Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion/Appreciation (Spoilers for all eps aired on BBC1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    But surely the Brig would be on the retired list by now?
    The Brig has retired. There was a Sylvester McCoy story that involved him in retirement. However when SJS said "Brigadier" she did not specify which Brigadier, he has been replaced (and we have seen his replacement, also in a McCoy story). You are assuming SJS was speaking to Brigadier Lethbridge-Stuart, but she could have been talking to the present incumbent at that post.
    My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
      Pitry, have you already seen the "Eye of the Gorgon?" I checked the BBC television guide yesterday and it had "Revenge of the Slitheen" listed in the 5pm slot.
      Since cBBC aired Revenge of the Slitheen part 2 last week, they've continuied to the next episode....

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
      Eye of the Gorgon managed something Doctor Who hasn't in three years, and scared my youngest son.

I loved the inside of the building they used for the Abbey; it was gorgeous.

Good ep. The cliffhanger was very old-school Who
      Ah, c'mon, you want to tell me he wasn't scared of the weeping angels?
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        It depends on just how temporal Mr Smith is and whether or not her receives periodic updates/upgrades whenever the Doctor is in the area.
        Why should it update with the Doctor, he didn't make it. I like your thinking though that it updated the info on Abbadon after Torchwood encountered him.

On the subject of Mr Smith the following thought occurs to me. According to wikipedia the original series bible for K9 and company said that at some point (if the show had got the go ahead) they would reveal that K9 had not been left for Sarah Jane by the Doctor but actually he was sent by the Master. As they can't use K9 for the show, and the Doctor stated that he gave Sarah Jane K9, are they maybe doing that story arc with Mr Smith? Probably not, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
          Since cBBC aired Revenge of the Slitheen part 2 last week, they've continuied to the next episode....
          Huh. I must be experiencing severe lag or something then. No problem, I'll be able to catch the ep elsewhere, and it looks worth watching from what I've read here.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            Why should it update with the Doctor, he didn't make it.
            *shrug* True enough, but illogical or not, the idea amused me so I tossed it out there. If it falls in the mud of ridicule, that's fine by me.

Comment

I wonder, should we start wondering at all the "random" remarks in Sarah Jane?
              Spoiler:
              both Agatha Christie and the Sontarans were mentioned in Eye of hte Gorgon - and lo and behold, both Agatha Christie and the Sontarans will be in series 4. I wonder.
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Spoiler:
                the Sontarans will be in series 4.
                Says who?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I wonder, should we start wondering at all the "random" remarks in Sarah Jane?
                  Spoiler:
                  the Sontarans will be in series 4. I wonder.
                  I have not heard this, but I hope you are correct. When I saw the trailer for the first episode, I thought the Judoon were them, since in their helmets they looked like them, although modernised in the same way as the Cybermen were modernised. I was so disappointed when I saw a picture of them without their helmets and realised that they were not.
                  My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Says who?
                    The official site

Comment

Says who?
                      The BBC.... hold on....There ya go.

(for those who haven't opened the spoiler tag, caution, spoilers!)
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Ah, c'mon, you want to tell me he wasn't scared of the weeping angels?
                        Nope. I was, the sproggies weren't. They like to freeze with their hands over their faces and pretend to be weeping angels. They (unlike me) weren't the least bit fazed by the Empty Child either; they wanted gas masks after that. I sometimes worry that I'm raising two very abnormal children. I'm quite pleased that the Gorgon scared them actually

Madeleine

Comment

I admit I watched SJA and enjoyed it. I should watch Part 1 of Eye Of The Gorgon.

I am currently awaiting for Christmas, and TW S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            Nope. I was, the sproggies weren't. They like to freeze with their hands over their faces and pretend to be weeping angels. They (unlike me) weren't the least bit fazed by the Empty Child either; they wanted gas masks after that. I sometimes worry that I'm raising two very abnormal children. I'm quite pleased that the Gorgon scared them actually
                            You wouldn't take it the wrong way if I backed away slowly from the kids, would you? How old are they?!

Ha. Right. The Empty Child. I guess that wasn't the first thing to jump into my mind because I find it less scary adn more plain and simple creepy. Rewatching Blink I've noticed the scare factor completely gone - but rewatching the Empty Child I'm still creeped out. Could be gas-mask traumas from my childhood, tho
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Forbidden Planet is now taking pre-orders for SJA merchandise.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Finally got round to watching Pt. 2 of "Revenge of the Slitheen" - I give it a solid 4/5.

When Da Kids were trapped inside the school, for a horrible moment I thought Maria was going to pick the lock with a hairpin...

I've probably mrntioned this before, but Sarah Jane's "Mr. Smith, I need you." has definite overtones of John Steed's "Mrs. Peel, we're needed." from The Avengers.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X