Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers here for everything of season 4 and 5, so don't be giving out if you see a spoiler.. its clearly marked people!

Anywho Professor/Doctor River Song, we first met her in the library 2 parter back in season 4, then again in the angel 2 parter at the start of season 5 and the pandorica 2 parter finale of season 5

Okay so I thought Id update this thread since season 5...
    • We know that shes an archaeologist.
    • That shes in stormcage prison for murder ("A very good man. Best man I've ever known.")
    • She knows his real name (possible from reciting wedding vows)
    • Its been hinted at loads of times that shes his future wife, so thats pretty much a given at this point I believe
    • Its likely her home era is the 51st century and that shes human given everything we know about her
    • She enjoys halluncinagenic lipstick, and using guns (interesting the doctor isn't opposed to this)
    • She often contacts him by writing "Hello Sweetie" on things that she knows the doctor will find, along with coordinates of where to find her e.g. the home box in the museum, or the cliff face on planet one.
    • We know the Doctor teaches her to pilot the Tardis.
    • Before his death, Father Octavian tells the Doctor that "You think you know, but you don't. You don't understand who or what she is.
    • She carries handcuffs (hinting at a romantic S&M type relationship with the Doctor lol)

In Doctor Who Confidential, Stephan Moffat stated that we find out who River Song really is in series 6, and Moffet hinted in an interview with digital spy that she may be very different to our presumptions of her, but personally given how often its being hinted at a marriage, or some kind of romantic relationship (the handcuffs)

Okay so discuss.. GO!
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 26 June 2010, 02:14 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Perhaps The Doctor gave her a device that can detect the true identity of a Time Lord regardless of his/her appearance?

Comment

I think its a lot more likely that the future Doctor just showed her pictures.

Or since she knows the Doctors name maybe all...or part of her memories were downloaded into her, crossed into her, maybe their neurons swapped, or we have a situation where Matt Smith (or a future Doctor) meets with the Tenth Doctor, and River Song is present. I mean almost anything is possible with this show.

Comment

Alex Kingston seems to be in the new trailer but it doesn't give any hints as to who she is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
            Alex Kingston seems to be in the new trailer but it doesn't give any hints as to who she is playing.
            Having an actor in the show like ten episodes after she played one of most important characters in the show to date playing someone else entirely would be down right insulting to us the viewers.. plus you can tell from the trailer that its her.. she falls on him at one point.. they obviously get it on.. you can smell the sex off her...

Perhaps... when he meets her there... She already knows him?? and then later on in the show they've a younger actor playing a younger her.... or maybe the 10th doctor already knows her. but she goes by a different name.. like......
            Spoiler:
            JACK HARKNESS!
            probably not that person..... but still its possible..
            Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 01 January 2010, 06:16 PM.
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
              Having an actor in the show like ten episodes after she played one of most important characters in the show to date playing someone else entirely would be down right insulting to us the viewers.. plus you can tell from the trailer that its her.. she falls on him at one point.. they obviously get it on.. you can smell the sex off her...

Perhaps... when he meets her there... She already knows him?? and then later on in the show they've a younger actor playing a younger her.... or maybe the 10th doctor already knows her. but she goes by a different name.. like......
              Spoiler:
              JACK HARKNESS!
              probably not that person..... but still its possible..
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/newyear/

Look at 00.08 and 0023

Comment

Considering the Doctor can't mess with established events, I am not sure how exactly to respond to her being back. Her coming back was always to be expected once Tennant left but I never expected her so soon especially with the casting of Matt Smith.

River said to the Doctor looked younger than she's ever seen him and then we have Matt Smith, who is the youngest actor to play the Doctor. With her comment, I expected an older actor like First/Third old (who were low to mid 50s when they did the Doctor) and it's like her eye comment is probably what will be used to get past this little fumble of her Doctor being older yet the 11th being young. I think Moffatt was at least clever enough to add the eye comment to help cancel the need for retcons, or River won't know 11th is the Doctor and will have the relationship she seemed to have with him in a future regeneration or if he lives long enough to grow old.

As for her being important, not sure on that. She has that potential but she knows the Doctor's name, so he knows at some point he has to tell her. She told him places they have been so now he'll have to take her. His Sonic Screwdriver was used to save her mind so he'll eventually have to start adding the extra features and even the relay to store her ghost just to fill what is now essentially a predestination paradox so his own timeline won't be disrupted.

sigpic

Comment

She recognized him as being young by looking into his eyes(his soul). She never said she recognized him physically. I'm quite sure she has seen a number of versions of The Doctor...and is used to seeing him in different forms each time they meet. She had to check her diary to see where they were in there adventures...so to her he could have simply been a new regeneration...but as it turned out, it was The Doctor before she met him.
                  If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by too much ozone View Post
                    She recognized him as being young by looking into his eyes(his soul). She never said she recognized him physically. I'm quite sure she has seen a number of versions of The Doctor...and is used to seeing him in different forms each time they meet. She had to check her diary to see where they were in there adventures...so to her he could have simply been a new regeneration...but as it turned out, it was The Doctor before she met him.
                    Actuallywhat she said was "looking at your face it's early days yet" And then reeled off a list of events that may have happend between them. It's only after he didn't seem to recognise any of them that she said that he looked so much younger. Now the fact that she saw the tenth doctors face, and still thought that they mayhave met by then indicates that she knew the tenth doctor.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

"looking at your face it's early days yet"

Well, I think there are obviously two ways they can go with this. Either the 10th doctor had some adventures with her that we didn't see(possible future reason to bring #10 back in an episode) or I'm right. I still believe that was the one and only time her and 10 met. I think the relationship they have is so intimate, that she can recognize The Doctor no matter what he looks like. She can read him like no one else can.
                      If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by too much ozone View Post
                        "looking at your face it's early days yet"

Well, I think there are obviously two ways they can go with this. Either the 10th doctor had some adventures with her that we didn't see(possible future reason to bring #10 back in an episode) or I'm right. I still believe that was the one and only time her and 10 met. I think the relationship they have is so intimate, that she can recognize The Doctor no matter what he looks like. She can read him like no one else can.
                        Well she can't exactly just have a new meeting with 10th because an offscreen retcon is crap. I think that it could always be possible she meets 10th² should the dimensions be penetrated again and they bring him back with Rose.

I think him looking young in the eyes will be the explanation they use. That she never really met the Doctor until he was 11th. However the fact she was able to just recognise him regardless without a deep, long gaze into his eyes.

sigpic

Comment

Okay this has been bugging me for a while!So does anybody have any Ideas as to who Song is or even wich doctor she is suppossed to travel with..... I MEAN SHE KNEW THE DOCTORS NAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention HE GAVE HER HIS SONIC SCREWDRIVER!!!!! I don't care if it was to save her he never gives away his Sonic Screwdriver! EVER!

(Sorry about spelling )

Here is a pic of her just in case:

I used to have a cool sig, but people replied to it more than they did my messages.

sigpic

Comment

*facepalm*

See Season 5/31.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

:headdesk: Honestly some newbies need to be whacked with a wet noodle or something.......
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

or about they just get treated with respect an people just relies that not everyone is able or willing to keep up with spoilers.

I myself had to do a internet search.

She coming back in Season 5 but from what I read an scene she looks dumb down big time an certainly not from the future an I doubt she a long term traveller with the doctor like it was made out in the silence of the Library which is a shame. unless they already planning to sack his new assistance before the next season ends, which is a bit unfair to be planning that before the episodes even airs.
                                Last edited by knowles2; 17 January 2010, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X