No announcement yet.

The Force Unleashed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you should rep me now, because people with the PC version went digging around in the files, and they found references to Endor. TFU1 did overpriced, non canon dark side ending content based on Tatooine, Hoth (for those that don't know) and it seems that TFU2 is finishing the trilogy with Endor.

The worst of it, people think the content is already on the disc because of these files, but just inaccessible, which wouldn't be the first time a developer has done that. Sad thing is, it's Star Wars and they get away with it simply because the amount who complain won't come close to the people who bought it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Well you should rep me now, because people with the PC version went digging around in the files, and they found references to Endor. TFU1 did overpriced, non canon dark side ending content based on Tatooine, Hoth (for those that don't know) and it seems that TFU2 is finishing the trilogy with Endor.

The worst of it, people think the content is already on the disc because of these files, but just inaccessible, which wouldn't be the first time a developer has done that. Sad thing is, it's Star Wars and they get away with it simply because the amount who complain won't come close to the people who bought it.
      I read about this the other day, I laughed pretty hard. Apparently it's actually quite accessible, with just minor tweaks. I hope as many people as possible unlock them this way, in a "frak you" to LucasArts for so deliberately trying to scam its customer base.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's not even funny how easy it's been for people to access limited/exclusive content with their PC version. While I've not heard of people accessing Endor (but they've tried), others have worked out how to get access to the collectors edition/special pre-order content such as lightsaber crystals, character outfits and I think the extra challenge areas and all it took was to copy a few files from one ZIP and add them to another.

sigpic

Comment

I find that kind of funny, personally. In their greed, Lucasarts got very sloppy with this release and now they're paying the price for it. You can't even rightly call it piracy, as 90% of this stuff was included on the PC version's discs. Once you own it, it's yours to do with as you please--no matter what some BS license agreement says. No matter what software companies try to claim, you're not 'renting' their software once you've paid for your hard copy.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I bought the PC version. While the playing experience is decent, I was infinitely irked at the fact that I have to play it in windowed mode instead of fullscreen 1080p.. I tried searching for solutiong but no luck.. drivers are up to date, Catalyst is up to date..
            "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              I find that kind of funny, personally. In their greed, Lucasarts got very sloppy with this release and now they're paying the price for it. You can't even rightly call it piracy, as 90% of this stuff was included on the PC version's discs. Once you own it, it's yours to do with as you please--no matter what some BS license agreement says. No matter what software companies try to claim, you're not 'renting' their software once you've paid for your hard copy.
              As I see it, I bought the disc so I own the content on it. I own DVDs, I own Blu-Rays, I own Video Games, but never have I ever seen, or agreed to, an agreement that says I only rent the content on it. Eventually they'll have to realise that people never pay attention to terms and conditions and that it will end up doing them no good once people start to complain. Unfortunately with a franchise as big as Star Wars, they'll make a fortune regardless and will end up getting away with it because people love it so much.

I won't complain though, I'll sell the platinum trophies to people, make my own money and give people less of a reason to buy the game.

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
              I bought the PC version. While the playing experience is decent, I was infinitely irked at the fact that I have to play it in windowed mode instead of fullscreen 1080p.. I tried searching for solutiong but no luck.. drivers are up to date, Catalyst is up to date..
              Assuming it's not a problem with the game or the system, just try ALT+enter.

sigpic

Comment

issue was/is that if I play it in fullscreen or 1080 resolution, the textures and models don't show up at all. I'm not alone with this issue, I checked the games official forums.
                "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Are you sure your graphics card is compatible?

sigpic

Comment

it's ATI 4870HD.. should run that game with ease.

"...."

Comment

I just finished the book and it is epically amazing (not to mention the fact that there has to be a Third one now )
                      Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                      ---
                      sigpic

Comment

The new Endor DLC has been released. It's 99 cents for US/CA and 79p for UK. I am not sure it's connected to TFU2, or whether it's a sequel to the TFU1 Dark Side Ending Tatooine/Hoth packs.

sigpic

Comment

I just got the Endor expansion tonight. There's not much to it, but heck it was only a dollar and kept me busy for about half an hour so why not. And hey, it's fun zapping and flinging Ewoks about

In case you still haven't tried it Saber, it's a sequel to the TFU1 dlc.

Comment

Yeah I have tried it. Can't complain about the price but then again everyone complained about the TFU1 DLC price and the developers were caught with their pants down by including it on the disc (partly anyway). Was worth the price to see Jedi Leia. Rawr. Loved the fact they brought back Catherine Taber to do her voice, not only continuing her role from TFU1/Light Side 2, but further adds a connection to her doing the voice of Padme in Clone Wars.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X