"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    When are you back in for your next weekend s09? Mine starts on Saturday! I think I might go Republic this time, since I went Sith last time
    I got an email saying I start the beta on Saturday as well. Should be fun.
    Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    NDA has officially been lifted! So who wants to talk some SWTOR?
    Does Revan make an appearance? Feel free to spoil as I probably won't play it once subscription fees kick in.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      Does Revan make an appearance? Feel free to spoil as I probably won't play it once subscription fees kick in.
      Spoiler tags anyway:

Spoiler:
      Sort of. There's a sect of "Revanites" on Dromund Kaas--the Sith Empire's capital world--who sort of worship him as an example of one who was able to walk both the darkness and the light, and become greater than Sith or Jedi. One of the quests for them involves retrieving Revan's mask from elsewhere on Dromund Kaas, so he was definitely on the planet at some point. There's unsubstantiated suggestion in-game that the Sith Emperor may be Revan himself, but as I say, I only heard that 'rumour' from one NPC so it could be total nonsense.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

When are you back in for your next weekend s09? Mine starts on Saturday! I think I might go Republic this time, since I went Sith last time
        How was it playing as a Sith are you able to do more as a Sith than the Republic?
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

I don't know, I haven't tried Republic yet I'm going to do that this weekend, I think.

I played as a Sith Warrior when I was last in; did a lot of questing on Korriban, then moved on to Dromund Kaas where eventually I got my ship, and then moved on to Balmorra. There was definitely no shortage of things to do!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've played the beta this weekend, and let's just say that once this will be released, WoW will follow the way of Dodo's.. the character storylines are epic, even the side quests are well written and involving, and boss battles are challenging, especially when you meet your first Siths. Lvl 16 Sith apprentice can be a tough sonofagun, let alone same level Sith lord..
            "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
              I've played the beta this weekend, and let's just say that once this will be released, WoW will follow the way of Dodo's.. the character storylines are epic, even the side quests are well written and involving, and boss battles are challenging, especially when you meet your first Siths. Lvl 16 Sith apprentice can be a tough sonofagun, let alone same level Sith lord..
              Nothing will hurt WoW because so many people have no lives and have put devoted all their time to it. Doesn't matter whether or not TOR will be better, people won't care. Same thing happens with Call of Duty.

Firstly have to know, if you played as a male character, did Nolan North do your voice? The last four games I played were Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Arkham City and this, and he's had a major role in each game. I can't escape him.

I went for Jedi Consular, with secondary role as Jedi Shadow (I love the invisibility skill). I was near level 15 when I stopped this morning for bed. I liked the game, but still not sure on it. My processor is kind of crap so I'd need to do something about that. The main story for the character really isn't all that exciting but I do feel it's building up to something, so depending on whether or not the beta progress is saved, I'd probably go a different route otherwise I'd like to carry on from where I left off. Not sure I'd go Sith mainly because red lightsabers get boring fast.

sigpic

Comment

depending on whether or not the beta progress is saved
                It's not. Beta characters are deleted after your test period is over.

Not sure I'd go Sith mainly because red lightsabers get boring fast.
                Nah they're fun But if you do get tired, you can probably end up claiming other colours from Jedi you slay along the way *evil*

Comment

I preferred playing Smuggler and went for gunslinger myself. Nothing is as pain-inducing as satisfying as dirty kick to scrotum with audible crunch in close combat..
                  "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

It's not. Beta characters are deleted after your test period is over.
                    Aw, that sucks, but also good as I hope they'll fix the naming. I didn't like appearing as Saberblade despite typing SaberBlade.

Nah they're fun But if you do get tired, you can probably end up claiming other colours from Jedi you slay along the way *evil*
                    I thought there was a colour restriction. Jedi can't use red, Sith can't use blue or green. If I were a Jedi then I'd use red because it stands out, just as being Sith and using blue/green would stand out.

Originally posted by Galactic Hitchhiker View Post
                    I preferred playing Smuggler and went for gunslinger myself. Nothing is as pain-inducing as satisfying as dirty kick to scrotum with audible crunch in close combat..
                    I'll have to youtube that. Sounds hilarious.

sigpic

Comment

My understanding is that the colour restriction is for your first (few) saber(s); light and dark alignments dictate saber colour when you first get yours. And later on, you'll be able to get and use other colours--though it'll be a challenge.

Comment

When it comes to colours, I'm a bit disappointed that Sentinel isn't it's own class any more (I wonder if the movies/Clone Wars not having a yellow blade user until Ashoka would be responsible for that). It would have been nice to carry over the tradition of green Consulars, blue Guardians and yellow Sentinels so all those Jedi running around at least look like they have some variety.

It will be worse for Sith though, all that red. It's good that more unique colours will be made available later on. If Jedi with red is a challenge, I'd be up for it.

sigpic

Comment

You can craft color crystals. They can also be bought from shops and looted from enemies.

"...."

Comment

Would crafting allow the creation of unique colours?

sigpic

Comment

Is this game going coming out soon, and what format is it, disk or downloadable?

Comment

December 20. It's currently ready for pre-order on EA's crappy Origin digital service, and will be on shelves come release day.

Comment

Working...
                                X