This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definatly a great Idea.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Un the Trail of a Time lord the Doctor mentioned he was an elected official and that he was exempt from trail, so then wasn't the trial illegal
      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by creed462
        Un the Trail of a Time lord the Doctor mentioned he was an elected official and that he was exempt from trail, so then wasn't the trial illegal
        Since he willfully neglected his responsibility, he was disposed from office as mentioned in the first episode of that story.

Doctor Who Season 23: Trial of a Time Lord
        Spoiler:
        The trial started as an inquiry only. The trial was a farce since the Valeyard had secretly made a deal with the High Council of Time Lords that in exchange for the Doctor's life, the Valeyard would not expose their crimes. Data was hidden and altered in the Matrix to cover up the High Council's guilt and implicate the Doctor.

The Inquisitor faithfully followed the law in the inquiry and trial, although others had broken laws and manipulated events unbeknownst to her.

Comment

oh

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
            I've been trying to get through The Twin Dilemma for the past three days now. Please tell me it gets better later in the series!
            Have you seen other Sixth Doctor stories yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
              Have you seen other Sixth Doctor stories yet?
              Yeah, I've watched them up to Revelation of the Daleks, and got stuck there. Much as I like Peri, I just can't seem to care enough for the Sixth Doctor stories to feel the urge to continue watching. I'm more interested in reading the Fifth Doctor novels and listening to some of the audios.
              I'll give it another try one of these days, I'm sure, but no, the Sixth Doctor will never be a favorite of mine.

Comment

Yeah, I've watched them up to Revelation of the Daleks, and got stuck there. Much as I like Peri, I just can't seem to care enough for the Sixth Doctor stories to feel the urge to continue watching.
                I was just the opposite. I couldn't stand Peri in Season 21 & 22, but I thought she was good in Season 23...more mature. I liked the Sixth Doctor in Season 21 & 22, but I felt he was hitting his stride in Season 23 which made his sudden departure even more jarring.

Of course, many folks hate Season 23, so don't go by me.

I'm more interested in reading the Fifth Doctor novels and listening to some of the audios.
                As long as it's Nyssa or Turlough....

I'll give it another try one of these days, I'm sure, but no, the Sixth Doctor will never be a favorite of mine.
                The wonderful thing about Doctor Who...so many eras, Doctors, and companions to enjoy...or not.

Comment

I thought he need more time as well.

Comment

Just had my first taste of Colin Baker's Dr Who...
                    Golly... who is this bombastic, unstable and obnoxious creature...

I suppose it'll take some getting used to after the sweetness of Peter Davison's Doctor...
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Just had my first taste of Colin Baker's Dr Who...
                      Golly... who is this bombastic, unstable and obnoxious creature...

I suppose it'll take some getting used to after the sweetness of Peter Davison's Doctor...
                      Yeah, I think JNT made a bad decision in trying to make the Doctor less likable...especially since he apparently casted Colin Baker because he thought he was such a charming fellow on the set of Arc of Infinity.

And they did go overboard with the character in The Twin Dilemma.

Combine that with the tacky theme music (although not as obnoxious as Sylvester's theme music).

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                        Yeah, I think JNT made a bad decision in trying to make the Doctor less likable...especially since he apparently casted Colin Baker because he thought he was such a charming fellow on the set of Arc of Infinity.
                        Bad decision, indeed... what was the point... The Doctor has his flaws anyway... just keep to those... Colin Baker looks like he's a decent actor but that murderous gesture was quite unnecessary... all very contrived if you asked me.

And they did go overboard with the character in The Twin Dilemma.
                        Was it suppose to be in contrast with the rather staid demeanour of the twins?

Combine that with the tacky theme music (although not as obnoxious as Sylvester's theme music).
                        Something to look forward to... I think...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

He did get better toward the end of his run

Comment

Well, I'm going to perservere for old times sake...
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm going to perservere for old times sake...
                              The Twin Dilemma is considered one of worst-ever stories. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the others as I did.

Comment

Bad decision, indeed... what was the point... The Doctor has his flaws anyway... just keep to those... Colin Baker looks like he's a decent actor but that murderous gesture was quite unnecessary... all very contrived if you asked me.
                                Agreed. I don't think Colin was comfortable with some of those choices.

JNT seems to have made many unpopular choices with the cast members.

Was it suppose to be in contrast with the rather staid demeanour of the twins?
                                It is also a bad (embarrassing) decision to cast actors who can't pronounce their own character names.

"I am Womulus."
                                "I am Wemus."

It really distracted from the story.

It reminded me of Michael Palin in Monty Python's Life of Brian.

"Is there a Woger or Woderwick?"

Something to look forward to... I think...
                                Hopefully, you'll enjoy the rest. If not...at least catch The Two Doctors. You can't miss that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X