X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Smith on the return of Doctor Who
    Simon Brew

We’re set to find out more about The Silence, and there’s a cliffhanger and a half waiting for us, it seems. Matt Smith has been chatting about Doctor Who series 6…

Published on Feb 22, 2011

We're around two months away from the return of Doctor Who to Saturday nights, and Matt Smith has been chatting to Radio 1 about just what we can expect.

Talking specifically about the character of River Song, Smith told the station, "What's amazing about Steven [Moffat] is, he's been plotting this since [River's] very first episode. It's all connected. He's had this sort of three-year plan and it's all unfolding."

Even more intriguingly, he's offered a tease about the two-parter that's going to kick the new series off, where we find out more about The Silence.

"I think The Silence is going to be the scariest Who monster in a long time, definitely since the Angels. I think Steven's written a killer monster there," said Smith.

Smith also confirmed that we've got a sizeable cliffhanger to look forward to at the end of the seventh episode, then the show will take its mid-series break. "I think the Doctor and Amy are really faced with some quite cataclysmic choices," he said.

We'll keep you posted as we hear more...

Link to original article here: http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...octor_who.html
    Last edited by Alan; 22 February 2011, 06:32 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Gah. Without saying anything we didn't already know, he's gone and riled me up all over again
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Gah. Without saying anything we didn't already know, he's gone and riled me up all over again
        To be honest that *was* the reason why I posted it here in the first place. A shot of adrenaline...build up the suspense and excitement for Doctor Who's return in a couple of months time. The places he'll visit...the evils he'll fight...the famous historical people he'll meet...the questions that need to be answered...its all to come.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

At this point I'm really dying for episode titles and airdates. With just 3 of one (4 if you count A Christmas Carol) and none of the other, I'm getting a bit antsy
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm sorry to say that Nicholas Courtney passed away late tonight.

http://tardisnewsroom.blogspot.com/2...-has-died.html

My thoughts are with his family during this dreadful time.
            I'm glad to have met him when I had the chance.
            Goodbye Mr Courtney, and thank you. :'(
            Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Awww

Comment

I am absolutely and utterly saddened by the passing of Nicholas Courtney who played Brigadier (previously Colonel) Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. He was a wonderful man, a great actor, and a true Doctor Who legend. My deepest and sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

REST IN PEACE
                NICHOLAS COURTNEY
                1929 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  I am absolutely and utterly saddened by the passing of Nicholas Courtney. He was a wonderful man, a great actor, and a true Doctor Who legend. My deepest and sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

REST IN PEACE
                  NICHOLAS COURTNEY
                  1929 - 2011
                  Indeed, agreed, and quoted for emphasis. He brought a great deal to the Who franchise; as the Brigadier on screen in the UNIT years, reprising the role on SJA a couple years ago, as well as his contributions to the Doctor Who audio world. He will be sorely missed

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    I am absolutely and utterly saddened by the passing of Nicholas Courtney who played Brigadier (previously Colonel) Sir Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart. He was a wonderful man, a great actor, and a true Doctor Who legend. My deepest and sincerest condolences go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

REST IN PEACE
                    NICHOLAS COURTNEY
                    1929 - 2011
                    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Indeed, agreed, and quoted for emphasis. He brought a great deal to the Who franchise; as the Brigadier on screen in the UNIT years, reprising the role on SJA a couple years ago, as well as his contributions to the Doctor Who audio world. He will be sorely missed
                    Agreed with you both. He was a brilliant man, not just in Doctor Who, but also in his other credits and in person. I miss him already.
                    Last edited by Billz; 22 February 2011, 05:39 PM.

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Comment

RIP dear Brigadier. I will miss you.

Last edited by Blencathra; 22 February 2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

The passing of a childhood hero. You will be missed, sir.
                        sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol nominated for a 2011 Saturn Award (BBC America presentation) in the Best Television Presentation category.
                          Blog Twitter

Comment

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...returning.html

Also, David Walliams is confirmed to be starring in the new series

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Revisitations 2 Revealed
                              http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/...d-box-art.html

3 more classic Who stories, updated with new bonus features and possibly, new special effects.

Updated stories:
                              The Seeds Of Death
                              Carnival Of Monsters
                              Resurrection Of The Daleks

Comment

Source: SciFi and TV Talk - Sci-Fi Blast From The Past - Deborah Watling (Doctor Who)
                                Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X