Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you have to admit, having the First, Second and Third Doctors in a multi-Doctor special would be a really good trick - considering William Hartnell passed away in 1975, Patrick Troughton in 1987, and Jon Pertwee in 1996...

Honestly, do tabloid journalists think Dr. Who fans are all stupid or something?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Check out the links below for information regarding David Tennant's upcoming role as the new host of PBS TV's MASTERPIECE CONTEMPORARY series as well as his and Russell T. Davies' appearance at this year's Comic Con -

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-the-new-host/

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...sh-are-coming/

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        But you have to admit, having the First, Second and Third Doctors in a multi-Doctor special would be a really good trick - considering William Hartnell passed away in 1975, Patrick Troughton in 1987, and Jon Pertwee in 1996...

Honestly, do tabloid journalists think Dr. Who fans are all stupid or something?

I totally agree. They journalists seem to think they'd use archive footage to represent the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Doctor's.

The closest we got to seeing "The Ten Doctors" was in the 2008 TV movie The Next Doctor when moving images of the Doctor's first 9 incarnations are projected on to a wall via the Dalek Info Stamp.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Doctor Who - The Next Doctor airing on BBC America this Saturday @ 9 pm EST/PST - check out the link below for short news piece and photos!

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...ons-greetings/

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            There are all sorts of ways it could be done now. Cheap options like just getting look-a-bit-likes (if you squint at the telly) like they did before for Doctor No.1. Archive footage... maybe used a bit like in the DS9 episode when they went back and visited the old Enterprise. Or CGI of course, like they did for Schwarz...er, Swarchs... Like they did for Arnie in the latest Terminator. Probably far too expensive for the BBC though, especially for a Children In Need episode.
            Last edited by Coutelier; 25 June 2009, 12:27 AM.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
            My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier View Post
              Probably far too expensive for the BBC though, expecially for a Children In Need episode.
              The limitation for a CiN episode seems to be - single set, minimum cast, little or no FX work, can be shot in a single day.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-tennant-.html

Originally posted: June 25, 2009

It's the beginning of the end of David Tennant's run on 'Doctor Who'
                There are generally two categories of “Doctor Who” episodes: thrillers and adventures.

“The Next Doctor,” a “Doctor Who” special that airs this weekend (8 p.m. Central Saturday, BBC America), definitely falls in the latter category. Prepare yourself for a Dickensian romp complete with snow, street urchins and gentlemen in waistcoats.

Aside from a typically energetic and enjoyable performance by David Tennant as the Doctor, the best thing about this lightweight outing is the guest turn by David Morrissey (star of the original “State of Play” TV miniseries).

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

That's... That's actually the episode in a nutshell. Wow.
                  'Lightweight outing'. Must use that in the future.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier View Post
                    There are all sorts of ways it could be done now. Cheap options like just getting look-a-bit-likes (if you squint at the telly) like they did before for Doctor No.1. Archive footage... maybe used a bit like in the DS9 episode when they went back and visited the old Enterprise. Or CGI of course, like they did for Schwarz...er, Swarchs... Like they did for Arnie in the latest Terminator. Probably far too expensive for the BBC though, especially for a Children In Need episode.
                    However there's also the slightly moralistic consideration of whether it would be RIGHT to replace Docs 1-3. I know that at Big Finish they refuse to use sound-a-likes, and regard the Five Doctors as a one off success that should never be repeated.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

We've kind of already had an epic multi-Doctor story.

Canadian writer/artist Rich Morris published "The Ten Doctors" story on his comixblog.

It was fantastic.
                      sigpic

Comment

'Who' movie to be confirmed at Comic-Con?

A Doctor Who movie starring David Tennant will be announced at the Comic-Con event later this month, according to reports.

Speculation is growing that the BBC will confirm the big screen version at the five-day convention, which is held in San Diego, California. Tennant will be attending alongside departing executive producer Russell T Davies.

Previously, Tennant has revealed that he has signed up for an unidentified "sci-fi project", while Davies has hinted that an announcement of a "special project" would be coming soon, telling Doctor Who Magazine: "News as and when, but I can promise, it's worth waiting for."

Tennant's Doctor will regenerate at the end of three Doctor Who specials, the last of which airs early next year. Matt Smith will then assume the lead role.

A spokesperson for BBC Films has previously confirmed that a script for a Who movie is "in development".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a16...comic-con.html

Comment

would someone be able to tell me when "water on mars" is going to air ??

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
                            would someone be able to tell me when "water on mars" is going to air ??
                            "The Waters of Mars" will air sometime in November.

Possibly - and don't quote me on this, I'm just speculating - Saturday 21st November.

That being the Saturday closest to the anniversary date.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              'Who' movie to be confirmed at Comic-Con?

A Doctor Who movie starring David Tennant will be announced at the Comic-Con event later this month, according to reports.

Speculation is growing that the BBC will confirm the big screen version at the five-day convention, which is held in San Diego, California. Tennant will be attending alongside departing executive producer Russell T Davies.

Previously, Tennant has revealed that he has signed up for an unidentified "sci-fi project", while Davies has hinted that an announcement of a "special project" would be coming soon, telling Doctor Who Magazine: "News as and when, but I can promise, it's worth waiting for."

Tennant's Doctor will regenerate at the end of three Doctor Who specials, the last of which airs early next year. Matt Smith will then assume the lead role.

A spokesperson for BBC Films has previously confirmed that a script for a Who movie is "in development".

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a16...comic-con.html
                              : crosses fingers :
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Waters of Mars preview clip

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a1642...view-clip.html
                                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                                X