X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any more theories on the docs name? Ive ran out

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
      Yep it was the Deadly Assassin... but when the time comes the production team will either ignore the limit, find something to overcome it...
      Was it only the Deadly Assassin? That's one of the few pre-Romana eps I've seen (UK Gold repeated it not long ago) and I'm sure that it said the Master had used up his 12 regenerations, but I don't recall it saying why he only had 12: whether it was law and social convention, or a physical biological limit, or just that the Master, being a criminal, had had a limit placed on his existence.

Madeleine

Comment

I have been thinking of this topic a lot recently, with the wiki reference on Journey's End. Davros in that episode called him
        Spoiler:
        The Destroyer of Worlds

So what if it is something that is shocking, dangerous, and a revelation. Something he is ultimatly afraid of, or ashamed of. Something that is well known to the universe, but a name that is a bringer of death. Which is why he called himself "The Doctor" Sort of like the Grim Reaper. Something that is surrounded by death, however is not the cause of it. But is associated with that death by the people who witness those events.
        Which could be why he chose "The Doctor" The man who makes people better, as The Master said. Who knows, this could even be some sort of attonement. That last is unlikely. But The Doctor is a man with a lot of emotional baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
          Was it only the Deadly Assassin? That's one of the few pre-Romana eps I've seen (UK Gold repeated it not long ago) and I'm sure that it said the Master had used up his 12 regenerations, but I don't recall it saying why he only had 12: whether it was law and social convention, or a physical biological limit, or just that the Master, being a criminal, had had a limit placed on his existence.
          Theres a mention in Shada about someone being on his last regeneration..... no number was given though... I haven't seen past Shada but so far its just The Deadly Assassin for the 13 regeneration limit
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncient1 View Post
            We all know he must have an original name. So far he has been called, Doctor, Grandfather, and Professor. He has even been called "idiot" in Kinda. In the Armageddon Factor, the other Time Lord called him "Theta Sigma".

any ideas?
            Right , From A Few Episodes , The Doctors Name Has Been Hidden - I Hve Worked Out His Real Name.

In '' The Planet Of The Odd '' The Ood Who Helped The Doctor & Donnah , Was Called Odd Sigma , Maybe That Hints A Clue - But His First Name Is Deffinantly Theat!

In '' The Lost Planet '' Rose Whispered 2 Words Into Donnahs Ear , They Were 'Bad Wolf' Maybe The 2 Words Were Another Hint.

In The Vashdanarada , That Girl - I Forgot Her Na,e , She Wispered 2 Words In His Ear!
            But The Doctor Who Cast Are Stupid !!!
            My Friend Is Deaf And Can Lip Read , The Words Are ........ Theet Sigmarous . As Far As He Can Work Out.

Thanks Anyway!

Comment

Nah his name is definitely not Themoniastoris Doctorianaz its completely different it would be similar name to The Master's real name of Kirloi so im thinkin that maybe his name is very similar to the Master's

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post

Im 99% sure that 13 is the regeneration limit, however we know The Master is on his 15th.....this is becuase in "The Five Doctors" the time lords offer him a new regeneration cycle in exchange for his help. So there is a way for a time lord to get around the 13 rule, maybe the Doctor will find away around it as well!
                A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
                  Im 99% sure that 13 is the regeneration limit, however we know The Master is on his 15th.....this is becuase in "The Five Doctors" the time lords offer him a new regeneration cycle in exchange for his help. So there is a way for a time lord to get around the 13 rule, maybe the Doctor will find away around it as well!
                  A regeneration cycle enables 12 Regenerations and therefore 13 lives (Mawdryn Undead).
                  Apparently, the Time Lords have the ability to grant additional regeneration cycles,
                  but are likely reluctant to do so due to their taboo against immortality (The Five Doctors).

Comment

The time lords can do it, also the master does in the Keeper of Traken. I've not seen the story in over 2 decades but I think he could since he had some access to the energy the keeper of traken had access to and by also taking over Treemas's body as well. I'm not sure if this started a new cycle for him, or just granted him a new body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kor View Post
                      The time lords can do it, also the master does in the Keeper of Traken. I've not seen the story in over 2 decades but I think he could since he had some access to the energy the keeper of traken had access to and by also taking over Treemas's body as well. I'm not sure if this started a new cycle for him, or just granted him a new body.
                      This actually only granted the Master a new body. Because before taking over the body of Tremas (anagram of the "Master") he was seen as a decaying wreck at the end of his thirteen and final life ("The Deadly Assassin 1976). After this the Master was usually seen as trying to extend his life, usually transferring from body to body. He even trying to take over the body of the Doctor in the 1998 Television movie, thus gaining his remaining regenerations, by using the "Eye of Harmony" in the TARDIS.

Even with his return in the 2005 series, I don't think the Time Lords gave the Master any regenerations. The reason I think this is because the when he was in the form of Professor Yana, he was injured as he was making his way to the TARDIS. He does regenerate, but I think that the combination of the TARDIS and the Doctor's severed hand, plus he was Galifreyan made it possible for him to regenerate. This may have also made it so he had the ability to regenerate again, but denied it when he lay in the Doctor's arms after beging shot.

Comment

According to this, his real name is Theta Sigma. Whether or not this was mentioned in the original series I am not sure but according to a couple of websites, its canon.

http://www.freewebs.com/stupidmajor/castcrew.htm
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

I thought that was his nickname when he was at the time lord academy. Though I've not seen Armageddon Factor in a long time. I think Drax calls him that.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            According to this, his real name is Theta Sigma. Whether or not this was mentioned in the original series I am not sure but according to a couple of websites, its canon.

http://www.freewebs.com/stupidmajor/castcrew.htm
                            I think that is a link to a fan-fic site, so I wouldn't take it as "gospel"

Comment

I was watching Turn Left last night and the following theory came to me.

Throughout RTD's run we've been told that the Doctor's name is more than just a secret. Then look at Rose in Turn Left, she avoids the question of her name entirely and even the UNIT scientists don't know it (I would love to know what they refer to her as) finally when called on it she says "I've crossed too many different realities - trust me, the wrong word in the wrong place can change the entire causal nexus." Meaningless technobabble of course but the basic message seems to be, if her name is used in this universe then time gets screwed up. Not entirely sure why this would be the case but if it is the case with Rose in the Turnleftverse then it could just as well be the case with the Doctor in ours.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                                I was watching Turn Left last night and the following theory came to me.

Throughout RTD's run we've been told that the Doctor's name is more than just a secret. Then look at Rose in Turn Left, she avoids the question of her name entirely and even the UNIT scientists don't know it (I would love to know what they refer to her as) finally when called on it she says "I've crossed too many different realities - trust me, the wrong word in the wrong place can change the entire causal nexus." Meaningless technobabble of course but the basic message seems to be, if her name is used in this universe then time gets screwed up. Not entirely sure why this would be the case but if it is the case with Rose in the Turnleftverse then it could just as well be the case with the Doctor in ours.

That dosen't really make sense to me. Can you elaborate?

I mean in the TARDIS when the Doctor was regenerating after being shot Jack called her Rose.. So shouldnt' that have screwed something up?

Maybe his name is something classical like Melchizedek which is the Timelord from the musical Time
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X