Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im just going to spell it out for the sake of argument because if they missed it in the episode odds are the poster isn't going to understand your subtle hints..

Spoiler:
    Shes the doctors wife/lover from the future... its pretty obvious
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      Im just going to spell it out for the sake of argument because if they missed it in the episode odds are the poster isn't going to understand your subtle hints..

Spoiler:
      Shes the doctors wife/lover from the future... its pretty obvious
      The wife bit is more a guest from the fans than fact. All we know she is from the future, hopefully in more ways than one, by which I mean future earth an future doctor assistance.
      Personally I just hope she actually stays as smart as she seems in the episode.

Comment

I thought I'd dust off the cobwebs from this thread & share some of the speculation I've read in the last couple of days about River's identity.

So far I've seen...

River is Amy Pond
        River is Romana
        River is the Rani
        River is the Doctor
        River is Jenny
        River is the Master
        River is that mad old bat with the white hair and markings on her arms from The End of Time
        River is a Time Agent
        River is Jack Harkness

I think the only one I haven't come across is the possibility that River is K9

Comment

For a while I've had the idea that Jenny is River. I don't believe that a relationship for the Doctor would ever happen, not after suffering all the loss that he has suffered. Eventually everyone dies but he continues. River could be the final regeneration of Jenny. I think there is definitely something big going on because we get to see when the Doctor meets River, the first meeting 10th had with her, the first 11 had with her, but not when River meets him.

sigpic

Comment

None of those. I think she's a future companion of the Doctor, but since time itself suffers constant change in Doctor Who we may never know for sure River's initial origins, and I hope we don't. I love the mystery of not knowing.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
              None of those. I think she's a future companion of the Doctor, but since time itself suffers constant change in Doctor Who we may never know for sure River's initial origins, and I hope we don't. I love the mystery of not knowing.
              I don't like the idea of not knowing. I love the character, but I don't want to see her little blue book every time she shows up with "have we did this yet, have we did that yet, or maybe we did this" when we know they haven't done jack together, other than 'Weeping Angels' because he can't tell her about 'Forest of the Dead'. That is what I don't like. If they are going to meet up, then let them meet up, don't turn it into a game of 20 questions and avoiding the past.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                indeed

spoilers
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Which brings us back to her being a Time Agent
                  Good idea but she just isn't the kind of person, I think that she'll be something really unexpected, I don't know who but something no one will expect...

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I don't like the idea of not knowing. I love the character, but I don't want to see her little blue book every time she shows up with "have we did this yet, have we did that yet, or maybe we did this" when we know they haven't done jack together, other than 'Weeping Angels' because he can't tell her about 'Forest of the Dead'. That is what I don't like. If they are going to meet up, then let them meet up, don't turn it into a game of 20 questions and avoiding the past.
                    I want to know as much as everyone else but I want it to be big and...well...that may take some time > but Oh well! but the blue tardis diary DOES get realy annoying after a while...

Comment

At first I thought she was Jenny regenarated but when she mentions 'I don't want to go back to jail' I thought, maybe not, I still think that it's super confusing! but here are a few that I think she could be:

Jenny, maybe
                      The other doctor as a girl
                      Rose and whoever she fancys kid
                      The Master as a girl

A few are stupid but some have a possibility, but well, who knows! I think they want to keep us geussing for at least to the end of the series!

Comment

After Flesh and Stone, we know that..

Spoiler:
                        The Doctor apparently doesn't know "who or what she is" but eventually learns she is a murderer and a prisoner who's been giving temporarily release. It sounds like this had been done on several times before, and hoped this current mission would secure her pardon.

According to River, she killed the best man she's ever known. Personally, I think she may have killed one of the Doctor incarnations. My money would be on killing Eleventh for his transformation into Twelfth. She won't be responsible for the final killing of the Doctor, as the Doctor was still alive when she dies, as he had previously given her his Sonic Screwdriver so Tenth could save her.

sigpic

Comment

What do ye mean who is she... we know who she is.. Shes the Doctors wife from the future...

Its pretty obvious... Shes clearly human, she knows gallifreyan, how to fly the TARDIS, the doctors name, the end of the universe could be a reference to the pandoricle opening.. Shes an archaeologist that one day the doctor will fall in love with, get married, spend an extended period time of travelling together, and then one day she'll call him to the library but call an earlier version by accident and she'll die.

For all we know the doctor meets her first when shes very young and we'll see her at different ages over the next few seasons, similar to the time travellers wife only with more timelords. And thats how she knows so much about him cos shes been meeting him for her whole life and he's taught her everything

This isn't even spoilers we've known most of this for like 2 years? I know there was alot of oh who is she what is she about her for the past 2 episodes but shes River Song, shes not a timelord as only 2 escaped the timewar, shes not jenny as then her name would be jenny, or anyone else cos then her name would also change... shes clearly not a villian cos the doctor has no problem teaching and telling her everything that she knows, and from what Ive gathered they've a pretty filthy sex life too... plenty of handcuffs

Comment

If only it was that simple! Doctor Who is never simple, people can change their names, or at least pretend to, and she make out that the doctor didn't teach her how to fly the tardis, I don't know who she is, but yes, Plenty of handcuffs, oh, wait, I was going to say more but as spoken by the famous River Song...Spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by No1fanofalot View Post
                              If only it was that simple! Doctor Who is never simple, people can change their names, or at least pretend to, and she make out that the doctor didn't teach her how to fly the tardis, I don't know who she is, but yes, Plenty of handcuffs, oh, wait, I was going to say more but as spoken by the famous River Song...Spoilers!
                              hahaha I love how alex kingston says spoilers....
                              i just meant about the name that she would have introduced herself as someone else back in the library when she thought the doctor was pretending not to know her... and I think that thing about the tardis was just her joking, (but then again its possible for the timelords to return at somepoint,
                              Spoiler:
                              im kinda hoping thats what the pandoricle and rewriting time thing could lead to.

And steven moffet described her as a companion to come back after the library, I just think everything that we've so far just points to her being a human that the doctor allows himself to fall for (for obvious reasons, she is pretty awesome) because he knows from the beginning how its going to end for her and doesn't fight it because of her dying wish, we saw jack was able to work the tardis and he's more or less from the same time period as both of river songs adventures have been so its logical to assume that shes also from the time era, which has time agents and humans are very advanced, shes a doctor so obviously shes very intelligent, she becomes a professor at somepoint.... and
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't think the church army thing would just pick any murderer at random to help them take care of the weeping angels
                              so shes obviously well known for being kickass outside of her adventures with the doctor

I think the reason she can write old high gallifreyan is cos the docor will teach her at some point, because he remembers she contacted him using it.
                              Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 02 May 2010, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Well i've got two main theorys:
                                One is that River Song is The Rani under a false name. I think that because in the latest episode of Dr Who it was revealed that she was imprisoned for killing someone.
                                My second theory is that she's Romana as she refers to the doctor as "sweety" and the note she left him in the muesem was written in ancient Gallifreyan.
                                Both these theories explain a hell of a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X