No announcement yet.

What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read this on a couple of other forums that the Doctor's name could even be "Silence" What if that writing on the crib is "Silence"
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Or it could be "Lookintomyeye".

Comment

Gandalf the Blue (he's a wizard in stories)
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
          Or it could be "Lookintomyeye".

Oh I like....... Oh Blen if you were only 5'2 and brunette, and female

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Oh I like....... Oh Blen if you were only 5'2 and brunette, and female
            Well she is at least 2 out of those 3 coco.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Actually nearly 3 out of 3 (I'm 5' 3") BUT I'm probably old enough to be your Mum.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                Actually nearly 3 out of 3 (I'm 5' 3") BUT I'm probably old enough to be your Mum.
                I'm probably older my dear... But I like experienced women.

Comment

I spent a while reading through this thread and thought I'd post a couple little theories of my own. Not ones that are immensely filled with information from Classic Who (I haven't had time to experience the classic whovian series) but I have caught up with the new series so far, and have a couple of thoughts.

The whole "Silence will/must fall" argument could be because he honestly can't answer the question, and from what I understood due to the quote from Dorium in Wedding of River Song:

DORIUM: "On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature may speak falsely or fail to give answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered."

This could present a major problem in all of existence, since him failing to give an answer would be breaking the laws of the universal logic of that moment. Thus, the universal laws shatter, and everything kind of breaks down into nonexistence -- Silence.

But I also really like the theory of his name being a long series of mathematical or greek symbols. It fits in the nickname Theta Sigma, though that could still just be a fraternity nickname. A fun theory to consider might be that his name was/is the Skasis Paradigm, however unlikely, from School Reunion. Would be kind of a problem if he answered that and the building blocks of the universe responded to it, and... I'll leave the rest up to imagination. And if you add in the phonetic pronunciation of such a string of symbols, it could very easily come up to 38 syllables and be unpronounceable.

Again, these are mostly just the midnight musings of a rather recent Whovian, but I figured I'd post just to see what other people thought.

Comment

Originally posted by TiniBopper View Post
                    I spent a while reading through this thread and thought I'd post a couple little theories of my own. Not ones that are immensely filled with information from Classic Who (I haven't had time to experience the classic whovian series) but I have caught up with the new series so far, and have a couple of thoughts.

The whole "Silence will/must fall" argument could be because he honestly can't answer the question, and from what I understood due to the quote from Dorium in Wedding of River Song:

DORIUM: "On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature may speak falsely or fail to give answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never, ever be answered."

This could present a major problem in all of existence, since him failing to give an answer would be breaking the laws of the universal logic of that moment. Thus, the universal laws shatter, and everything kind of breaks down into nonexistence -- Silence.

But I also really like the theory of his name being a long series of mathematical or greek symbols. It fits in the nickname Theta Sigma, though that could still just be a fraternity nickname. A fun theory to consider might be that his name was/is the Skasis Paradigm, however unlikely, from School Reunion. Would be kind of a problem if he answered that and the building blocks of the universe responded to it, and... I'll leave the rest up to imagination. And if you add in the phonetic pronunciation of such a string of symbols, it could very easily come up to 38 syllables and be unpronounceable.

Again, these are mostly just the midnight musings of a rather recent Whovian, but I figured I'd post just to see what other people thought.

I like that ....... Love the way you think.

Comment

I see two possibilities:

1. The Doctor's name is: Get Off This Planet

2. His name is really quite ordinary... a bit of embarrassment to him. Like this example from the Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy...

Arthur Dent: Who are you?
                      Old Man: What? No. My name's not important. You must come with me, or you'll be late.
                      Arthur Dent: Late for what?
                      Old Man: Well, um, what's your name Earthman?
                      Arthur Dent: Dent. Arthur Dent.
                      Old Man: Your friends are safe, you can trust me.
                      Arthur Dent: Trust a man who won't even tell me his name?
                      Old Man: Well, um, my name is, um, it's [hurriedly] Slartibartfast.
                      Arthur Dent: What?
                      Old Man: I *said* it wasn't important.

Comment

Tim
                        Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

The word in Galifreyan for 'Doctor'.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Just trying to think back to last season, did they ever bother to reveal the Doctor's name after making a big ho-ha about it?
                            "You don't know half of it".
                            Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                            (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

No, of course not.

Doctor who, hello?
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

BTW, it opened after the Doctor said "Please!"
                                Maybe River lied again?
                                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X