Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. I'd have figured someone would have caught it before now if true, but... *shrug* I'm usually not one to notice the music, myself. Although I have figured out Martha's Theme. I think.

Comment

Well I can't really comment on Martha's theme (as i've not heard the second soundtrack) but I did compare music from the episode to Rose's theme and I couldn't hear it. To me, the music involving River Song was probably something new as I couldn't recall hearing in the show before.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        or she's maybe even a regenerated form of Jenny.
        Oooh, I like that. I'm going to have to rewatch it now and see what we see of her feelings for the Doctor work as love for a father as oppose to love for a lover.

Comment

I'm still really none the wiser as to who she actually is!?!?!

sigpic

Comment

If River can tell the Doctor that she's never seen him "so young" doesn't that tend to imply that it's someone we- and the Doctor- have never met before? So it can't be Rose, Jenny, Jack, Romana or anyone like that because they will have seen him (and in some cases previous incarnations of him) before. Jenny would also have remembered who Donna was, but it took her, what, half an ep and hearing her name said to figure out who she was? I doubt it can be chalked up to her "forgetting."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              If River can tell the Doctor that she's never seen him "so young" doesn't that tend to imply that it's someone we- and the Doctor- have never met before? So it can't be Rose, Jenny, Jack, Romana or anyone like that because they will have seen him (and in some cases previous incarnations of him) before. Jenny would also have remembered who Donna was, but it took her, what, half an ep and hearing her name said to figure out who she was? I doubt it can be chalked up to her "forgetting."
              Bugger, I keep forgetting that vital point whenever I come up with theories

Comment

And if River was Jenny regenerated wouldn't she still be called Jenny?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  And if River was Jenny regenerated wouldn't she still be called Jenny?
                  She was... INCOGNITO! Spoilers, y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    I've been thinking about this and "so young" should mean that River is a loooooong way in the future. I mean, if 900 (ish!) is young, I'd hate to see what old is!!

I may just be being thick here, but I still have no idea who she is/was/might be!!

sigpic

Comment

I just had a thought. Maybe she's Lucy Saxon. Because remember she saw the Doctor when he was really really old (that whole gollum-like aging thing). Maybe it was her who took the master's ring and somehow gained the ability to regenerate or time travel or something? Just a theory that I came up with while reading this thread.

I also have other theories. River Song could be an anagram of something. It has the word Rose in it. It also has the word Ring in it.

I think it's definately not Jenny, because why would she not say something?

Of course she could just be a future companion in which case all this speculation is useless. But I don't like the whole marriage idea. The Doctor said in the Doctor's Daughter that when his family died, a part of him died with them and he'd never get that back. I don't see the Doctor getting into an intimate relationship with anyone for fear of losing them- after all, he lost his family and a lot later his entire species. I definately don't see him getting involved with a human, and River seemed like just a human. If she was a time person, wouldn't the doctor be able to sense it?

Comment

Ooo... another thought on the whole telling-her-his-name business.
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it's not death. There's been times before when the Doctor's been in trouble and not known if he was going to regenerate. Surely he would have told someone then? So if it's not death and it's not marriage, then what could it possibly be?

I think childbirth is a silly idea. It's like 'oh look at our baby... by the way, I'm Ian''.

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                          I've been thinking about this and "so young" should mean that River is a loooooong way in the future. I mean, if 900 (ish!) is young, I'd hate to see what old is!!
                          Sounds good to me, although it could also be that something utterly horrific happens that "ages" the Doctor really fast. Maybe someone's hunting him down by killing all his former Companions and/or anyone who's ever met him and then they have this big climactic confrontation and horrible things are revealed and more death occurs and the Doctor ultimately wins, but at massive cost. Although that might be a bit too much like Torchwood. LOL!

Still, it could imply at least one devastating occurrence in the Doctor's future, although yeah, if she's far enough ahead it could be multiple devastating occurrences. Poor Doctor.

Comment

I say she's a woman who'll meet the Doctor later this season, sometime in her native 51st century. They won't quite gel but she'll be taken on adventures in the Tardis, eventually becoming a VERY trusted companion. Dare I say it, life partner. The Doctor'll whisk her off to other times and places for adventures, then drop her back in her own time. The Doctor'll show up at her digs in the 51st century and save her from ancient evils, etc. He'll tell her his true name.

I don't see her identity as any big mystery. I take her for what she's portrayed as: an archaeologist from the 51st C who the Doctor will meet sometime soon, most likely after he 'loses' Donna, and they'll become close while having adventures.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

She has to be the Doctor's wife in some future. He says in the episode that there is only 1 reason he would tell anyone his name or give that persone his sonic screwdriver. The only reason to tell anyone your real name is marriage. This is the person who you trust with everything in your life. The Doctor does not even trust his traveling companions with his name. So she can not be a companion. The only person in all the worlds you trust with the one thing you hide from everyone is your wife/husband.

Larrybuff

Comment

Originally posted by Larrybuff View Post
                                She has to be the Doctor's wife in some future. He says in the episode that there is only 1 reason he would tell anyone his name or give that persone his sonic screwdriver. The only reason to tell anyone your real name is marriage. This is the person who you trust with everything in your life. The Doctor does not even trust his traveling companions with his name. So she can not be a companion. The only person in all the worlds you trust with the one thing you hide from everyone is your wife/husband.

Larrybuff
                                But it may not be a matter of trust. We have no idea what the deal with his name is, only that he can't tell people it. For all we know, the one time he could tell his name could be during a specific planetary alignment.

Comment

Working...
                                X