No announcement yet.

The Force Unleashed II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know. It'd be nice if they did it right the first time, as Lucasarts so often has in the past. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's the case with this one.

Maybe we'll be luckier with TFU2.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think LucasArt's first priority was getting the game to seem realistic, such as force powers. To be fair, I loved grabbing TIE-Fighters out of the air, but the looks of some places just seemed half assed and others seemed ugly.

For a first attempt it wasn't all that bad, but I do expect much better for the sequel. I really did enjoy the character interactions. I really did enjoy Galen's interactions with Vader, the Emperor, Juno, Kota and Proxy. I think if you take the games cutscenes and put them together, you could probably get a decent short film but it's the gameplay in between that was the let down.

sigpic

Comment

I don't care how long it takes, I want to throw stuff around which can be thrown. I don't want to be told what objects I can lift, I want to lift everything that should be lifted.... yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
          I don't care how long it takes, I want to throw stuff around which can be thrown. I don't want to be told what objects I can lift, I want to lift everything that should be lifted.... yeah!
          I want to lift stuff that shouldn't be lifted. I didn't want to kick the crap out of an ST-AT before getting a fancy button combo force kill, I want to lift it up, slam it into something else and then throw it across the map. I don't want to wait for a point in the game to pull a Death Star out of the sky, I want to see one in orbit and just destroy everything it hits.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            I want to lift stuff that shouldn't be lifted. I didn't want to kick the crap out of an ST-AT before getting a fancy button combo force kill, I want to lift it up, slam it into something else and then throw it across the map. I don't want to wait for a point in the game to pull a Death Star out of the sky, I want to see one in orbit and just destroy everything it hits.
            If Galen throws a Death Star I will demand a new game to be made with Luke Skywalker throwing planets.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              If Galen throws a Death Star I will demand a new game to be made with Luke Skywalker throwing planets.
              Luke move a planet? please. He couldn't lift an X-Wing. Actually, Luke couldn't lift an X-Wing, Galen crashed a Star Destroyer.

Galen > Luke.

sigpic

Comment

Luke move a planet? please. He couldn't lift an X-Wing. Actually, Luke couldn't lift an X-Wing, Galen crashed a Star Destroyer.

Galen > Luke.
                Yes I agree Galen is better than Luke, but IMO it SHOULD NOT be that way.

Comment

Yes I agree Galen is better than Luke, but IMO it SHOULD NOT be that way.
                  Well in Luke's defence, he had gotten a 15 minute training session jumping through trees. Galen had been trained for 15 years. I don't see why Galen shouldn't be better than Luke. Galen could be to Luke, what Obi Wan was to Anakin.

sigpic

Comment

Well in Luke's defence, he had gotten a 15 minute training session jumping through trees. Galen had been trained for 15 years. I don't see why Galen shouldn't be better than Luke. Galen could be to Luke, what Obi Wan was to Anakin.
                    True but, Galen seems to be more powerful than any force user in the entire Star Wars canon, which is ridiculous to me. Where the heck did that come from?

Comment

True but, Galen seems to be more powerful than any force user in the entire Star Wars canon, which is ridiculous to me. Where the heck did that come from?
                      I would disagree with him being more powerful. Without going into the force powers you can unlock in the game (because these aren't a judgement of Galen's power, as these powers are expected for a game), everything he did was believable from a movie point of view.

Darth Maul showed us that a highly trained apprentice can on and take out a Jedi Master, while Maul himself was defeated by another highly trained apprentice, Obi Wan. Vader was taken out by a far inferior apprentice to Maul and Episode I Obi Wan, Luke, so it's perfectly acceptable to me that Galen could have defeated him. The only thing that kept Vader alive was the fact his suit's life support system wasn't damaged when Galen kicked his ass.

I think what showed Galen wasn't as powerful as the likes of Yoda, was he died against the Emperor. He was killed the explosion, the Emperor was barely touched. He could take him on, but his power in the force wasn't up to match.

sigpic

Comment

I would disagree with him being more powerful. Without going into the force powers you can unlock in the game (because these aren't a judgement of Galen's power, as these powers are expected for a game), everything he did was believable from a movie point of view.

Darth Maul showed us that a highly trained apprentice can on and take out a Jedi Master, while Maul himself was defeated by another highly trained apprentice, Obi Wan. Vader was taken out by a far inferior apprentice to Maul and Episode I Obi Wan, Luke, so it's perfectly acceptable to me that Galen could have defeated him. The only thing that kept Vader alive was the fact his suit's life support system wasn't damaged when Galen kicked his ass.

I think what showed Galen wasn't as powerful as the likes of Yoda, was he died against the Emperor. He was killed the explosion, the Emperor was barely touched. He could take him on, but his power in the force wasn't up to match.
                        Well alot of that is very true....the theory I use is that tapping in the dark side of the force can grant one unimaginable power. But could you see other jedi bring down a Star Destroyer and even a Death Star? Maybe Yoda can...maybe.

Comment

Well alot of that is very true....the theory I use is that tapping in the dark side of the force can grant one unimaginable power. But could you see other jedi bring down a Star Destroyer and even a Death Star? Maybe Yoda can...maybe.
                          I could see a Jedi doing it, but I could never see a Jedi being in a situation where they would be able to do it.

I'd like to think I have a unique look on the force. I don't see force powers being strictly dark side or light side, it's all a matter of the power is used, moving an object with your mind is no difference to using the same ability to moving a guys throat closed. It's not the power that is bad, but how it's used. Force Lightning would be a great Jedi power, especially against driods, but since it's dangerous to people, uh oh, it's a dark evil power. Honestly, if I ever wrote a Star Wars comic, I'd revamp force powers and make Jedi use some of the dark side powers, short of the really dark ones like the Thought Bomb.

Anyway, I don't see Yoda's comment of "there is no difference, only in your mind" as being the unequivocal truth. Luke moved rocks, Yoda moved an X-Wing, Galen moved a Star Destroyer. The thing they have in common, they were stationary. Yoda was right at the time, there was no difference. It was a matter of moving objects that weren't moving to begin with. Have a Star Destroyer flying towards a Jedi, have that Jedi try pushing the ship away, then you have two forces fighting against each other, and that is when real skill in the force comes into play. I don't think that Galen, or most Jedi, would have been able to take the Star Destroyer down if it had been moving at full speed away from Galen, who's trying hard to pull down.

Same concept happens with Force Push is used, not much effort to propel a lot of crap when it's just sitting there. In fact, I think TFU actually helps prove this point, as when the ship actually tries to balance itself out, you have to fight with it again to drag it down.

sigpic

Comment

I could see a Jedi doing it, but I could never see a Jedi being in a situation where they would be able to do it.

I'd like to think I have a unique look on the force. I don't see force powers being strictly dark side or light side, it's all a matter of the power is used, moving an object with your mind is no difference to using the same ability to moving a guys throat closed. It's not the power that is bad, but how it's used. Force Lightning would be a great Jedi power, especially against driods, but since it's dangerous to people, uh oh, it's a dark evil power. Honestly, if I ever wrote a Star Wars comic, I'd revamp force powers and make Jedi use some of the dark side powers, short of the really dark ones like the Thought Bomb.

Anyway, I don't see Yoda's comment of "there is no difference, only in your mind" as being the unequivocal truth. Luke moved rocks, Yoda moved an X-Wing, Galen moved a Star Destroyer. The thing they have in common, they were stationary. Yoda was right at the time, there was no difference. It was a matter of moving objects that weren't moving to begin with. Have a Star Destroyer flying towards a Jedi, have that Jedi try pushing the ship away, then you have two forces fighting against each other, and that is when real skill in the force comes into play. I don't think that Galen, or most Jedi, would have been able to take the Star Destroyer down if it had been moving at full speed away from Galen, who's trying hard to pull down.

Same concept happens with Force Push is used, not much effort to propel a lot of crap when it's just sitting there. In fact, I think TFU actually helps prove this point, as when the ship actually tries to balance itself out, you have to fight with it again to drag it down.
                            "Size matters not," remember. Galen had complete confidence in his Force abilities and it showed.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              "Size matters not," remember. Galen had complete confidence in his Force abilities and it showed.
                              Size matters not, but I think if you try to pull a Star Destroyer out of orbit and it's firing it's engines in the opposite direction, then it matters.

The game has been dated for October 26th.

sigpic

Comment

I'm really excited about this sequel. I only hope that it reaches to-not just my own, but other fans-expectations.
                                For one, they need to come up with a strong and well written storyline. The fact that Galen is back is cool, but its contradicting not only the original game, but the star wars universe itself. If its going to be a resarection, then the game-reguardess to effects and gameplay-will fail. And I'm not entire sure how I like the fact that he could be a clone.
                                It's not that I don't like the idea of clones-I think its really cool!-but storyplot wise, for this perticulare game, not that strong. I'm also curious as to how this effects the storyline of the original trilogy. The ending of the first game isn't too far from the events of Episode IV.
                                I really do like Star Wars, but I'm annoyed with how the latest projects(books, comics, tv series, games) seem to change and alter the original concept of the story. Lucas has already demonstated that with the clone wars animated series. And some of the books contradict the original outline.
                                I'm expecting a good story, improved graphics & force powers and a longer and more complex plotline/gameplayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X