No announcement yet.

What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The smart money is on Martha replacing Tosh in Torchwood. I'm hoping that the doctor's next assistant is his daughter.
    My friend was telling me that Martha and Mickey are gonna be in Torchwood now. It makes sense cos at the end of Journey's End Martha and Mickey go with Jack. And yes, the Doctor's daughter would make a pretty good companion. The coming alive again thing will probably intwine with the next series and they will meet again. Just a guess.
    Last edited by The Girl With The Long Hair; 12 July 2008, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ecchi View Post
      You should probably have started a new thread with this, but in that you didn't I'll reply here:

No it's not. Radcliff was suggested on a DR Who site as a joke, and some other sites reported it as a fact, not realising it was a joke. And sorry to disappoint you about Nesbitt, but he was on a chat show last week, and when the host mentioned that he was the bookies favourite as the next Dr Who he looked suprised and replied "Really? Well I wouldn't put any money on it!"
      Bummer. So any idea who will play the 11th doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by The Girl With The Long Hair View Post
        Bummer. So any idea who will play the 11th doctor?
        There's always theories. But no major ones. David Tennant will still be the doctor for at least a little while longer though.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          There's always theories. But no major ones. David Tennant will still be the doctor for at least a little while longer though.
          It'll only be til 2010. Unless, that is, he signs that 3 yr contract which i dont think he will. or has he already?

Comment

Aparently it was in the paper that they want it to be a woman doctor :O cool

Comment

It'll only be til 2010. Unless, that is, he signs that 3 yr contract which i dont think he will. or has he already?
              Well apparently:

Spoiler:
              He's in half the episodes of the 2010 season but beyond that we just don't know cos they haven't been confirmed. So he may regenerate he may not at this point. If he does it will be the first time the Doctor would every regenerate in the middle of a season in the shows entire history.

Comment

According to my friend, the doctor is supposed to regenerate in March 2010

Comment

Aparently it was in the paper that they want it to be a woman doctor :O cool
                  Yeah, but that was RTD trying to be funny, he claimed that the next Doctor would be Amy Winehouse, but no one is going to hire someone that unreliable for an expensive show like Dr Who, they simply won't get completion insurance. Besides, filming won't start until late next year, and it is unlikely that Amy Winehouse will still be alive then!

Besides, it ain't his decision anymore, and I think that SM has more sense than that!
                  My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

also I suspect the rumours about there being a woman doctor have more to do with...

Spoiler:
                    The Doctor Donna.....

Than any real future Woman Doctor.

Comment

Yeah, but that was RTD trying to be funny, he claimed that the next Doctor would be Amy Winehouse, but no one is going to hire someone that unreliable for an expensive show like Dr Who, they simply won't get completion insurance. Besides, filming won't start until late next year, and it is unlikely that Amy Winehouse will still be alive then!

Besides, it ain't his decision anymore, and I think that SM has more sense than that!
                      hahaha! what makes you say that (that being amy being dead by then)? If it was a woman doctor then it could have been changed to the nurse lol but back to the subject of the name. According to this person he shortened his name but he chose the Doctor because he liked to help people or make them better or something.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        also I suspect the rumours about there being a woman doctor have more to do with...

Spoiler:
                        The Doctor Donna.....

Than any real future Woman Doctor.
                        Hmm...yeh that makes sense. But still, its nice to think there might be a woman doctor in the future.

Comment

Tennant is under contract until the end of next year (although, of course, they are not obliged to use him, just pay him - they could fire him at any time and just pay him "garden time" for those episodes ). As to the year after that, Tennant's says that since the "management" is changing at the same time his contract runs out, RTD has not rehired him, as RTD obviously no longer has the authority to do so, and SM has not yet rehired him, because he has not actually taken over yet, so also does not have the authority to hire anyone. Tennant claims that he is as much in the dark as the rest of us, and that he too is waiting to see if he is still playing Dr Who!!!

Of course, he could be lying.

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Tennant is under contract until the end of next year (although, of course, they are not obliged to use him, just pay him - they could fire him at any time and just pay him "garden time" for those episodes ). As to the year after that, Tennant's says that since the "management" is changing at the same time his contract runs out, RTD has not rehired him, as RTD obviously no longer has the authority to do so, and SM has not yet rehired him, because he has not actually taken over yet, so also does not have the authority to hire anyone. Tennant claims that he is as much in the dark as the rest of us, and that he too is waiting to see if he is still playing Dr Who!!!

Of course, he could be lying.
                            Yeh he could be... I think he plays a good doctor. Good at humor and better than chris for sarcasim

Comment

hahaha! what makes you say that (that being amy being dead by then)?
                              I wasn't being funny. She has emphysema that will kill her if she does not stop the drugs. She shows no sign of giving up the drugs. So it is unlikely in the extreme that she will still be alive in 2010.

Comment

I wasn't being funny. She has emphysema that will kill her if she does not stop the drugs. She shows no sign of giving up the drugs. So it is unlikely in the extreme that she will still be alive in 2010.
                                Sorry. It sounded as if u were though. Bummer. I like her music.

Comment

Working...
                                X