"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should probably get my guy up to lvl 50 at some point then
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've two at 50 and another at 40. Plus a few other low level characters who are mainly crafting support. I was hoping this would be the start of the HK-51 quest but sadly, no.

sigpic

Comment

I was initially playing as a Sith Warrior and got bored on Hoth at lvl 39, kinda petered out playing for a few months. Went back, on a different server (to play with other Wookieepedians), and started up a Knight. Been playing exclusively as that for a while now, up to lvl 30 now on Tatooine.

Considering deleting my SW because there's no way to transfer him from that server to the one I'm currently on. And I'd kinda like a SW to be a Sith Pureblood instead of the whiny human that my current one is.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

had a funny thing happen while playing it the other day so i was doing my imp agent/sniper named tokra on corellian run. and i put in the chat window LFG and two heroics and after i did that i got a whisper from a player that was jaffa kree. that was so funny i sent back in whisper LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I was initially playing as a Sith Warrior and got bored on Hoth at lvl 39, kinda petered out playing for a few months. Went back, on a different server (to play with other Wookieepedians), and started up a Knight. Been playing exclusively as that for a while now, up to lvl 30 now on Tatooine.

Considering deleting my SW because there's no way to transfer him from that server to the one I'm currently on. And I'd kinda like a SW to be a Sith Pureblood instead of the whiny human that my current one is.
            My Sith Warrior is a pureblood. The only races I want to level up are the unique looking ones. They need to stand out, like having red skin, green skin, blue skin, nothing that really just looks like a plain human.

It's a bit limiting as it just means I'll have Imp and Rep versions of the same 3/4 races. I paid the 500k for the human unlock though just to get the bonuses for companions. Don't ever want a human, a cyborg or that race with the blindfolds.

sigpic

Comment

Miraluka. They don't have eyes I actually generally like the Miraluka (Visas Marr, Jerec), it's just that the design of their headdresses in TOR is pretty terrible.

And I find it puzzling that "Cyborg" is a race in the game. Surely the design is just a cybernetically-enhanced Human? Why can't we just add cybernetics to the existing other races as customization or gear?

Comment

Right, I need some help.
                Finally bothered to buy the game today and set up an account, but its not letting me use the f2p option?
                What am I doing wrong?

Comment

It's not F2P yet.

Comment

Damn, the site says it is...
                    Got a whole FAQ on it, know when its going to be?

Comment

I think all they've said is "later this fall" so far. So....I guess some time between now and Dec 21 (the first day of winter).

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I think all they've said is "later this fall" so far. So....I guess some time between now and Dec 21 (the first day of winter).
                        If I have an account made with no card details to it (deleted them from the account), does my account just literally sit? And then when the f2p version comes up, I can just go on it again.
                        Would hate to find out I have backed up payments...

Comment

That I don't know--I've been a paid player since day 1.

Comment

Best thing to do is just get a free trial invitation. You can play the game until level 15, but while you're level won't go up, it doesn't stop you from being unable to at least explore.

Then when F2P comes out, you can just carry on from level 15.

As far as I know, F2P is expected with the 1.5 update, which is currently being tested on the public test server, so could be out within the next few weeks.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              Best thing to do is just get a free trial invitation. You can play the game until level 15, but while you're level won't go up, it doesn't stop you from being unable to at least explore.

Then when F2P comes out, you can just carry on from level 15.

As far as I know, F2P is expected with the 1.5 update, which is currently being tested on the public test server, so could be out within the next few weeks.
                              How do you get a free trial invitation.
                              I vaguely remember a message about that coming up when I tried to play...
                              Something like "This account doesnt have a free trial" or something

Comment

Anybody else buy the TOR Encyclopedia book? What a monster, the thing is a freakin' health and safety hazard!

Comment

Working...
                                X