Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Damn, the site says it is...
    Got a whole FAQ on it, know when its going to be?
    Quick update... Today all accounts active on the PTS (Public Test Server), where they test updates before deploying them to the rest of the servers, were converted to F2P. Shouldn't be too much longer for that change to filter out to everyone else; probably a few more weeks.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Quick update... Today all accounts active on the PTS (Public Test Server), where they test updates before deploying them to the rest of the servers, were converted to F2P. Shouldn't be too much longer for that change to filter out to everyone else; probably a few more weeks.
      Thanks for the update
      Cant wait to try this game out.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
        How do you get a free trial invitation.
        I vaguely remember a message about that coming up when I tried to play...
        Something like "This account doesnt have a free trial" or something
        Was out of the country so sorry for the delay, but if you PM me with your email address I can send you one.

sigpic

Comment

Announced today:

Free-to-Play goes live on November 15!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Announced today:

Free-to-Play goes live on November 15!
            BOOM!! Wahoo, thanks for the update Digi!

Comment

Damn, wish this maintenance would hurry up!

Comment

what does free to play mean anyway?

Comment

From what I can remember from the Q/A before the site went down, playing up to a certain level with limited access.

Comment

The site is still up. Basically, F2P lets you play the story aspects of the game up to and including the level cap -- but that's it.

That may sound a little severe, and it does mean missing out on a lot of game content, but the time involved in completing any one of the eight character quests is actually really very long. Multiply that time factor by eight, and it's a heck of a lot of game for free.

Comment

The site is still up. Basically, F2P lets you play the story aspects of the game up to and including the level cap -- but that's it.

That may sound a little severe, and it does mean missing out on a lot of game content, but the time involved in completing any one of the eight character quests is actually really very long. Multiply that time factor by eight, and it's a heck of a lot of game for free.
                      Is the level cap 50?
                      Ive been playing this for abit, started off as a Jedi Knight then moved onto a Sith, controls a little bit annoying, but games alright...
                      Going to play some more this weekend.

Comment

At current, yes. But this summer they announced intentions to raise it, so I would expect it to go up to at least 60 in the relatively near future.

Comment

At current, yes. But this summer they announced intentions to raise it, so I would expect it to go up to at least 60 in the relatively near future.
                          When I eventually reach level 50, will I not be able to play the character, or will I just not be able to level further?

Comment

No no, level cap simply means you've hit the highest level. Nothing stops, it just means you don't level up anymore.

The stuff available at the level cap is what's typically referred to as "endgame content" -- in the case of TOR, it's the Operation missions which they've been quite regularly adding to with each Game Update. Those are the group missions which typically require an 8-player team and yield the best loot for successful completion. Operations, I note, are not included in the F2P option.

Comment

No no, level cap simply means you've hit the highest level. Nothing stops, it just means you don't level up anymore.

The stuff available at the level cap is what's typically referred to as "endgame content" -- in the case of TOR, it's the Operation missions which they've been quite regularly adding to with each Game Update. Those are the group missions which typically require an 8-player team and yield the best loot for successful completion. Operations, I note, are not included in the F2P option.
                              Ah, I see...
                              Just need to get used to the controls now.

Comment

One last question, do you have to log onto the same server to have your characters saved?

Comment

Working...
                                X