What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
    The Nemesis statue from the 7th Doctor story 'Silver Nemesis'.

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Lady Peinforte warns the Doctor that she will reveal his secrets, tell (the Cybermen) of the old times, the times of chaos, (and the Doctor's involvement in said times), if the Doctor didn't give her the statue... But the Cybermen said they didn't care about the Time Lord secrets... (despite their intrigue in The Five Doctors)

The story ended with Ace asking the Doctor... "Who are you?", to which the Doctor replied with a "Shh...".

Ohh... so that's his name! Shh!

Thanks guys so that's what that is.... Hmmm

Did the statue have special abilities or properties?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Watch the episode, well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
        Over on Outpost Gallifrey there was a theory going 'round that the Doctor's name had been removed as a punishment... sort of wiped from history forwards and backwards. But Steven Moffat responded to that one:.

Sorry for thread necro.......

But this sounds like the lamest punishment..... I mean it's stupid. For one thing at his trial there would be court records and the court would hold a copy of his name.....So one would only have to get to the Galifreyan courts and raid the files.

Comment

Don't you just hate it when people think that the Doctor's last name is "Who"?
          sigpic
          Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
            Don't you just hate it when people think that the Doctor's last name is "Who"?
            You have no idea how much that "little mistake" by non-fans makes my blood boil!
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

^ Ain't it the truth?
              sigpic
              Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

To borrow from the Warlock series, what if Dr. Who's name isn't just a name? What if it is a powerful word for example like in the Warlock. The word that could undo all creation? What if by uttering the Doctor's True Name, the lights just go out? "The Silence will/must fall." Could mean that everything would simply cease to exist with no do-overs. A True Name that could be both Powerful and Terrible.-----a little on the cliche side I think, but only the Doctor knows I suppose...........

Comment

I say it's Bob... What more reason to hide it.
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                    I say it's Bob... What more reason to hide it.
                    Thats what Ive thought all along!

Comment

Rotcod.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mizenko View Post
                        To borrow from the Warlock series, what if Dr. Who's name isn't just a name? What if it is a powerful word for example like in the Warlock. The word that could undo all creation? What if by uttering the Doctor's True Name, the lights just go out? "The Silence will/must fall." Could mean that everything would simply cease to exist with no do-overs. A True Name that could be both Powerful and Terrible.-----a little on the cliche side I think, but only the Doctor knows I suppose...........
                        He has to be born with his name so who are his parents? And how could they gve him such a powerful name?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          He has to be born with his name so who are his parents? And how could they gve him such a powerful name?
                          Perhaps at the time after his birth, the Doctor's true name was incredibly common on Gallifrey, but became legendary at the very moment that he stole his TARDIS from the museum in the Citadel.

The legend just got bigger over the rest of his life. So much so, that he chose the alias of the Doctor to hide his "fame" after he let Susan enroll at Coal Hill School in the late 20th century, after Ian and Barbera started calling him "Doctor". It just got bigger after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                            Perhaps at the time after his birth, the Doctor's true name was incredibly common on Gallifrey, but became legendary at the very moment that he stole his TARDIS from the museum in the Citadel.

The legend just got bigger over the rest of his life. So much so, that he chose the alias of the Doctor to hide his "fame" after he let Susan enroll at Coal Hill School in the late 20th century, after Ian and Barbera started calling him "Doctor". It just got bigger after that.

OK now I'm lost. Do you mean the name "Doctor" became bigger?

Also at the end of series 6 I'm confused. What did he whisper to River. Because in the Library episode she whispers what we are told is his real name to him to prove who she is. I thought seeing that wedding on the pyramid that he must have said his name?

So when does River find out his name?

And the oldest question can't be "who is the Doctor" that's way too easy?

Comment

OK now I'm lost. Do you mean the name "Doctor" became bigger?

Also at the end of series 6 I'm confused. What did he whisper to River.
                              He whispered to River to look into his eye, so that she could see the real Doctor within the eye of the Teselecta. But the Teselecta lied while it was disguised as the Doctor, and said that he told River his actual name, so that Amy and Rory wouldn't intially catch on.

Because in the Library episode she whispers what we are told is his real name to him to prove who she is. I thought seeing that wedding on the pyramid that he must have said his name?
                              She did tell him his name to prove who she is at the Library. But the moment ontop of the pyramid is not the point where she finds out what his real name is. The moment that she finds out his real name is still to come.

So when does River find out his name?
                              We don't know yet. Possibly during their trip to the Singing Towers of Darillium, which is the last time that River sees the 11th incarnation of the Doctor from her point of view, before going to the Library to meet him for the very last time in his 10th form, being the first time ever for him at that point.

And the oldest question can't be "who is the Doctor" that's way too easy?
                              Why can't it be that? I ask you, what is so wrong with the ultimate question being as simple as the Doctor's true identity?

Comment

John Smith
                                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Working...
                                X