Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was a great find mwb thanks...i like how he thought it was
    Spoiler:
    ruby even though they killed her

also caprica got its own folder!wat the heck?!why is it so hard for us to finally get a supernatural folder going into season 5!?
    Last edited by kennythewraith; 23 July 2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Madwelshboy. I love that
      Spoiler:
      Meg will be back.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Thanks, Madwelshboy. I love that
        Spoiler:
        Meg will be back.
        I know...I was wondering when she was going to rear her head again.
        sigpic

Comment

Episode 5.05 - Casting Call

http://spoilertv-supernatural.blogsp...ting-call.html
          Last edited by Madwelshboy; 20 August 2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Living poaches rights to 'Supernatural' (UK)

The fifth season of Supernatural will air on Living after Virgin Media scooped the rights to the cult show from ITV2.

The deal with Warner Brothers will also give the channel exclusive rights to a potential season six, as well as the right to air the first four seasons from August 1, it was announced today.

"As a strong and rapidly growing brand both in the US and the UK, Supernatural has had an awful lot of interest and, as the home of the best in paranormal drama, we’re thrilled to have secured it," said Amy Barham, head of acquisitions for Virgin.

The fourth season of the drama, which stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, drew an average audience of 870,000 during its run on ITV2, marking an 11.5% increase from season three.

Jeffrey Schlesinger, President of Warner Brothers International Television, added: "Living's enthusiasm to add Supernatural to its schedule convinced us that this would be a good move. Being able to schedule both the new episodes and the prior seasons already telecast simultaneously will allow Living to make the relaunch of the series in the UK a big event for its viewing audience

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a16...ernatural.html

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              Living poaches rights to 'Supernatural' (UK)

The fifth season of Supernatural will air on Living after Virgin Media scooped the rights to the cult show from ITV2.

The deal with Warner Brothers will also give the channel exclusive rights to a potential season six, as well as the right to air the first four seasons from August 1, it was announced today.

"As a strong and rapidly growing brand both in the US and the UK, Supernatural has had an awful lot of interest and, as the home of the best in paranormal drama, we’re thrilled to have secured it," said Amy Barham, head of acquisitions for Virgin.

The fourth season of the drama, which stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, drew an average audience of 870,000 during its run on ITV2, marking an 11.5% increase from season three.

Jeffrey Schlesinger, President of Warner Brothers International Television, added: "Living's enthusiasm to add Supernatural to its schedule convinced us that this would be a good move. Being able to schedule both the new episodes and the prior seasons already telecast simultaneously will allow Living to make the relaunch of the series in the UK a big event for its viewing audience

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a16...ernatural.html
              Very cool! Its good to heat that supernatural is spreading!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                also caprica got its own folder!wat the heck?!why is it so hard for us to finally get a supernatural folder going into season 5!?
                I asked Darren a couple of weeks ago in the suggestion thread and either he missed seeing the post, ignored it, or his silence might suggest a maybe.

I think I'll go bump my question and see if I can get an answer.....
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I mean if Dollhouse can get a folder...Supernatural should definately get one!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    I asked Darren a couple of weeks ago in the suggestion thread and either he missed seeing the post, ignored it, or his silence might suggest a maybe.

I think I'll go bump my question and see if I can get an answer.....
                    Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I mean if Dollhouse can get a folder...Supernatural should definately get one!
                    I remember reading that there are 4 conditions to whether a show gets it own folder. i cant remember them all now, by they are in the suggestion thread. I know one is that SciFi Scream have to cover the show, which its dosent cover supernatural.

Comment

It's actually 5 conditions....

- It seems to have a strong following in the General Sci-Fi folder (e.g. multiple threads, or a main thread with a large number of regular posters)
                      - It's currently in production (not a classic or cancelled show)
                      - It has prospects for renewal
                      - It has a sub-site on GateWorld's sister site, SciFiStream.com
                      - I watch it and think it'd be good to support it with a dedicated folder.
                      ScifiStream doesn't cover it and Darren doesn't watch it...never has I but I also think that he doesn't get the CW where he currently lives.

BUT we have the other three covered.

I wrote this....

1. Currently in production? Check! Its fifth season will begin on September 10 on the CW.

2. Has prospects for renewal? Well is was easily renewed for a 5th season. It is one of the top three rated shows on the CW considering its tough Thursday night spot at 8 pm CST. The two lead actors are contracted through a 6th season.

3. Strong following in the Gen folder? Well I'd say so.

- General Discussion thread has over 5,000 posts. (Almost as many posts as the entire Smallville folder combined)
                      - Four thunk threads here, here, here, and here. Even a thunk thread for the '67 Impala over in off topic.
                      - Two whump threads here and here.
                      - A couple of game threads here and here.
                      - A fav quote thread.

4. Does SciFiStream cover it? No, but it should!

5. Do you watch it? Apparently not, but you should! I didn't watch the show either until about two months ago when I bought the dvds because a number of people on GW said I needed to check it out. The show is definitely worth watching, imo. And it needs it's own folder on GW.

That's 3 out of 5, and board members have no control over whether you watch the show or cover it on ScifiStream.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

I agree with ya LoneStar!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

so the fact that its better than the shows that have been added lately means nothing!?ridiculous if you ask me but oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            It's actually 5 conditions....

ScifiStream doesn't cover it and Darren doesn't watch it...never has I but I also think that he doesn't get the CW where he currently lives.

BUT we have the other three covered.

I wrote this....
                            Excellent reasoning, LoneStar! I totally agree, it's a crying shame Spn doesn't have its own folder.

Haven't been here for a while, so please excuse me if this has been posted before - there's a web blog interview with Chuck the Prophet (Rob Benedict), and he talks about S5 about 2:20 min into the interview. You can find it at http://www.supernatural.tv/?p=968. It confirms that Chuck will be
                            Spoiler:
                            in at least 2 episodes, including the season opener. Which I think is great, I love the guy!

sigpic
                            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

so the fact that its better than the shows that have been added lately means nothing!?ridiculous if you ask me but oh well.
                              Oh...I agree...
                              sigpic

Comment

i went in the suggestion box and asked skydiver why caprica and dollhouse got folders before even airing when one of the criteria is lasting more than one season....yeah i know dollhouse got a season 2 but it had a folder before seaosn 1 began!
                                sorry im beginning to rant lol

Comment

Working...
                                X