What is the Doctor's Real Name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobing View Post
    Very cool theories and ideas, and some trivia from old eps. Unfortunately I don't think it's ever going to be revealed, because it's a fundemental aspect of the show, more than just being the title, it seems to be part of the mystery and intrigue of the show. If we did ever find out, it would be lost, and a very important part of the show would be gone. Same with Baltar and the Number Six in BSG, if we ever found out what she really was, it would be a let down.

The intrigue of a question is often far more satisfying than the answer - ME, JUST NOW.

i recon that the doctor will reveal his name on the last episode. It will be like...the ultimate finale of the program.

Comment

The thing i dont get is...in the library River Song whispered to The Doctor his true name. So why did she whisper when The Doctor has already revealed it in a previous episode as Theta Sigma? Any answers?

Comment

The Doctor chose his name because he likes to help people hence the name DOCTOR. Its just like the Master. He called himself the Master because he wanted to take control of the Earth. And also, if he had his name taken away as a punishment, did the same happen to the master?

Comment

Originally posted by The Girl With The Long Hair View Post
          The thing i dont get is...in the library River Song whispered to The Doctor his true name. So why did she whisper when The Doctor has already revealed it in a previous episode as Theta Sigma? Any answers?
          I don't think Theta Sigma was ever his name, just a thing he was called. A Uni nickname or something.

i recon that the doctor will reveal his name on the last episode. It will be like...the ultimate finale of the program.
          Oh, I hope not. There shouldn't ever BE a last episode or an ultimate finale. Even if they do axe the show, there shouldn't be any thing so final that it could prevent the next generation of TV producers from reviving it 16 years later

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by AyanEva View Post
            *sits in confusion and wonders just how many episodes she's managed to mix up and jumble into one screwed up memory* Wow, I'm talented.

"Thete" would make much more sense than "Pete"- the "Pete" thing totally had me confused and I couldn't figure out where people were getting "Thete" from. Well, at least I correctly remembered the classmate bit! I'll blame the rest of it on the fact that I was about 12-14 when I last watched that episode.

Thanks for the explanation, the whole name thing is making a bit more sense now. As atonement for my idiocy, here's some fun stuff to mull over:

Theta

Sigma

Who knows if it means anything but it's fun to ponder.

*goes back to lurking*

AyanEva
            Following the links to Theta, i found the thing about the cross in the circle. Anyway, also Mr.Saxon used the same symbol but in a square. Its just a theory but it might have something to do with it. Im probably just going off on some crazy idea when i cant think of anything else. Im just going by what you guys say as i havnt seen the old episodes

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
              I don't think Theta Sigma was ever his name, just a thing he was called. A Uni nickname or something.

Oh, I hope not. There shouldn't ever BE a last episode or an ultimate finale. Even if they do axe the show, there shouldn't be any thing so final that it could prevent the next generation of TV producers from reviving it 16 years later
              well, the Doctor only has so many regenerations left. So when he runs out of them and dies again, the show will stop. What im hoping is that there will be another show based on the program and there will be a different timelord or something seeing as the show is so popular.

Comment

well, the Doctor only has so many regenerations left. So when he runs out of them and dies again, the show will stop. What im hoping is that there will be another show based on the program and there will be a different timelord or something seeing as the show is so popular.
                If the show is still getting the viewing figures it has now, it won't end when he runs out of regenerations, they will think of a story line save him.

And anyway, he is already up to regeneration 17 (see "The Brain of Morbius").
                My jokes site - http://www.homegrownlaughter.com - for great jokes

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Benjamin~ View Post
                  John Smith!

Thats his name!
                  On the episode Midnight, the people told him to tell him his name and he said "John Smith" and then the people said "Your REAL name" and he doesnt answer. i think that means that John Smith isn't his name, just something to cover it up.

Comment

On the episode Midnight, the people told him to tell him his name and he said "John Smith" and then the people said "Your REAL name" and he doesnt answer. i think that means that John Smith isn't his name, just something to cover it up.
                    Yes it is. In the classic seriesI believe he used it as his cover name when he was working with UNIT. I certainly remember the 3rd doctor saying his name was John Smith. But That is not his name. He basically just picked a name at random to use when he needed one.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This is kind of going off the subject a bit but seeing as Cathrine Tate's just gone then who's the companion? I hope martha comes back shes cool. And also, in 2010 its either Daniel Radcliff or James Nessbitt who's gonna play the Doctor. I think James Nessbitt with do a better job. Bye

Comment

You should probably have started a new thread with this, but in that you didn't I'll reply here:

in 2010 its either Daniel Radcliff or James Nessbitt who's gonna play the Doctor. I think James Nessbitt with do a better job. Bye
                        No it's not. Radcliff was suggested on a DR Who site as a joke, and some other sites reported it as a fact, not realising it was a joke. And sorry to disappoint you about Nesbitt, but he was on a chat show last week, and when the host mentioned that he was the bookies favourite as the next Dr Who he looked suprised and replied "Really? Well I wouldn't put any money on it!"

who's the companion? I hope martha comes back
                        The smart money is on Martha replacing Tosh in Torchwood. I'm hoping that the doctor's next assistant is his daughter.

It has come to my notice that some people in this forum are using the letter A without having first obtained a licence. Be aware that the letter A is now a patented property, and continuing to use it without a licence will result in criminal prosecution. Please CLICK HERE for full details.

Comment

Apparently in the next full series in 2010 the doctor will have 2 new companions. But that's by the by. Back to the subject in hand now.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

well, the Doctor only has so many regenerations left.
                            I'm not sure there was ever anything in canon that limited a Time Lord's regenerations. The Masters were limited, but that may have been cos he was a criminal or something.

Madeleine

Comment

I'm not sure there was ever anything in canon that limited a Time Lord's regenerations.
                              It was mentioned more than once in the classic series.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                Apparently in the next full series in 2010 the doctor will have 2 new companions. But that's by the by. Back to the subject in hand now.
                                Really..... cool its about time

I'm not sure there was ever anything in canon that limited a Time Lord's regenerations. The Masters were limited, but that may have been cos he was a criminal or something.
                                Originally posted by ecchi View Post
                                It was mentioned more than once in the classic series.
                                Yep it was the Deadly Assassin... but when the time comes the production team will either ignore the limit, find something to overcome it...

I like the idea of 13 regenerating and Doctor 14 just going well that shouldnt of happened and carrying on as normal
                                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                                X