Warehouse 13 General Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Totally ruined any sort of believablity they have as law enforcement officers. Yes, the Secret Service protects the President and Veep but they also protect out money supply. They investigate counterfeit money and counterfeiters in the US and (I think) around the world.
    They primarily have to make sure, that these funny objects stay locked up, and won't be used anymore.

I like this episode, by the way, and it starts to get me intrigued, which is good.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
      They primarily have to make sure, that these funny objects stay locked up, and won't be used anymore.

I like this episode, by the way, and it starts to get me intrigued, which is good.
      Agreed, and I hate to sound like a hard a$$, but as law enforcement officers they should have reported the perpetrators to the FBI. Yes, the money is insured through various government programs, but still, it's the tax payers who pay for it.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Personally, I liked this second episode. I will continue watching next week.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Interesting premise, although the ending was mawkish and unbelievable. And yes, I'm calling unbelievable despite the content of the ep itself.

Spoiler:
          Saying "it wasn't about the money" is a lie because it WAS about the money- they needed it in order to buy back the music. And making one person/family happy doesn't do much for all the people whose money was stolen. Or the banks themselves. There's a trickle-down effect. I remember reading about it in Going Postal by Terry Pratchett.

The point is that just because the money is going to a "good" cause doesn't make it right. That's faulty reasoning and any REAL cop (or professional or, hell, anyone with an ounce of COMMON SENSE) would know that and would object.

Still, I'm curious to see where some of these elements are headed. I'm guessing that the
          Spoiler:
          "You have to stop her" thing either ties in to Mrs. Fredericks or is going to be part of some season arc thing. Although I'm still leaning towards Mrs. F. Who is she? What does she want? Does she REALLY have everyone's best interests at heart by locking this stuff away or does she have an ulterior- and dangerous- motive?

Or it'll be some precocious little tyke we meet later on who turns out to be the personification of Evil or something.

Comment

Warehouse 13 is tops again for the night

In its second Tuesday airing, Syfy's new Warehouse 13 was the top original cable drama in prime time Tuesday for the second week in a row among adults 25-54, the network announced.

The new episode, "Resonance," beat new episodes of A&E's The Cleaner, TNT's HawthoRNe, TNT's Saving Grace and F/X's Rescue Me.

The one-hour dramedy delivered a 2.4 household rating, 3.4 million total viewers, 1.6 million adults 25-54 and 1.2 million adults 18-49.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/warehou...-tops-agai.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Warehouse 13 is tops again for the night

In its second Tuesday airing, Syfy's new Warehouse 13 was the top original cable drama in prime time Tuesday for the second week in a row among adults 25-54, the network announced.

The new episode, "Resonance," beat new episodes of A&E's The Cleaner, TNT's HawthoRNe, TNT's Saving Grace and F/X's Rescue Me.

The one-hour dramedy delivered a 2.4 household rating, 3.4 million total viewers, 1.6 million adults 25-54 and 1.2 million adults 18-49.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/warehou...-tops-agai.php
              I still have the episode sitting on my DVR. I just can't bring myself to press the play button.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                I still have the episode sitting on my DVR. I just can't bring myself to press the play button.
                I haven't got around to watching it yet either, tho i didn't watch the pilot until last weekend.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I liked the second episode. I liked seeing Artie with the newer gadgets. Though I thought it was odd Pete and Myka didn't use any atypical gadgets. Though it could be an interesting contrast with Pete and Myka being fairly "normal" people, with Artie using the wild crazy gadgets when he leaves the warehouse. "Oh sorry, had a kodac moment" It definitely looks like theres some story arc buildup.
                  You shot that thing at me!
                  I was already on an Alien Planet!
                  We're all in this together!
                  What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

This show still hasn't managed to interest me, I will give it one more episode and if that doesn't do it then I will stop watching.

My problems with episode 2 were:

Spoiler:
                    Why didn't Myka use her freakin gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She neither drew it when pursuing the bank robbers nor when the robbers rescued their partner! She should have put several rounds into the person with the speakers in the coat.

Second thing was letting the robbers get away, there is no justification for this! It's practically like saying that you think robbery is justified if you really need the money which is just stupid and I don't believe for a second that two federal agents would act this way.

Comment

Warehouse 13 - Episode 1.05 - Promotional Photos

aka the Joe Flanigan episode

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...omotional.html
                      Last edited by Madwelshboy; 16 July 2009, 11:14 AM.

Comment

I'm enjoying the show. Its nice to see sci-fi elements mixed with humor. I especially liked Pete from the beginning. He's charming. I like Myka is on the serious side which puts her and Pete at odds with their views, as they manage to work together.

Artie is okay.

I hope to see more of CCH Pounder's character, since she is mysterious and interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Warehouse 13 - Episode 1.05 - Promotional Photos

aka the Joe Flanigan episode

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...omotional.html
                          Oh yay! Thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Come on, press play. You might like it.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I didn't like the first episode, but tuned in for the second to see if it got any better. It didn't-at least for me. I'll be interested to see the ratings after 5 or 6 episodes. I will probably tune in for ep 3 as a last desperate attempt to find something interesting, but after that, I'm out unless there is dramatic improvement.
                              To get more viewers than a great show like Rescue Me is a disgrace!!!

Comment

Episode Discription for Episodes 3-8

Spoiler:
                                "Magnetism"
                                Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are sent to upstate New York to investigate why the town's inhabitants seem to be acting out their subconscious desires. At Warehouse 13, Artie (Saul Rubinek) is puzzled by the building's sudden energy surges.
                                Guest Star: Ivan Sergei
                                Air Date: July 21, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Claudia"
                                Artie (Saul Rubinek) is kidnapped by a young woman named Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) who believes he is responsible for the death of her brother, Joshua, 12 years earlier. As Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) try to find Artie, Artie learns there's more to Joshua's fate than he ever knew, and he might still have a chance to make things right--but at a terrible cost.
                                Guest Star: CCH Pounder
                                Air Date: July 28, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Elements"
                                When a sculpture is stolen thanks to a Native American artifact that allowed the thief to walk through the steel walls of a vault, Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are sent to New York City to investigate. The hunt for the truth eventually leads them to the discovery of a sacred place--and they'll do all they can to protect it.
                                Guest Stars: Joe Flanigan, James Naughton
                                Air Date: August 4, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Burnout"
                                Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) must complete the life-threatening mission of a long-dead Warehouse agent who disappeared while on the hunt for an artifact.
                                Guest Stars: Roberta Maxwell, Al Sapienza
                                Air Date: August 11, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Implosion"
                                Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) rejoin their Secret Service detail in Washington to intercept a samurai sword that's about to be given as a gift to the president. They expect the mission to be a quick swap with a decoy, but instead discover that someone else is out there, also trying to collect objects that belong in the Warehouse.
                                Guest Stars: CCH Pounder, Roger Rees
                                Air Date: August 18, 2009 @ 9 PM

"Duped"
                                Pete (Eddie McClintock) and Myka (Joanne Kelly) are dispatched to Las Vegas to retrieve an artifact that seems to grant good fortune to a couple of gamblers. But their simple snag it/bag it/tag it mission gets complicated when Myka accidentally gets trapped in Lewis Carroll's mirror--unleashing the malevolent entity that was trapped inside.
                                Guest Stars: Erica Cerra, Niall Matter, CCH Pounder
                                Air Date: August 25, 2009 @ 9 PM

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/all-upc...pisodes-of.php

Comment

Working...
                                X