This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    I suppose that depends on what bothers you about it.
    That is a very good question. I'm not at all sure why, but it just didn't grab my attention. I liked most of the Doctor scenes, though. When he's not busy being a total ass towards Peri, he's actually quite charming, and, dare I say it, sweet. I *loved* that last scene when he states he's "the Doctor, whether you like it or not," and Peri and the Doctor smile at each other.
    Those twins really annoyed me, though, and... I dunno, the show felt "cheap." The sets looks so odd.

I got 40 minutes into Attack of the Cybermen last night before the migraine meds knocked me out, so I'll have to continue watching that one tonight. Hehehehe, the chameleon circuit is working! Well... sort of, anyway. Either the TARDIS is really out of practice, or else it has a very odd idea of what "blending in" exactly means.

Hope that helps.
    I think so, yes. Actually, I just read through some reviews on The Twin Dilemma, and almost all say that it's considered to be one of the worst, if not the worst DW episode, and certainly the worst of the Baker era (in their opinions, of course). So that puts my mind at ease somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
      That is a very good question. I'm not at all sure why, but it just didn't grab my attention. I liked most of the Doctor scenes, though. When he's not busy being a total ass towards Peri, he's actually quite charming, and, dare I say it, sweet. I *loved* that last scene when he states he's "the Doctor, whether you like it or not," and Peri and the Doctor smile at each other.
      It's always interesting to see the transitition between Doctors.
      Those twins really annoyed me, though, and... I dunno, the show felt "cheap." The sets looks so odd.
      Well, it was the last story of Season 21. They were probably running low on money about that time. And the twins annoyed me too.

I got 40 minutes into Attack of the Cybermen last night before the migraine meds knocked me out, so I'll have to continue watching that one tonight. Hehehehe, the chameleon circuit is working! Well... sort of, anyway. Either the TARDIS is really out of practice, or else it has a very odd idea of what "blending in" exactly means.
      The Doctor should probably leave well enough alone. The last time he tried to fix the chameleon circuit, things got nasty.

I think so, yes. Actually, I just read through some reviews on The Twin Dilemma, and almost all say that it's considered to be one of the worst, if not the worst DW episode, and certainly the worst of the Baker era (in their opinions, of course). So that puts my mind at ease somewhat.
      Really? It's certainly the worst Colin Baker episode.

But surely it couldn't beat Edge of Destruction, Reign of Terror, The Underwater Menace, The Time Monster, Revenge of the Cybermen, Underworld, Arc of Infinity, Terminus, or The Happiness Patrol for the title of worst Doctor Who story?

Comment

But surely it couldn't beat Edge of Destruction, Reign of Terror, The Underwater Menace, The Time Monster, Revenge of the Cybermen, Underworld, Arc of Infinity, Terminus, or The Happiness Patrol for the title of worst Doctor Who story?
        Take the Happiness Patrol back. I loved that episode. But Terminus oh man that was the first fith doctor story I ever saw and i didnt like it at all.
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
          Take the Happiness Patrol back.
          No...you keep it. I'll hang out in the "waiting zone".

I loved that episode. But Terminus oh man that was the first fith doctor story I ever saw and i didnt like it at all.
          Despite it's pleasant upbeat story, brightly colored sets and costumes, and happy-go-lucky characters, I found it wanting, frankly.

Comment

My Favorite eps in his era is Vengence on Vergo? hope I spelled that right, it was interseting.
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

^ It was vengance on Varos. Sorry for correcting you
              That was a great ep expecially when Peri was transforming into that bird thing.

Comment

Yep that is it, sorry about getting it wrong.
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Trivia Question: In Timelash, the Doctor returns to Karfel. Which Doctor and companion are mentioned as having originally visited the planet?

Comment

The Third Doctor and Jo Grant.

Comment

The Third Doctor and Jo Grant.
                      Correct!!!

Comment

I think you should make a Doctor Who Trivia Thread.

Comment

I think you should make a Doctor Who Trivia Thread.
                          Well, I would...but I hardly know anything about that show.

Comment

Well you could always 'borrow' stuff from the bbc doctor who website.

Comment

Well you could always 'borrow' stuff from the bbc doctor who website.
                              How's this for an idea? Why don't I use the classic series thread I created to post trivia questions?

Comment

How's this for an idea? Why don't I use the classic series thread I created to post trivia questions?
                                Great idea! I love trivia games!
                                "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Working...
                                X