Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As beginnings go it was excellent. I liked Gwen's comment about England, a bit like mine to my ex hubby when he took his bike out for a blow and ended up in Wales, I said "What the hell are you doing in Wales you haven't got your passport".

It got a bit soapy at time, Alice, Ianto's sister,
    Spoiler:
    Gwen being pregnant
    Looking forward to the next episode. Don't let me down RTD

Comment

all i can say is TORCHWOOD IS BACK!!!
      but was any one else getting annoyed by how many times we are coming was said during day one!!!
      Last edited by jad232; 06 July 2009, 01:41 PM. Reason: typing error

save stargate atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        Just noticed the thread title in Catsitter's post - Radio Drama: Asylum. What's it all about? Does it tie in with the new series starting tonight?
        There were three radio dramas on Radio 4 on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week, but I haven't had the chance to listen to the third one yet. The first two were stand alones and as far as I know, the third one was too. I don't think there is any tie-in with the new TV series but they must have thought it would be the best time to broadcast them publicity-wise.

Tonight's TV episode was good. I would say better than the previous series despite missing Owen and Tosh.

Spoiler:
        I was hoping that doctor was going to join the team. I suppose being shot dead doesn't absolutely rule that out, but it seems unlikely now! I wonder if there are going to be new team members.
        Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by jad232 View Post
          all i can say is TORCHWOOD IS BACK!!!
          but was any one else getting annoyed by how many times we are coming was said during day one!!!
          Yes! I think it'll get a bit repetitive, especially seeing as it's a 5-part storyline. Does anyone think we'll be meeting the new Torchwood members in these episodes?
          :sam: P4X 884 looks like an untouched paradise Sir.
          :tealc: Appearances may be deceiving.
          :jack: One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
          :daniel: A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
          :jack: .... Never run with scissors?
          :hammond: Were you trying to make a point Major?

Comment

As people have already said, that was absolutely bloody marvellous. I've been trying for ages to convince my family to give Torchwood another go and I couldn't have picked a better time for them to give in. Not much of that episode was new to me due to the abundance of pre-release spoilers but it was still done masterfully and I have no idea where the plot's going now and can't wait.

Also, this is the first proper Old-style serial we've had since the revival. If the ratings for this work out maybe we'll get massive proper Doctor Who ones as well.

Also, is there a reason why Torchwood doesn't get a subforum? Torchwood's on it's third season whereas Caprica got one with just a pilot.
            Last edited by pbellosom; 06 July 2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Spoilers for Day One.
              Spoiler:
              I thought Day One was great! I totally fell for the new doctor being the next one to become part of the Torchwood team. I really liked finding out about Jack's family. I really liked Gwen as she connected with the institutionalized man. The way Mr. Barrowman described the episode in the new interview was spot on with my experience. He said something along the lines of "Everything gets thrown at you so fast and by the end you need more".

Didn't really understand the bomb part. Surely there was something sharp around Torchwood that could have been used in 5 seconds to slice Jack open and take the bomb out so he could have been on the lift with Ianto?

Also, at the very end of the 2nd day preview,
              Spoiler:
              I caught a glimpse of a charred body and all I could think was OWEN!! I know its probably not him, but nobody spoil me cause I want to keep dreaming. Normally I believe I wouldn't want a character to come back after something like that because it would spoil the drama of their death. Here, though, I'm kind of in limbo when it comes to the emotional impact of the end of season 2, because people come back to life on this show all the time. I still haven't felt that dramatic impact from it, because there's always the possibility that they'll come back.
              Last edited by sparklegem; 06 July 2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                Didn't really understand the bomb part. Surely there was something sharp around Torchwood that could have been used in 5 seconds to slice Jack open and take the bomb out so he could have been on the lift with Ianto?
                Since Jack can't die (well, not permanently), I suppose it was safer to get Gwen and Ianto out of the way without stopping to do that. I suppose any monsters they were keeping in the basement will have been killed by the bomb? And was the pterodactyl still around to be killed by it too? I can't remember what happened with it exactly last series?
                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

Spoilers for Day One.
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh no, that's right! I completely forgot about the pterodactyl!

Catsitter, what you say makes sense, except that the way Ianto didn't want to leave Jack implied they weren't sure if he would survive this one.
                  Last edited by sparklegem; 06 July 2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Remember to use SPOILER tags please folks.

Some of us (me for example) were at work till 2200hrs.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Remember to use SPOILER tags please folks.

Some of us (me for example) were at work till 2200hrs.
                      Sorry, I'll go back and edit mine. I just assumed it would be all right since the title of the thread says "Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK".

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                        Sorry, I'll go back and edit mine. I just assumed it would be all right since the title of the thread says "Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK".
                        Just reminding people.

As I said, I'm working till 2200hrs all this week, so I won't be able to watch Children of Earth "live".

Thank Sooty for the iPlayer...
                        sigpic
                        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Loved it! Loved it! I can't wait to see how it will end.......
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

thank god we don't have to wait till next week.....

Comment

Originally posted by valen_sinclair View Post
                              thank god we don't have to wait till next week.....
                              I know! im so greatfull But im sad that ill be missing wednesdays BBC3 repeat for me!

Comment

Loved it, just gutted that my family chose to go off on our two wee holiday on Thursday morning! Argh! Somebody tape the end of it will ya?
                                If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X