Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion/Appreciation (Spoilers for all eps aired on BBC1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know when the rest of the episodes are going to air?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
      I thought it was a one-off?! But what do I know.
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
        I think it'll probably be around July, but I don't know what I read to make me think that, so I could be wildly off base.

Comment

I've seen 1 episode so far. A few questions come to mind...

1: where did she get the sonic lipstick?
          2: Where did she get that computer? all those other things in that room???
          3: how what huh??? k-9 in space???? how the hell is that possible???
          4: where can I get some sonic lipstick?

The main thing that I find the most disapointing is that when she was with Mr. Smith, she fell in love with him and then when he dropped her off on Earth and left her behind to go to Gallifrey, why couldn't she continue on with her life? And if she wasn't able to, where other companions unable or unwilling to "live" after being with him?

I do like it though. Sorta a Doctor Who as it should have been (G rated), instead of Doctor Who (PG) or Torchwood (NC-17)
          Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
          Spoiler:
          "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
          "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
          "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
          "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
          "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

The lipstick was inside K9 when she got him back.

Comment

What you have to remember, is that SJA's pilot ep "Invasion of the Bane" takes place at least a year after the events of "School Reunion".

Sarah Jane mentions that K-9 has been in space (fixing a black hole if memory serves) for "a year".

The Sonic Lipstick was (apparantly) in a compartment of K-9's body. We don't know (yet) where Mr. Smith the computer came from.

What we do know however, is that the show is due to start airing in the UK sometime in late August or early September - just about the time the school holidays finish.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Anyone know if this will be airing in Canada? Sounds perfect for my budding sci-fi fan little sister. (and I hope I like it too! )

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Anyone know if this will be airing in Canada? Sounds perfect for my budding sci-fi fan little sister. (and I hope I like it too! )
                  I liked it. It was definitely kiddish, but it wasn't Mister Dressup or anything. More like a Doctor Who version of Harry Potter.

I haven't heard anything about this airing in Canada yet. Is CBC even involved with this one like they are Torchwood and Doctor Who?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                    I liked it. It was definitely kiddish, but it wasn't Mister Dressup or anything. More like a Doctor Who version of Harry Potter.

I haven't heard anything about this airing in Canada yet. Is CBC even involved with this one like they are Torchwood and Doctor Who?
                    I haven't a clue- I can't find anything on it. Is CBC funding Torchwood as well as Doctor Who?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      It probably will eventually, but it'll have to air in the UK first. I don't think they'd just randomly show the premiere without any show to back it up... unlike the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        It probably will eventually, but it'll have to air in the UK first. I don't think they'd just randomly show the premiere without any show to back it up... unlike the BBC.
                        No, they definitely don't do that.

Comment

This might help - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sarah_Jane_Adventures
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Brief article in the Radio Times today. RTD says that when there was first talk of a spin-off aimed at the younger set, there were murmurings of a series following the adventures of the young Doctor on Gallifrey. RTD said to that plan absolutely not. Phew!

Madeleine

Comment

I wonder if this show will air in Australia.

With any luck, hopefully Ch2 will pick it up as they have with Dr. Who.

Nevermind my kids (I have 3 boys and eldest is 6yrs), I think I'll enjoy this show too!!
                              Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
                              and Captain Jack Harkness
                              Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
                              Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
                              Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
                              I live here.....Calling All Australians?
                              My other home...Stargate Down Under
                              My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                Brief article in the Radio Times today. RTD says that when there was first talk of a spin-off aimed at the younger set, there were murmurings of a series following the adventures of the young Doctor on Gallifrey. RTD said to that plan absolutely not. Phew!
                                Indeed.... *shudders at the thought*
                                I mean, it's not just that it would have been simply bad. It would have also killed all the mystery of the character and hurt the real Doctor Who.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X