No announcement yet.

The Force Unleashed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my biggest complaints is actually about how friggin' terrible the game's AI is. Walkers follow you around and get stuck behind posts/poles; but the real kicker is how enemies seem to be limited to their specific combat area, they won't even follow you into hallways out of their combat areas.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just finished it myself. Wow, what a short game. I feel a bit ripped off, just like I did at the end of the first game.

edit; some interesting things in the databank though:
      - Cody in a log entry, speaking with disdain about all the non-clone Stormtroopers
      - a Lt. Piett make cameos in the place of entries in the Databank
      - the oath of the Imperial riot troopers
      - the epitaph of Starkiller
      - a story about a trooper eating so many wings that they stank a craft out of service for several days
      - a note to Tarkin about Boba Fett, complaining about his use of disintegration tactics
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 October 2010, 11:27 PM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I never had that much trouble with the AI doing stupid stuff, then again on easy, I would expect them to just sit there and take a beating. I have had them follow me though, as I've been having trouble getting the Strike! trophy/achievement so I've had them follow me about (not too far though) so I could group them up and try getting the trophy.

Have you watched the cinematics yet? The last three are storyboards of early EpIV done out by the TFU actors even using old terms and names that weren't in the final version. I'm hoping to go through all the extras later once I clean up on trophies and take a crack at challenges.

As for feeling ripped off, just wait for the DLC. I don't know which version you played, but on the PS3 version there is an option to access TFU2 content on the Playstation Store so I am expecting them to release and charge for stuff they cut from the game (like Assassins Creed II did).
        Last edited by SaberBlade; 29 October 2010, 05:00 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I have to fight with my internet connection a bit. I can only get one device to be online at a time; it was the PS3 but now that my PC is up and running it's taken over. I should probably call my ISP, but their tech support kind of sucks.

Comment

Buy a new router. Saw the dark side ending, got my hopes up a bit but I jumped to the wrong conclusion. It makes me wonder just how much of the dark side ending (despite being non-canon) could be considered canon, as they went as far as to create dark side short artwork animatics with voice overs which can be unlocked as you do the challenges.

sigpic

Comment

Eh, I played a bit of the challenges and don't really care for them. I just can't believe how freaking short TFU2 is. Where it ended feels like it's about halfway through the story. There's only flipping 4 levels for crying out loud!

Comment

G4TV review

This pretty much addresses all my complaints with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Eh, I played a bit of the challenges and don't really care for them. I just can't believe how freaking short TFU2 is. Where it ended feels like it's about halfway through the story. There's only flipping 4 levels for crying out loud!
                  Don't like the challenges myself, but I am a platinum whore so I am taking a crack at them. Have 8/10 on gold or better rating. Need 10/10 for a trophy. Then I work on beating Unleashed.

In the cinematics menu, there are 9 short videos involving a character who appears in the Dark Side ending. I half expect that we'll see DLC involving this character similar to how the DLC for TFU1 (mostly) was about the Dark Side ending.

sigpic

Comment

Ah. I haven't done the Dark Side ending yet, so I was wondering what all those locked cinematics were!

Comment

They aren't anything special, but enough to make you question one aspect of the game. I am hoping for DLC soon. I probably won't buy it, because if it adds trophies then I know a few people who'll probably let me gameshare it.

sigpic

Comment

I hate the damn challenges.

Challenge 1 gets harder based on your Saber skill. I have Saber 3 on my main save, can't get gold. Yet I can do it on another save with Saber 1. Challenge 1 not having gold is the only thing stopping me from getting the platinum trophy/1000 gamerscore (although PS3 games are worth more than 1000).

I'm still annoyed at how short the game is, but apparently someone went through the PC code and Endor was mentioned. Could be DLC, could be part of the game cut out. Not much on Endor, unless they show an early version of the Death Star II under construction, which would make sense as I doubt the time between IV and VI could have been enough time to build a fully operation Death Star, even if it had a whole in it's side when the first took about 15 years (end of III to start of IV).

sigpic

Comment

From what I heard about this game I shall not be getting it until it is very very cheap. Especially if it is shorter than the first game which in itself was kinda short. What ever happened to Lucasarts.

Comment

I absolutely recommend waiting till there's a killer Steam sale or you find it in the bargain bin somewhere. It's not that it's a bad game--it's not. It's just not long enough to warrant full retail price that suckers like me paid. It quite literally feels like half a game.

Comment

I agree, just wait for a sale, or if you don't care about things like trophies/achievements, borrow or rent it.

It's just a badly developed game. It's as if they took fan complaints from the first game, used it to make TFU2 then forgot to make up for all the stuff they removed, but for all it's problems, I loved the Light Side ending so much that it helps me get past it, especially the final bit between
                              Spoiler:
                              Vader and Starkiller

I am not surprised Haden Blackman quit. They probably rushed the game to get it out before the holidays, then during the holidays they can release overpriced DLC that make the game more complete.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                I agree, just wait for a sale, or if you don't care about things like trophies/achievements, borrow or rent it.

It's just a badly developed game. It's as if they took fan complaints from the first game, used it to make TFU2 then forgot to make up for all the stuff they removed, but for all it's problems, I loved the Light Side ending so much that it helps me get past it, especially the final bit between
                                Spoiler:
                                Vader and Starkiller

I am not surprised Haden Blackman quit. They probably rushed the game to get it out before the holidays, then during the holidays they can release overpriced DLC that make the game more complete.
                                I'll bet You 10 green rep points that your right.

Comment

Working...
                                X