Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
      is this going to be region2 only?

or will be region free?
      anybody know?
      It will be region 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
        It will be region 2.
        also region 4. we in ozstrayalya will be getting an exact copy of the UK release on 01/12. we usually do exact copies of UK programmes anyway, guess it would cost too much money to come up with an entirely new one. i am however disappointed that there arent any deleted scenes on the special feautures, unless they havent been mentioned?

Comment

Stupid american here How much is £42.99 in American dollars...I haven't seen this show in years and this sounds like quite a steal

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
            Stupid american here How much is £42.99 in American dollars...I haven't seen this show in years and this sounds like quite a steal
            It will be about 74.89 US dollars, that's without shipping fees. Looks quite cool with the box looking like the TARDIS. Would buy it myself, but I've got my eye on the Babylon 5 boxset.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33306

BBC Won't Confirm Who Report

The BBC has declined to comment on a report in the tabloid Daily Mirror that Doctor Who star Billie Piper was going to quit before the third season begins, according to the BBC News Web site. The Mirror, citing anonymous sources, reported that Piper, 23, who plays the Doctor's sidekick, Rose Tyler, quit the British TV show to avoid being typecast.
              sigpic

Comment

Only two days to go till the boxset is released.

I have a funny feeling I may be recieving this as a Christmas Prezzie

Comment

Mine came in the post this morning. Wahey!

Comment

DR HO-HO ..OH

EARTH is invaded by a gang of evil Santas in a Dr Who Christmas special - but the hero can't help as he is in the middle of regeneration into the new doctor.

Actor David Tennant is flat on his back and barely conscious as he makes his debut at the 10th Timelord.

It is left to his assistant Rose Tyler, played by Billie Piper, to save the world from the menacing Santas.

Viewers will see Earth threatened by a monstrous race called the Sycorax, who have stolen a British space probe, in a story called The Christmas Invasion.

After Dr Who collapses outside the Tardis and is packed off to bed, Rose and her boyfriend Mickey, played by Noel Clarke, go Christmas shopping.

But as they browse in a market, they find themselves under attack by a sinister brass band of deadly masked Santas. Pictures of the gang appear in a behind-the-scenes special on the Doctor Who DVD box set, which went on sale this week.

On the DVD, show producer Phil Collinson reveals: "The Santas form a four-piece band and each instrument becomes a lethal weapon.

"There is a tuba with a flame thrower in it, two trumpets that fire bullets and a trombone that fires mortars."

However, one of the Santas comes a cropper when a giant High Street Christmas tree falls on him.

More trouble brews at the Tyler home where Rose's mum Jackie and Mickey have to fend off a killer Christmas tree while Rose desperately tries to wake the doctor.

Director James Hawes said: "The Christmas Invasion is about mankind's first experience of a threat of an alien landing on the planet.

"The real twist is that the doctor is in the middle of regeneration - and he ain't there to save us."

The Sycorax leader is played by Sean Gilder, who appeared as Styles in ITV drama Hornblower and Jols in movie King Arthur.

Scottish actor Tennant took over as Dr Who after Christopher Eccleston quit the role. He said the cast and crew had gone out their way to make his debut easier.
                    Tennant joked: "I'm getting there and I'm coping with it. So far I'm doing a damn fine job of being unconscious - I'd say it's my finest work. I have had a great time so far - it's been great, very friendly with a very welcoming atmosphere."

The Christmas Invasion will be shown as BBC1's flagship drama on Christmas Day. Collinson added: "We've also been commissioned to make a Christmas special for 2006. "So we would hope this is going to become the norm for the next couple of years."

Comment

I hope the Doctor is up to form by the end of the ep.... Now the only question is when we will see it here.
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by shazzboy
                        also region 4. we in ozstrayalya will be getting an exact copy of the UK release on 01/12. we usually do exact copies of UK programmes anyway, guess it would cost too much money to come up with an entirely new one. i am however disappointed that there arent any deleted scenes on the special feautures, unless they havent been mentioned?
                        Yeah it has the what? 13 episodes but it costs a bomb! O.K so it is supposed to include quite a few extras but no Chris commentaries is that still right? I have seen it advertised (pre order) for 109 bucks! That puts it in the very high Boxset range here in Australia T.A.R.D.I.S cover or not it is steep.
                        20eps of SGA was $75 for instance, yeah I will still buy it but I will grumble about the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                          Yeah it has the what? 13 episodes but it costs a bomb! O.K so it is supposed to include quite a few extras but no Chris commentaries is that still right? I have seen it advertised (pre order) for 109 bucks! That puts it in the very high Boxset range here in Australia T.A.R.D.I.S cover or not it is steep.
                          20eps of SGA was $75 for instance, yeah I will still buy it but I will grumble about the price.
                          Everything from the UK costs a bomb... that's the nature of the beast... If the ABC does their own version, we might see a slight price reduction... I am hoping that the ABC will do a local version with all the bells and whistles in it but I doubt that I'll be getting it for quite a while yet. The Atlantis boxset set me back $70AUD...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Has any of my fellow Americans recieved this yet? I've ordered mine from Amazon.Uk, and I still have not gotten it.
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                              Everything from the UK costs a bomb... that's the nature of the beast... If the ABC does their own version, we might see a slight price reduction... I am hoping that the ABC will do a local version with all the bells and whistles in it but I doubt that I'll be getting it for quite a while yet. The Atlantis boxset set me back $70AUD...
                              Yes but you live on the Mainland. I always pay more for these things.

Did I say $109? I don't know where I got that from because the ABC shop has it as $150.95!!! *.95 yes lets not forget the .95 cents*

http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/produc...oductid=734716

What the ****. That is way too much for the equivalent of half a series of any other show, what is the BBC thinking? Oh that's right lets make lots of money out of the die hard fans. Is this really worth that much? And why does it state it is limited edition? I thought it was a normal version of the box set. Is it because it is LE that it is so pricey then? At least it has the DW confidential specials we didn't get to see them here. I guess if you add up all the single volumes it is much the same price but still wow!

So UK fans is this the same as the UK version?
                              Last edited by Willow'sCat; 27 November 2005, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose

So UK fans is this the same as the UK version?
                                Yup, that's exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X