Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion/Appreciation (Spoilers for all eps aired on BBC1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    I think iut should be two weeks? Because the regular BBC should still show the second part of the Slitheen episode next week.
    It will be 2 weeks on BBC1, but the other thing on CBBC next week.

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    ah, shame. However...
    Spoiler:
    there was an interview with her somewhere where she started saying "no" and then changed it to "I don't know", which seemed quite weird to me.
    Possibly before they had finished filming, so she could not be certain. Or possibly she suddenly realised she did not have clearance to say that yet, as they are pretty strict on what the cast are allowed to reveal in interviews.
    My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
      It will be 2 weeks on BBC1, but the other thing on CBBC next week.
      Oh, so CBBC are now going to be one week ahead of BBC1? Squee! I thought I'd have to wait for the next episode til I'm back from London.

Possibly before they had finished filming, so she could not be certain. Or possibly she suddenly realised she did not have clearance to say that yet, as they are pretty strict on what the cast are allowed to reveal in interviews.
      That interview was from Monday, but of course they could have shot it before, I dunno how they do it, it seemed live tho. But yeah, we've no idea what she's allowed/ isn't allowed to say in interviews.
      *still hopes*
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
        I don't have a TV guide to hand, but knowing BBC they will probably repeat it several times on different digital channels.
        Yep. I just checked the BBC television guide. Part one is being shown again this Sunday and Monday on CBBC digital. The sunday episode should give me a chance to catch part one before the second part airs at 5pm, Monday on BBC1.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

A nice moment was when the Brigadier got a namecheck

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            A nice moment was when the Brigadier got a namecheck
            Oh, indeedy yes.

But surely the Brig would be on the retired list by now?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I'm sure he can still pull a few strings.

Comment

"Retired" only means you get a pension. If you want to keep working, you set up your own company, employ yourself, and then subcontract your services to the MoD for twice your previous salary. (My Dad's at it at the mo.)

The Brigadier is still involved with all sorts of stuff.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  "Retired" only means you get a pension. If you want to keep working, you set up your own company, employ yourself, and then subcontract your services to the MoD for twice your previous salary. (My Dad's at it at the mo.)

The Brigadier is still involved with all sorts of stuff.
                  Hmmm... Maybe he's in touch with a USAF General or two who work at Cheyenne Mountain?

"Chap with glowing eyes - five rounds rapid."
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Just watched the second part of Revenge of the Slitheen. I really enjoyed it, but the child Sleetheen looked more cute than scary. Am I correct in thinking that the kid beamed out just before his dad blew up, it sure looked like it. Liked the bit at the end where Clyde talked with Mr Smith, is that foreshadwoing future stuff? Is Mr Smith evil?

Incidently according to wikipedia one of the aliens that appeared on Mr Smith's screen when he was searching was Abbadon (from Torchwood), aren't that race supposed to be older than the universe and even the Doctor did not know of them, I really want to know where he comes from, or how Sarah ended up with him.
                    Last edited by pbellosom; 01 October 2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

At a guess, I'd say that the information became accessible after Abaddon's defeat in Cardiff. Or possibly it was The Beast, Himself which was drawn from the Doctor's experiences in the far future. It depends on just how temporal Mr Smith is and whether or not her receives periodic updates/upgrades whenever the Doctor is in the area.

Accessing Torchwood files, on the other hand, is probably a snap.

Comment

Yeah, the (so cute!!) Slitheen child was teleported before his dad blew up.

Oooh, Eye of the Gorgon.
                        Spoiler:
                        Much better. It's funny, it is a rather entertaining kid show. The only "kid" thing that annoyed me today was the "ooh! Mr Smith!" moment. Even the divorce talk was bearable, whgo'd have thought.
                        Oy. And Sontarans. Ha! I wonder who Bee is - or, rather, who her husband was to know of Sontarans! Guyess they'll explain in part two.
                        And I loved the nuns. Evil nuns, just as if it's out of Good Omens
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          I liked it! Toned down for kids, but still enjoyable. I like the new sidekick, too; still annoying, but not nearly as obnoxious as the girl from Bane. All I keep thinking is "Young Mickey Smith" which is probably a bit unfair to him, but I loved Mickey and I think I'm gonna love this kid, too.
                          Hehe, I just watched Part One and was thinking the exact same thing. I too loved Mickey, so it's a compliment.

Comment

Pitry, have you already seen the "Eye of the Gorgon?" I checked the BBC television guide yesterday and it had "Revenge of the Slitheen" listed in the 5pm slot.

Anyway, I watched both parts over the weekend and while I still feel it's maybe a little too much of a children's show for me, both eps were a great laugh. The trailer for the "Eye of the Gorgon" looked cool and creepy, so I think I'll stick with the show.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Loved Eye of the Gorgon, but a whole WEEK until the conclusion? Agony!

Anyway, it's times like this when I hate my utter lack of Who history. *sigh* I'm tempted to use Unbox to catch up on some of 'em, but Amazon is pissy and won't recognize my Archos device because it's the wrong model number. I could watch it on my comp, but that isn't as comfy.

BTW I found myself wondering tonight if Mr Smith played his own little theme song every time he exposed himself activated. I imagine one of the kids would have said something by now if he did, but for now I'm choosing to believe it anyway because it amuses me.

Comment

Eye of the Gorgon managed something Doctor Who hasn't in three years, and scared my youngest son.

I loved the inside of the building they used for the Abbey; it was gorgeous.

Good ep. The cliffhanger was very old-school Who

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X