No announcement yet.

The Force Unleashed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I am excited about Dagobah is my hopes that it will be something that can further explain how Luke was trained. It takes more than standing on your hands, balancing objects and running around the jungle with Yoda strapped to your back for a few hours to be able to stand up to Vader.

Sure the combat shown on screen wasn't exactly Obi vs Ani, but the intent was to show these guys fighting it out to the best of their abilities (with Vader probably taking it easy on him).

If Galen² shows up, enters the Cave and kills "himself" in Sith gear, I'll be disappointed but I am hoping that it will give insight into what really went on between Yoda and Luke. I'm not expecting an obstacle course or for Yoda to be living in a top secret underground bunker filled with technology and you know, a proper cooker, washing machine and shower but something that will open up what Yoda was also doing there.

sigpic

Comment

Well it turned out LucasArt fired some of it's internal development staff, which is sad but the good news is, that the bottom of the article there is a new (to me) TFU2 video in which two of the developers talk about it.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6274890....es%3Btitle%3B2

I'd say it's slightly spoilerish. Pretty much explains why Starkiller went to Dagobah and some of the story surrounding it. They also revealed a new (to me) character which makes me want this game even more.

sigpic

Comment

SPOILERS!!!!!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dkf5...layer_embedded
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

PSN updated the store with a demo, a Hero Documentary, a Story Documentary and a Combat Documentary.

I have stupid cap limits between now and 3pm my time so I have the downloads ready to go but paused.

sigpic

Comment

I played the PS3 demo today and had a heck of a lot of fun with it. I hope the game is more compelling than the first one was. And if they pull another 'Ultimate Sith Edition' this time I'm going to be really mad.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              And if they pull another 'Ultimate Sith Edition' this time I'm going to be really mad.
              Indeed, not to mention the overpriced DLC.

Comment

I played the PS3 demo today and had a heck of a lot of fun with it. I hope the game is more compelling than the first one was. And if they pull another 'Ultimate Sith Edition' this time I'm going to be really mad.
                Well of course they are going to. Its all about the money

(maybe a little spoilery*
                Spoiler:
                My bro read the book and says that it is definately hinting at a FU3.
                Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                  Well of course they are going to. Its all about the money

(maybe a little spoilery*
                  Spoiler:
                  My bro read the book and says that it is definately hinting at a FU3.
                  Spoiler:
                  TFUII will end somewhat on a cliffhanger I heard, and the "new" Lucasarts will likely not make a third one. Dunno why.

Comment

Read the book and apparently
                    Spoiler:
                    the rebel alliance captures darth vader

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      and the "new" Lucasarts will likely not make a third one. Dunno why.
                      I have a lot of trouble believing that. TFU is a big cross-media project, and the first game did very, very well. TFU2 is one of the more anticipated games this year; I can't imagine they'd miss the opportunity to make a third title.

And uh..what "new Lucasarts"?
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have a lot of trouble believing that. TFU is a big cross-media project, and the first game did very, very well. TFU2 is one of the more anticipated games this year; I can't imagine they'd miss the opportunity to make a third title.

And uh..what "new Lucasarts"?
                        I doubt it as well as TFU is a moneymaker.

Well what I meant by new Lucasarts is just a rumor from that not so reliable site Kotaku....I should of stated that.

Comment

I can't see LucasArts cancelling TFU3. If they really wanted to cancel a third game, they'd at least wait until the second is released. The first was such a financial success, it would be stupid to cancel it. Even cancelling Lego Star Wars? It's like this rumour is going after the most successful games that Star Wars has released in the past few years.

If someone cancelled TFU3, then TFU2 is a success, I'd expect that someone to get a pink slip.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            I can't see LucasArts cancelling TFU3. If they really wanted to cancel a third game, they'd at least wait until the second is released. The first was such a financial success, it would be stupid to cancel it. Even cancelling Lego Star Wars? It's like this rumour is going after the most successful games that Star Wars has released in the past few years.

If someone cancelled TFU3, then TFU2 is a success, I'd expect that someone to get a pink slip.
                            I agree, although I'm not too big on Lego Star Wars and TFU as id rather have another Battlefront and Jedi Knight but I can't deny TFU and Lego Star Wars are the biggest moneymakers for LA.....unfortunately.

Comment

So, who else is enjoying this so far? I picked it up for my PS3 yesterday.

Intro/demo mission
                              Spoiler:
                              I was a bit disappointed that the intro mission really didn't expand on the demo at all. It was nice to get it out of the way early on, but have game developers learnt nothing from Valve's Half-Life "Uplink" demo?

Still, a bunch of fun in any case.

Second planet
                              Spoiler:
                              I really enjoyed Cato Nemoida. Sure the battling of the war droids was a little repetitive, but the architecture and visual style was absolutely top-notch, absolutely loved it. I thought it was a particularly amusing touch that at one point the Baron said over the loudspeaker to me "hey, lives are cheap, but that Nemoidian architecture is expensive!" I also thought it was an especially nice tie-in that one of the newsreel holos mentioned how this was a treasonous Separatist stronghold, and after the war they were welcomed to the Empire personally by Emperor Palpatine. Really excellent touch.

The boss battle was....a touch frustrating, but I did enjoy seeing the Rancor come stomping out like the standard SW game boss, only to be promptly swallowed whole by the Gorgon

Third planet
                              Spoiler:
                              I just started Dagobah, so I don't have a whole heck of a lot to say yet beyond that I'm surprised the Yoda sequence is going to be so early in the game. I also frowned a bit at the holocron so prominently floating above the ship in the intro cutscene. Come on guys, at least try to make them a challenge to find.

Oh and has anyone else found the Guybrush Threepwood costume yet? I laughed so hard when I saw it

Comment

I have the costume. Just beat the game on easy because I am a platinum whore (PS3) so it's the best way to unlock everything and the best way to take on Unleashed difficulty (using chapter select then unleashed difficulty rather than new game, as new game loses all your progress).

I must admit, despite playing it on easy, the game seems like half of what TFU1 was, but this is understandable as you aren't out doing missions for Vader, but this did annoy me at first.

I did enjoy the game (may change after doing Unleashed) and without giving too much away, the Light Side ending really does change my previous belief on what the original Star Wars opening crawl meant (not all of it, I would expect TFU3 to involve the rest of what happened). That ending made really made the game stand out as something that makes me want a sequel so badly so the rumours of TFU3 being cancelled had better be wrong.

When you get a chance, read the Databank entry for [Light Side Minor Ending Spoilers]
                                Spoiler:
                                Yoda and Leia

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X