No announcement yet.

Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was okay as well. I was only able to watch 30 min of it (I will see the rest later). But from that half hour, I definitely want to see more. I think it has plenty of potential. All of the weird stuff in the warehouse seemed interesting.
    sigpic

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=54672

Comment

Originally posted by greenscreen View Post
        Hello everyone!
        So I just saw the pilot for Warehouse 13 the oter day and I was curious what everyone else thougth about it.

I thought it was pretty good. A good mix of Mystery/Science Fiction and whatever type of Genre you would call it, being based off of urban legends and myths adn the like. I liked Pete the best, he's fun, funny and loose. Mika is also interesting. Real depth of character, she really has a backround but she's so serious. I don't remember the third character's name but he's aslso funny with the warehouse stuff "I've got to lose weight". Mrs. Frederick and her assistant are also quite interesting I hope we get to see more of them as well as the girl in the motel. I'd like to better understand her connection with the warehouse and the "unnamed unincorporated settlement" The writing is definitely good. I'd like to see some greater story arcs I hope. If the writing continues to be as good as it has been in the pilot then this show shoudl take off and be rather fine I think.

What do you all think?
        Just go back and read a few of the older postings in this thread. Most of us on here found it bland and uninteresting. I tried to watch it a few times, and even after multiple viewings, it couldn't keep my attention.
        sigpic

Comment

hmm, I'll give it a few episodes to settle in, but first impressions were "wake me up when something happens" (which nearly happened).

But then I have been spoilt by Torchwood this week, so the bar has been set high.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Just go back and read a few of the older postings in this thread. Most of us on here found it bland and uninteresting. I tried to watch it a few times, and even after multiple viewings, it couldn't keep my attention.
            Actually the mods had moved my other thread. I didn't see this one and the search engine on this site is frankly not very good. It ought to search thread titles in addition to reply posts, but it doesn't. When the first result is a "warehouse" and no 13 I assume there is no standing thread. After all it is the logical thing to do.

In any case I woudl argue that the show could actually be called Science Fiction. More like "Mytho-Fantasy/Mystery" where the setting is based of off a realm made up of myths and urban legends. Pandora's Box and Houdini's Wallet being prime examples. The plotlines seems to run around a more Mystery style of writing. I imagine the plot arcs will follow this as well. Finding out more about the former agents Artie told us about in his photograph and the lady at the motel. I'd like to learn more about Mrs Frederick. There are some elements of Science Fiction, more specificly the stun gun and video communicators thought their explanations could just as easily be labeled mytho-fantasy as well.
            You shot that thing at me!
            I was already on an Alien Planet!
            We're all in this together!
            What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

Originally posted by greenscreen View Post
              Actually the mods had moved my other thread. I didn't see this one and the search engine on this site is frankly not very good. It ought to search thread titles in addition to reply posts, but it doesn't. When the first result is a "warehouse" and no 13 I assume there is no standing thread.
              Actually, if you go to Advanced Search and choose the option to search thread titles, the results are pretty accurate. But no, the regular search is not that good. I only ever use Advanced Search now.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I just watched the pilot on Hulu, and loved it. Will definitely be watching again next week. I really enjoyed the steampunk aspect of the actual Warehouse 13, with Tesla's stun guns, the two-way video transmitters, etc. Looking forward to seeing the next episode on Hulu.

Comment

It's alright but not great.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    So...has anyone just been blown away by the premiere?? I mean noone has from what I've seen.
                    Blown away? No. But I liked it enough to watch for a couple more episodes, we'll see. On the other hand, I was blown away by TSCC, and totally forgot about it by the time of the strike.
                    sigpic

Comment

Whose Warehouse is It Anyway? : Video Blog

http://video.syfy.com/promos/behind_...nyway/v1133984

Comment

I guess I'm the only Gateworlder who loved the pilot. I'm not going to say that too loud only because any time I spout out about loving a show it gets cancelled. So I'll be quiet now. *squeek!*

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                          I guess I'm the only Gateworlder who loved the pilot. I'm not going to say that too loud only because any time I spout out about loving a show it gets cancelled. So I'll be quiet now. *squeek!*
                          LOL, you're not the only one this happens to! Everytime I say, "I love X show" it gets cancelled! I hate it! LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Exclusive Q & A- Tricia Helfer Takes on Warehouse 13

The hard working Tricia Helfer has been all over TV screens in the past few months – whether she was wrapping up her role as the Cylon Number Six on Battlestar Galactica, playing a recurring role on Burn Notice or guest starring on Chuck.

This Tuesday night at 9:00pm ET/PT, Helfer can be seen on Syfy's new series Warehouse 13, as FBI agent Bonnie Belski, who comes across lead characters Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly), as they work to stop a group of bank robbers with a very unusual weapon – a record that stops all those who hear it in their tracks, allowing the robbers to flee without anyone trying to stop them.

I recently spoke to Helfer about her guest role on Warehouse 13, along with some of her other upcoming projects – including playing the featured client of the Human Target on the pilot for that upcoming FOX series, and her return to the world of the Cylons for the TV-Movie Battlestar Galactica: The Plan.

continues:-
                            http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1003210p1.html

Comment

Well, its Tuesday and another episode will be on tonight! However, I have my ustream show to do while its on...and as soon as that's over...I'm off to the theater to see Harry Potter. So, I will have to watch it on my DVR tomorrow.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Actually, if you go to Advanced Search and choose the option to search thread titles, the results are pretty accurate. But no, the regular search is not that good. I only ever use Advanced Search now.
                                Thankyou! I guess I should look over these tools a little better before writing them off eh?

Anyways, I also like the pilot very much and cannot wait to see the new episode, but I watch on Hulu so I can't see it until tomorrow or thursday, depending on what happens. I don't work until ten hundred hours tomorrow so I have time in the morning!
                                You shot that thing at me!
                                I was already on an Alien Planet!
                                We're all in this together!
                                What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

Working...
                                X