Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr River Song Speculation/Discussion ( Spoilers needed for S6/32 discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

river song said she sent the message to the wrong person to far ahead into the past or something, she wasnt ment to send it to that doctor

shes obvisously a number 1 fan of the doctor, you hear it alot about famous celebrities, fans write all sort of things about them
    sigpic

Comment

She sent the message to the Doctor, but it arrived too "early" so when he showed up he didn't know her yet. Given that she recognized his physical appearance, though, I think she knows this regeneration.

Funny how that's the second time this season that the Doctor has arrived too early for something.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
        shes obvisously a number 1 fan of the doctor, you hear it alot about famous celebrities, fans write all sort of things about them
        Maybe she is! In Time Crash Five complained about being followed by fans.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
          Maybe she is! In Time Crash Five complained about being followed by fans.
          yeah,

my main theory is that as an archeologist, she found the doctors tomb or something where his diary and screwdriver were, and just followed him around since
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            yeah,

my main theory is that as an archeologist, she found the doctors tomb or something where his diary and screwdriver were, and just followed him around since
            Which brings us back to her being a Time Agent

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              Which brings us back to her being a Time Agent
              possibly, but i'm not so sure, she may have access to time travel tech, it is available in the C51st that's if she follows him through time rather than just trying to find him every time hes in C51st
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                my main theory is that as an archaeologist, she found the doctors tomb or something where his diary and screwdriver were, and just followed him around since
                Except that she said that he gave the sonic to her and while, yes, one could take that to mean that his leaving it behind and her finding it could equal "giving" it to her I don't think she's the type to use dodgy phrasing like that.

As for her following him around, though, that has some interesting possibilities, but I don't think it's connected to her finding his tomb. That comes across as a bit silly even for Who. Unless it's a fake tomb set up for some convoluted reason vital to the survival of mankind or something.

Anyway, I don't think she's a time traveler on her own. That'd take a bit of fun out of the whole archaeology thing. Why dig up dirty old bones when you could just nip back and chat with the person whose bones they are?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Anyway, I don't think she's a time traveler on her own. That'd take a bit of fun out of the whole archaeology thing. Why dig up dirty old bones when you could just nip back and chat with the person whose bones they are?
                  Because you like the digging for bones?

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                    Because you like the digging for bones?
                    Perv.

I do admit that it's very interesting that she has the Doctor's sonic and a device like the one Jack used in Empty Child/Doctor Dances. Maybe she's a daughter of the Face of Boe. We did hear about him having children at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Perv.

I do admit that it's very interesting that she has the Doctor's sonic and a device like the one Jack used in Empty Child/Doctor Dances. Maybe she's a daughter of the Face of Boe. We did hear about him having children at one point.
                      Do you reckon it was actually The Doctors, or did he make it specifically for her? It looks a bit more rugged than the Doctors current one, and it seems to be made of a different kind of metal.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                        Do you reckon it was actually The Doctors, or did he make it specifically for her? It looks a bit more rugged than the Doctors current one, and it seems to be made of a different kind of metal.
                        That's what I thought, but then the Doctor was all, "Oi! That's MY sonic!" so I wasn't sure. Either way, though, I believe her saying that the Doctor gave it to her. As in physically handing it over, not leaving it for her to find.

Comment

Didn't she say they went on a picnic together too, when she was going through the diary looking to see where he was at? And the screwdriver looked like it was used a lot more than the current one so its probably a while until he meets her, or she travels with him for a while until she gets it.

Sorry I'm a little confusing
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                            From the dialog in the second part, it appears that it *is* his, though modified and upgraded.

Hmmm. She's not a future regeneration - whether or not you accept that transgender regeneration could happen, of which there were a *lot* of rumours in the 80s, Diana Rigg being specifically mentioned a lot.

She knows his Real Name.

I don't think she's a Time Lady.

I don't think she's a companion in the sense that Donna or Sarah Jane are/were - i get the impression of multiple interactions spread over a wide period of time.

My interpretation of some of the things she says leads me, further, to suspect that she's known the Doctor through at least two - maybe more - regenerations.

I thnk we're looking at the Doctor's Irene Adler.

And i've always suspected Conan Doyle didn't tell us everything there was to know about *that* little affaire, too...

Comment

The obvious answer is shes married to the doctor, but he just hasnt started the relationship yet.

Its implied that she knows him long after donna etc are dead and gone as she refers to him as being much older when she knows him.
                              Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

Originally posted by KRiZ View Post
                                The obvious answer is shes married to the doctor, but he just hasnt started the relationship yet.
                                Nah. If you listen to what she says, he has been popping in and out of her life.

Wife is too obvious.

Comment

Working...
                                X