No announcement yet.

The Force Unleashed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's possible that the game won't affect Star Wars IV.

I think it's more than likely the game will have no canon standing at all. TFU1 can called T-Canon, put up there with Clone Wars and the live action tv series (in development) and along with the G-Canon movies, be one long story.

TFU2 on the other hand can be a sequel to the game, but not T-Canon like the first.The new game can lean more towards the Expanded Universe (as I think cloning the character is something I'd expect from the EU, like with the Emperor clones) than the movies.

sigpic

Comment

The beauty of the Star Wars EU is that canon is only broken till it gets fixed
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        ...(as I think cloning the character is something I'd expect from the EU, like with the Emperor clones) ...
        But cloning seems to be a scapegoat-in a sense-for star wars. I mean, why didn't darth sidious just create a clone of anakin after the duel with obi-wan. And with the advanced growth ability. Idk, lately, especially with star wars, they keep coming up with poor plots for sequels. The only reason their using Galen again is because of how much every one likes him. They're regretting killing him off, so their bringing him back.

I guess there really isn't any use to hugly debate this. It will be, what it will be. I just hope they come up with something better then cloning is all =/

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          The beauty of the Star Wars EU is that canon is only broken till it gets fixed
          I'm not sure if I would use the word "beauty."

Comment

I think the beauty of the Star Wars canon is it's ability to avoid contradicting the movie based on technicalities.

If beauty is the wrong word, then the massive convenience of the star wars EU is getting away with whatever it wants by using terms like Dark Acolyte instead of Sith (yes, I'm complaining about it again).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiGeek17 View Post
              But cloning seems to be a scapegoat-in a sense-for star wars. I mean, why didn't darth sidious just create a clone of anakin after the duel with obi-wan. And with the advanced growth ability. Idk, lately, especially with star wars, they keep coming up with poor plots for sequels. The only reason their using Galen again is because of how much every one likes him. They're regretting killing him off, so their bringing him back.
              That's actually a very valid and insightful criticism of the EU. Green for you!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                I'm not sure if I would use the word "beauty."
                I would

Honestly I think it's a really clever way of going about things. It's also the reason why I roll my eyes whenever I hear Karen Traviss's name. She gets all in a huff over The Clone Wars contradicting her stuff, even though all it takes is a little bit of creative writing to fix that. If that's even necessary--the EU canon dude has said that the Mandalorian issues will be dealt with before TCW ends.

Comment

I loved the first game and i cant wait for the second one i love playing as a jedi or a sith it's so cool i'm happy
                  sigpic
                  (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I recently was browsing the web and came to a page about The Force Unleashed 2 and it directed me to: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/thefo...tank/index.jsp

Spoiler:
                    So, appearently, its official. Galen Marek/Starkiller has been cloned. I'm not hugely disapointed, but I'm not excited either-and I won't be until I play the game.

I'm very curious where the story is going to go. I hope its not a repeat-or maybe I should say-I hope the cloned version of Starkiller doesn't make the same choices and go in the same direction.
                    Last edited by SciFiGeek17; 08 June 2010, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Alright, so a buddy at work told me I needed to play this game. I finally got around to doing it, and yeah I'm hooked. The game play like everybody said was nothing new, I actually liked his story more and the clips in between. Though it's fun when you have all this power after beating it and then going back to level one and just beating it in about 10 minutes because your flying through it lol.

This I don't know if is a spoiler so I shall do it anyhow

Spoiler:
                      The trailer for the second one, hello duel lightsabers can I say HELLO"

So anybody hearing there going to be a second trailer or clip Friday?

Comment

I was able to see the teaser trailer yesterday when it was added to the PSN Store. I have to say, I liked what I saw. I like the idea of perhaps Yoda being somehow involved in the Jedi influence of Galen².

sigpic

Comment

ahhh I wanna see it lol can't wait (bounces around) I am really interested as to where they are going to take this story.

Comment

I haven't played the first since I don't have my xbox anymore, but I'm hoping to have one by the time this game comes out.

I'm looking forward to playing both of these back to back

Comment

Here's a trailer

And here's some game play footage.

I'd love a KoToR 3 with those graphics.
                              Last edited by Alan Wake; 12 June 2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Oh my ****ing GOD, that trailer was like sex, christmas and a birthday all rolled into one.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X