"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    One last question, do you have to log onto the same server to have your characters saved?
    Yes you do, as your characters are stored on that server. Which server did you pick?

sigpic

Comment

I cant remember the exact name, but it was PvE

Comment

That doesn't really narrow it down, considering there are a couple dozen servers and they're all either PvP or PvE
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          That doesn't really narrow it down, considering there are a couple dozen servers and they're all either PvP or PvE
          Haha, Im on the Red Eclipse server.
          Been playing some more tonight as a Republic Trooper and Sith Imperial Agent.
          Getting used to the controls and play mechanics now, theyre quite alot like Star Wars KOTOR.
          Glad this game became F2P.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Haha, Im on the Red Eclipse server.
            Been playing some more tonight as a Republic Trooper and Sith Imperial Agent.
            Getting used to the controls and play mechanics now, theyre quite alot like Star Wars KOTOR.
            Glad this game became F2P.
            That's my server. If you're ever in need of anything, whisper Saberblade or Saberbabe (my two 50s on the Rep side).

sigpic

Comment

Saberbabe?
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Saberbabe?
                It's what I name my primary female character on any game I play. Sadly, it wasn't me who first came up with it. Have a friend to thank for that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  That's my server. If you're ever in need of anything, whisper Saberblade or Saberbabe (my two 50s on the Rep side).
                  Hehe, Saberbabe, but I cant talk with Teddybrown...
                  Apologies for all the questions, but how do you whisper someone?
                  Also, if your playing f2p, are you limited to the planet you start on, or once youve completed the story elements, do you get to move on?
                  One downer of this game though, and it affects all games, is some of the people who play it, turned off the public chat thingy, didnt really use it anyway, but whenever I looked at it, someone was being rude/having a slamming match/just generally being an idiot.

On a better note, I am beginning to consider mayby subscribing, but I would like to play more first.

Comment

Everybody starts on their starter planet, has nothing to do with subscriber vs. F2P. You do your starter planet (Tython/Ord Mantell and Korriban/Nal Hutta), then move on to your faction's capital planet (Coruscant/Dromund Kaas), and you get your own ship when you finish the class quest on your capital world. After that you're free to go where you will on your story quest -- but still guided on doing them in a certain order both by story progression and by recommended level of each planet (it's ridiculously hard to do anything if you're in an area that's too high level for you).

Planet order:
                    Spoiler:
                    Republic
                    Prologue: Tython/Ord Mantell (Level 1-10)
                    Chapter One: Coruscant (Level 10-16)
                    Chapter One: Taris (Level 16-20)
                    Chapter One: Nar Shaddaa (Level 20-24)
                    Chapter One: Tatooine (Level 24-28)
                    Chapter One: Alderaan (Level 28-32)
                    Chapter Two: Balmorra (Level 32-36)
                    Chapter Two: Quesh (Level 36-37)
                    Chapter Two: Hoth (Level 37-41)
                    Chapter Three: Belsavis (Level 41-44)
                    Chapter Three: Voss (Level 44-47)
                    Chapter Three: Corellia (Level 47-50)
                    Chapter Three: Ilum (Level 50)

Empire
                    Prologue: Korriban/Nal Hutta (Level 1-10)
                    Chapter One: Dromund Kaas (Level 10-16)
                    Chapter One: Balmorra (Level 16-20)
                    Chapter One: Nar Shaddaa (Level 20-24)
                    Chapter One: Tatooine (Level 24-28)
                    Chapter One: Alderaan (Level 28-32)
                    Chapter Two: Taris (Level 32-36)
                    Chapter Two: Quesh (Level 36-37)
                    Chapter Two: Hoth (Level 37-41)
                    Chapter Three: Belsavis (Level 41-44)
                    Chapter Three: Voss (Level 44-47)
                    Chapter Three: Corellia (level 47-50)
                    Chapter Three: Ilum (Level 50)

And to whisper someone is just direct messaging them in the chat really, "/whisper DigiFluid hello there" (minus quotations, obviously) for example, would send a direct chat msg to anyone playing under the name DigiFluid (incidentally, not me ) saying "hello there".
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 17 November 2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Ah, I see, I was sort of getting worried that Id be stuck on the same planet as I was f2p, but happy to learn Ill be able to explore soon

Comment

Well, I took the plunge today and became a subscriber, £7.69 a month withpayments taken every 6 months...

Comment

At least you won't get screwed over like the F2Pers. Because they have a 200k credit limit, people have been cruising the low level planets hoping they'll sell really expensive cartel items for that limit (when some are worth millions).

sigpic

Comment

I only just discovered this game like a week ago........ So much fun.

But the cut scenes are amazing at the start of the game....... They are almost like movie quality and long...

Why wasn't this made into a movie and only a game?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

So the game SWTOR is set 3,500 years before the movies...

So why is everything looking more advanced if it's in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                At least you won't get screwed over like the F2Pers. Because they have a 200k credit limit, people have been cruising the low level planets hoping they'll sell really expensive cartel items for that limit (when some are worth millions).

Yeah it's a real money sink this game...... And Free to play people get screwed over. Thanks EA.

Note I added a couple of posts above for discussion before they got merged into this thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X