Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion/Appreciation (Spoilers for all eps aired on BBC1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    Brief article in the Radio Times today. RTD says that when there was first talk of a spin-off aimed at the younger set, there were murmurings of a series following the adventures of the young Doctor on Gallifrey. RTD said to that plan absolutely not. Phew!
    That sounds like a worse idea than Evolution of the Daleks. Now that is saying something.

Comment

So usually one does not start the weekend waiting for Monday, in fact it is more usual to start the weekend dreading Monday. But this week I cannot wait for Monday, SJS series at last starts on TV. I, for one, am looking forward to it.
      My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        That sounds like a worse idea than Evolution of the Daleks. Now that is saying something.
        Amen to that, oh my sister.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Small Slitheen! Ha! Didn't see that oen coming.

Okay, so it's a kid show... and had the mendatory kid show stuff in it.
          But I was entertained.

...I guess it helps I don't hate the Slitheen with a passion. L
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
            Spoiler:

Okay, so it's a kid show... and had the mendatory kid show stuff in it.
            But I was entertained.

...I guess it helps I don't hate the Slitheen with a passion. L
            Aye. Hopefully there will be plenty of fart jokes in it! I'll check the first ep out on Monday. If I remember that is.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Not bad at all. Eagerly awaiting part two next Monday.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Not bad at all. Eagerly awaiting part two next Monday.
                I cheated, I switched over and watched part two on the CBBC channel right after.

I enjoyed the show, but then I have been a fan of Elisabeth Sladen since the Pertwee years. I think it worked well, OK it was aimed at kids, but was not too juvenile for us middle age people.

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  As soon as he said "Come in here" my familly all knew it and started shouting at the TV.

I enjoyed it, not as good as the pilot and I thought the Slitheen looked a lot less realistic (my mum said it was because they weren't allowed to make it as scary as proper Who) but I am still eagerly waiting for next week.

Oh and once again the preview gave too much away and there wasn't any opportunity to avoid the preview it came up straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                    I thought the Slitheen looked a lot less realistic (my mum said it was because they weren't allowed to make it as scary as proper Who
                    That is quite possible. In Planet of the Spiders (last Pertwee adventure) the special effects department made an incredibly realistic giant spider, and were told to make it less realistic so as not to be so scary. However, when we first saw the Slitheen claw, it looked more 'low budget' than in Dr Who, and it is possible that the lower budget was the reason that they were less realistic.

Either way, at least we escaped those awful CGI Slitheen they used in their first appearance. They looked more like game footage from an old Playstation than real aliens.

As soon as he said "Come in here" my familly all knew it and started shouting at the TV.
                    I worked it out earlier, they were making too much of him to just be a background character,

Comment

Don't I look like a first prize pillock! Here's me saying that I'd check out the first ep next Monday when it had already aired hours earlier! Ah well, I aint too bovvered.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I enjoyed it, not as good as the pilot and I thought the Slitheen looked a lot less realistic (my mum said it was because they weren't allowed to make it as scary as proper Who) but I am still eagerly waiting for next week.

Oh and once again the preview gave too much away and there wasn't any opportunity to avoid the preview it came up straight away.
                        To be fair, they're wqorking apparently on a much lower budget than Doctor Who. It might have something to do with it - anyway, I have to admit I dind't notice such a lack of budget Especially for a kid show.
                        Got to see part 2 now, also lovely.

spoiler for further episodes + speculation
                        Spoiler:
                        The way Sarah Jane spoke in the end of the Doctor, I wonder if he'll pop by - I know they said that one peisode they will specifically have to save the Doctor or something like that.

Okay, yes, I'm a sucker of crossovers. I want! And as it seems I won't get to get the Doctor in Torchwood - which is a bloody shame cos they can do so much with the Doctor there - at least I want him in a cameo in Sarah Jane
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I liked it! Toned down for kids, but still enjoyable. I like the new sidekick, too; still annoying, but not nearly as obnoxious as the girl from Bane. All I keep thinking is "Young Mickey Smith" which is probably a bit unfair to him, but I loved Mickey and I think I'm gonna love this kid, too.

Good to know the appearace of the Slitheen was kiddyfied, I was thinking it was all in my head. LOL! The child Slitheen had me just about falling out of my seat laughing. Great stuff!

And next week (it is next week?):
                          Spoiler:
                          EVIL NUNS! And gorgons! Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                            Don't I look like a first prize pillock! Here's me saying that I'd check out the first ep next Monday when it had already aired hours earlier! Ah well, I aint too bovvered.
                            I don't have a TV guide to hand, but knowing BBC they will probably repeat it several times on different digital channels.

Comment

spoiler for further episodes + speculation

Spoiler:
                              The way Sarah Jane spoke in the end of the Doctor, I wonder if he'll pop by - I know they said that one peisode they will specifically have to save the Doctor or something like that.

Okay, yes, I'm a sucker of crossovers. I want! And as it seems I won't get to get the Doctor in Torchwood - which is a bloody shame cos they can do so much with the Doctor there - at least I want him in a cameo in Sarah Jane
                              Spoiler:
                              On CBBC, just before the second episode Elisabeth Sladen said that although the Doctor would be mentioned, he would NOT appear in the show

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

And next week (it is next week?):
                                Spoiler:
                                EVIL NUNS! And gorgons! Woohoo!
                                I think iut should be two weeks? Because the regular BBC should still show the second part of the Slitheen episode next week.

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                On CBBC, just before the second episode Elisabeth Sladen said that although the Doctor would be mentioned, he would NOT appear in the show
                                ah, shame. However...
                                Spoiler:
                                there was an interview with her somewhere where she started saying "no" and then changed it to "I don't know", which seemed quite weird to me.
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X