassed $1bn (£615m) in global box office returns. The previous best of the series was $974.8m set by the first movie 10 years ago, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
                          http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/...office-success

I have to admit, the first films taking are definitely better as it didn't rely on 3D ticket prices but it's good to see the series break a billion.

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad to see that HP has broken the $1b mark!
                            sigpic

Comment

Have you read this?
                              http://www.empireonline.com/features...rs/default.asp
                              sigpic

Comment

\\

Meh...I don't agree with some of the ratings...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X