Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expression of emotions are good, but that doesn't mean your whining.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
      expression of emotions are good, but that doesn't mean your whining.
      It does if...
      1.) you're complaining about pain, discomfort, and unhappiness; AND
      2.) the emotions aren't related to anger or lust; AND
      3.) you're a man

That's the code of conduct I was raised under and was pretty much understood by all the boys in my neighborhood.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not calling on men to act like unfeeling robots and insensitive ogres. I'm just disgusted by the modern sissy-boy society.

That's all.

Comment

I'm a psycology major, so I must take a different stance.

Comment

OMG, I take it back about women writers being more sadistic.

I just read a couple of pages from King of Terror (Fifth Doctor, so sorry I'm in the wrong topic), and... I'm just shocked speechless. The kind of torture the author puts Turlough through, that is just horrible!!! I have no clue how this story is gonna end, but unless it turns out to be an A/U or a dream, I cannot see how Turlough could ever be normal again after this book. Poor thing. (((((Turlough)))))

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
            I'm a psycology major, so I must take a different stance.
            Must you? I suppose if you must....

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
              OMG, I take it back about women writers being more sadistic.
              That was quick.

I just read a couple of pages from King of Terror (Fifth Doctor, so sorry I'm in the wrong topic), and... I'm just shocked speechless. The kind of torture the author puts Turlough through, that is just horrible!!! I have no clue how this story is gonna end, but unless it turns out to be an A/U or a dream, I cannot see how Turlough could ever be normal again after this book.
              Oh, good for Keith Topping.

Poor thing. (((((Turlough)))))
              Say what?!?

Now I'm confused. I thought you liked the sadistic stuff?

Comment

I do like the sadistic stuff, but that doesn't mean I cannot feel sorry for Turlough!!! And, I dunno, some of those descriptions really freaked me out. Had to put the book down for a few minutes to recover from the shock. Totally hadn't seen that coming! Kick ass, though. Wow. To be able to get such reactions from the reader, it has to be good, right?

Am getting ready to go to the annual Stargate Dutchies Sinterklaas party, btw. We all had to make a surprise gift with rhyme and the whole shebang for someone else in the group. Last year we had a lot of Stargate related surprise gifts, but something tells me there might also be a bit of a Doctor Who bias this year. I'll probably post a couple of pictures when I get back on Sunday.

Comment

Well, I liked Vengeance on Varos... The Doctor was more like his old self and Peri almost got turned into a bird... Dang! It would've been interesting... but I doubt that would have shut her up either...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I do like the sadistic stuff, but that doesn't mean I cannot feel sorry for Turlough!!!
                    Okay, now I'm definitely confused.

And, I dunno, some of those descriptions really freaked me out. Had to put the book down for a few minutes to recover from the shock. Totally hadn't seen that coming! Kick ass, though. Wow. To be able to get such reactions from the reader, it has to be good, right?
                    Well, I suppose that's what artists strive for. Glad you...enjoyed it...?

Am getting ready to go to the annual Stargate Dutchies Sinterklaas party, btw. We all had to make a surprise gift with rhyme and the whole shebang for someone else in the group. Last year we had a lot of Stargate related surprise gifts, but something tells me there might also be a bit of a Doctor Who bias this year. I'll probably post a couple of pictures when I get back on Sunday.
                    Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Well, I liked Vengeance on Varos... The Doctor was more like his old self and Peri almost got turned into a bird... Dang! It would've been interesting... but I doubt that would have shut her up either...
                      I bet you it would have been a parrot.

Comment

Vengeance on Varos is my favorite 6th doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          I bet you it would have been a parrot.
                          Knowing the Doctor's luck of late, you're probably right!

The episode really reminded me of The Truman Show...
                          Are there no original ideas anymore...
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The Truman show came after Vengeance

Comment

Yes... I know that...
                              The remark wasn't directed at Dr Who... The grandfather of all scifi...
                              sigpic

Comment

Yep a lot of people copy from doctor who

Comment

Working...
                                X