This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMForeman
    Has any of my fellow Americans recieved this yet? I've ordered mine from Amazon.Uk, and I still have not gotten it.
    I pre-ordered mine on November 19th and received it November 30th, which I think was pretty darn quick.

Comment

I'm going to have to wait awhile before I get it..... Lack of funds...
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I dont see the fuss. They did it before with the actress who played the Third Doctor's assistant Jo Grant.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Looks like this special is going to be special. I wonder if it's ratings will beat Rose !!!!!
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

A new teaser is online.

First moving images of the Santas!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/video/ the first teaser listed.

Comment

The US and Uk are cheaper than Australia, the boxset is selling for around AU$150 here which is about US$115. we always get ripped off.

Comment

New one now up. 30 seconds long, the first "proper" trailer, and it looks phenomonal! Click the pic of the TARDIS crashing.

Fantastic!
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

WOW!!!! Green for the link, and that was a pretty great trailer, cant wait now!!
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by shazzboy
                    Yep it is one expensive bugger!!!!! its listed as $150, but i think you will be able to get it for about $120 at BIG W.
                    We don't have a Big W where I live. I have seen it at 129.99 so I will probably be paying that for it. I think I'll venture out and grab it this week as my Christmas present to myself!

So the people that do have it and have watched it..

Is it worth the price tag? What are the commentaries like? Any surprises or easter eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                      New one now up. 30 seconds long, the first "proper" trailer, and it looks phenomonal! Click the pic of the TARDIS crashing.

Fantastic!
                      Hey! I just caught that trailer on BBC1 a few minutes ago. w00t! I'm looking forward to this!
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Unfortunately the Australian version of the boxset contained a faulty disc and so they all had to be sent back to the manufacturer. My local retailer told me that it is UNLIKELY for the Who boxset to be available until after Christmas. So don't buy it now...

I think $125 for a thirteen episode boxset is very steep... I'm a patient person... I can wait... Definitely not buying it from the ABC shop... Sorry Aunty... I love you for showing reruns but I've got a mortagage...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                          Unfortunately the Australian version of the boxset contained a faulty disc and so they all had to be sent back to the manufacturer. My local retailer told me that it is UNLIKELY for the Who boxset to be available until after Christmas. So don't buy it now...
                          Really I hadn't heard about that, well at least someone is on the ball they didn't do that with SGA's and I am now the proud owner of a faulty DVD boxset.

I think $125 for a thirteen episode boxset is very steep... I'm a patient person... I can wait... Definitely not buying it from the ABC shop... Sorry Aunty... I love you for showing reruns but I've got a mortagage...
                          They never have really good sales. I will buy it and if I have more time now to save well that's just a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                            Really I hadn't heard about that, well at least someone is on the ball they didn't do that with SGA's and I am now the proud owner of a faulty DVD boxset.

They never have really good sales. I will buy it and if I have more time now to save well that's just a bonus.
                            I'm glad I got this information out to you on time. I did post that info on the Aussie thread last week but you must've missed it.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              I'm glad I got this information out to you on time. I did post that info on the Aussie thread last week but you must've missed it.
                              I only post there not often lurk, so yes I did miss it thanks.

Comment

Christmas Day at 19:00 cant wait
                                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                                X